PDA

View Full Version : TrackCrafters & DC10 are Schooling Sept 22 BW

Ralph
Aug 31st, 2008, 08:41 AM
Would like to post details, if it is ok with Moderators? Also a trackday on the 23 :D

Ralph
Sep 10th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Looks like you guys do Buttonwillow alot, Was hoping to meet some of your members, Doug Chandler will be teaching some AFM and pro guys so come by and check it out if you have time. It is always fun to ride with those guys, and the 23 is a trackday! Dougs son Jett just took 3rd at Thunderhill this past AFM weekend, starting from row 4. Doug still holds the new track record.

Do any of you guys make the trip up to Laguna Seca? That is our backyard so to speak, I can walk home from the track :D We have two secret days, NOV 3rd and Nov 11th message me for details.

Calkidd
Sep 10th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Hey Ralph sorry didn't mean to ignore you. You don't have to ask to post a track day and it is very much welcomed.

GSXR888
Sep 10th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Looks like you guys do Buttonwillow alot, Was hoping to meet some of your members, Doug Chandler will be teaching some AFM and pro guys so come by and check it out if you have time. It is always fun to ride with those guys, and the 23 is a trackday! Dougs son Jett just took 3rd at Thunderhill this past AFM weekend, starting from row 4. Doug still holds the new track record.

Do any of you guys make the trip up to Laguna Seca? That is our backyard so to speak, I can walk home from the track :D We have two secret days, NOV 3rd and Nov 11th message me for details.

Oooooo a track day at Laguna Seca!?!

Ralph
Sep 15th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Tuesday is only $135 with discount code, funny we have people from Florida coming to take the school and trackday, people from Oregon, central cal, SoCal, but cant seem to get any from Bakersfield, whats it going to take? :confused: We will have AMA pros to test your skills with, get advice from and get schooled from. Most of our instructors are AMA, AFM, racers, not back markers:D We have women instructors too!

Blakester
Sep 15th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Tuesday is only $135 with discount code, funny we have people from Florida coming to take the school and trackday, people from Oregon, central cal, SoCal, but cant seem to get any from Bakersfield, whats it going to take? :confused: We will have AMA pros to test your skills with, get advice from and get schooled from. Most of our instructors are AMA, AFM, racers, not back markers:D We have women instructors too!

Welcome to my world, I work with the local track company here in Bakersfield, www.letsridetrackdays.com, and there are only a few that support our trackdays, mostly local racers here from Bako. I am out at BW at least twice a month when I am not at WSIR. I can get more guys from this site to BW then I can the guys from Bakersfield. There are alot of street riders here and maybe if ICON made race gear we would see more of them on the track..LOL I will see how my schedule looks for the 23rd, just putting my bike back together from a nasty highside at BW a week ago, maybe I can make it..:D

poach
Sep 15th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I race in the WSMC. ..:D

You do?

kidmoua
Sep 15th, 2008, 11:08 AM
:popcorn:

Blakester
Sep 15th, 2008, 11:08 AM
You do?

Yeah, #753 fool, took the race school in July homie, so you best watch out..:D I will be out there this weekend with Quig if all my parts come in, if not, then maybe streets, but I don't have alot of time there so I might skip it and do the AFM race at BW on Oct 18-19th instead, where I am consistently running 2's, probaly don't compare to your 1:56's but I am still a novice..:D

poach
Sep 15th, 2008, 11:13 AM
NRS isn't racing bro. Not hatin' or anything, but you have to actually race before you can say you're a racer.:thumbsup:

*edit*

Good luck at BW.:):thumbsup:

Blakester
Sep 15th, 2008, 11:19 AM
NRS isn't racing bro. Not hatin' or anything, but you have to actually race before you can say you're a racer.:thumbsup:

*edit*

Good luck at BW.:):thumbsup:

Your a Hater cause I haven't even did my first race and I already got some cool sponsors, that give me free stuff, especially my suga momma..:D Your right, I shouldn't have typed that I should have put I can race at WSMC cause I got my WSMC race license, anyways I will go back and edit it for you..;)

poach
Sep 15th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Whether you believe me or not, I'm just trying to be helpful. A statement like that on a less friendly board wouldn't have been fun at all...

Blakester
Sep 15th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Whether you believe me or not, I'm just trying to be helpful. A statement like that on a less friendly board wouldn't have been fun at all...

