PDA

View Full Version : Redshift School at Buttonwillow

Tri750
Sep 12th, 2008, 06:08 PM
BMW of Fresno has secured a discount rate for all makes of bike with the Redshift Safety School to be held at Buttonwillow. Date is Monday, September 29th.
Regular price is 180.00 The discount price is 160.00

Redshift uses the 3 group format. A group is for the faster experianced track riders and racers. B group is for advanced riders with trackday experiance and C group is for first time riders or folks wanting some classroom training with lots of instruction.

C group starts out in the classroom learning braking points, turn in points and smooth over fast. Thru the day, C riders alternate between follow the leader small groups and classroom. After lunch, you can ride on your own or sign up for individual instruction.

For C group, leathers are NOT required. Motorcycle specific jacket, pants, gloves, boots are preferred, BUT you can also ride C group in jeans, jacket,
6" boots and gloves.

The BMW shop has rented a garage and will have an ice chest full of cold drinks and snacks. The garage is a great place to kick back between sessions and talk bikes or get to know other riders.

Lunch plans are usually announced as we get closer to the event. Sometimes you can use the snack bar or if Redshift can get permission, they provide a free lunch. You can of course take your own eats.

To get the rate, you need to call Donna at 805.927.0400 and tell her you are with BMW Fresno.
This is a great way to gain confidence on the street or track with helpful instructors. Bring a friend and have fun. Last time, there were 24 riders from the Fresno area on all brands of motorcycle.

If you have any questions, see the Redshift site at www.rideredshift.com or call Al at the BMW shop. 559.292.2269

Blakester
Sep 13th, 2008, 08:15 AM
I did a trackday with them last oct., and my buddy did the C group, his first trackday, and he sure did get his money worth. It was a full on riding school, alot of track mixed with classroom time by some old school pro's. For others they had sign up sheets for anyone that wanted 1 on 1 instruction. They had one of the best team of instructor I had ever seen. Oh and Donna, super sweet lady for sure. If you have never did a trackday or still new at it, then this is a good opportunity for you. Though, I would suggest full leathers, do you really wanna trust a pair of jeans.

poach
Sep 13th, 2008, 08:56 AM
My first track day ever was with Dennis Pegelow...looks like donna's carrying on the fine tradition.:thumbsup:

Wile_E_Coyote
Sep 13th, 2008, 08:59 AM
My first track day ever was with Dennis Pegelow...looks like donna's carrying on the fine tradition.:thumbsup:

They must be good if they manged to put up with you. :D

poach
Sep 13th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Dennis came roaring into our pit and screamed his brains out at us for passing on a yellow....but was cool enough not to pull our tech stickers. Lesson learned...

But he and his whole org liked wheelies. We'd come out of T11 at Laguna and hoist em all the way past the Mazda bridge. His start/finish flag guy was waving those green flags like it was Daytona or something.:)

yoageallen
Sep 13th, 2008, 09:54 AM
This was my first track experience and the school was invaluable I was amazed at how much the instructors helped and showed us all we needed to learn. We even had private lessons we signed up for each session.

poach
Sep 13th, 2008, 10:22 AM
We even had private lessons we signed up for each session.

Yup...I got Gary Jahne. Dude was liquid smoooooooth....probably still is!

Blakester
Sep 13th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I was probaly wrong in saying "the best group of instructors I had ever seen" what is meant by this that collectively they were the best group I've seen, everyone of them were top notch guys. All the other track companies I have ridden with have great instructors also, Poach from Trackdaz and Matt from ti2tt, to name a few, just there group as a whole really stood out.

CRASH972
Sep 13th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Yup...I got Gary Jahne. Dude was liquid smoooooooth....probably still is!

I've taken a couple suspension classes from Gary.
Any time it rains he said he tries to ride in it.

He races a ZX10R and rides a ninja 250 on the street.
Heard from a few of the guys in class he keeps up and passes the bigger bikes in the twisties.

Tri750
Sep 23rd, 2008, 10:55 PM
Still some openings....
Its this Monday.