No, I know what you mean. Back when I use to compete in bodybuilding, it would bother me when a guy would boast about himself being a bodybuilder and then I would find out he had never done a show. I thought about it and went back and edited it, when I typed it I didn't give it much thought, more trying to show Ralph that no one from bakersfield does trackdays unless they are a racer, or in my case have a race license. You would be shocked to see how many guys have bikes here and are scared to hit the track..

poach
Sep 15th, 2008, 12:16 PM
no worries bro...:thumbsup:

And I meant what I said about BW...go gitcha some and shock the crap out of those guys.:thumbsup:

:focus:

GsxR1000Ryda
Sep 15th, 2008, 12:21 PM
You would be shocked to see how many guys have bikes here and are scared to hit the track..

I wish that was my case........................

Calkidd
Sep 15th, 2008, 12:51 PM
There are alot of street riders here and maybe if ICON made race gear we would see more of them on the track..Granted that is the case since this is not a "track" oriented forum. However, Greenug was the first to organize a track day here on CVR. We had almost over 25 CVRers go to that track day. I tried to pick up the track organization here on the forum. However, it seems to have fallen off.

The thing is there is always a discount for groups of 10 or more and even some have given us 2008 coupon codes.

I would love to have the purchasing power to buy several track days and then offer the day, but alas I don't have that kind of finances.

Oh, well....

Wile_E_Coyote
Sep 15th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Granted that is the case since this is not a "track" oriented forum. However, Greenug was the first to organize a track day here on CVR. We had almost over 25 CVRers go to that track day. I tried to pick up the track organization here on the forum. However, it seems to have fallen off.

I don't think it's fallen off really. We're just not all going to the same trackday. We've probably had members going on a monthly basis. It's nice to have the large group events, but that's not always feasible. I think we have a nice track presence here at CVR.

GsxR1000Ryda
Sep 15th, 2008, 02:54 PM
why dont we all just pitch in and rent a track day for the day

poach
Sep 15th, 2008, 02:56 PM
^^^much cheaper to buy a spot with an event organizer like Track Crafters..

In addition to the track rental, you'll also need liability insurance, med units(1 on track-1 on call), corner workers, and some staff for rider's meeting, crash trucking, and overall track copping...

GsxR1000Ryda
Sep 15th, 2008, 03:00 PM
^^^much cheaper to buy a spot with an event organizer like Track Crafters..

In addition to the track rental, you'll also need liability insurance, med units(1 on track-1 on call), corner workers, and some staff for rider's meeting, crash trucking, and overall track copping...

ok so you'd have to be a factory rider to do that kind of shiznit

poach
Sep 15th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Don't get me wrong...it can be done. But CVR would have to be rolling 45 deep before it could even think about being as value conscious as just buying a spot with a solid organizer.

Calkidd
Sep 15th, 2008, 03:39 PM
why dont we all just pitch in and rent a track day for the day
To rent buttonwillow would cost somewhere in the range of $12,000.00.

Ralph
Sep 15th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Thank you all for the information, it is very helpful. If there is anything I can do to help the few out that do trackdays let me know. Also questions on racing, set up, pressures, whatever just PM me. I guess you have read now that we are doing Laguna Seca on the 3rd and 11 th of november. Cant wait :D The best way to do Laguna is to camp with a big group, BBQ, and hit the track early! We have a pretty large following and sell out early....except BW :confused: and I just love that track backwards. If you are going to do Laguna Seca I would sign up early. Did you see this http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=34222

poach
Sep 15th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Thank you all for the information, it is very helpful.

I'm pretty sure this isn't your first rodeo.:)

But thanks for indulging us...and thanks for joining CVR.:thumbsup:

Ralph
Sep 15th, 2008, 03:53 PM
To rent buttonwillow would cost somewhere in the range of $12,000.00.

Good call, 90 riders times $135 per person = $12,150 - 12,000 = $150.oo Sweet I am going to get rich:D May I ask why you want to do all this work when you can just pay TrackCrafters and play? It is alot of responsibility, training staff to handle people that fall down, bikes that mysteriously stop running, drama in the pit cause someone passed to close in the C group? We did an open day, charged 400 buck had 35 riders, tons of track time plenty of safety, and you know what....most came away with I sure wish I had my buddies here with lots of folks to pass and play with. What I thought was a perfect day to lay down fast laps with clear track, really wasnt that fun, go figure:confused2: