hippylong
Aug 26th, 2008, 10:50 PM
i just found this link..
we could have a CvR race..
all CvR riders..
no worry about your bike..
http://www.racebikerentals.com/
I'm game
What do you do when the playing field is Equil...

It can be our own I.R.O.C series.
International Race Of CvR members
hahaha...

up in smoke
Aug 26th, 2008, 10:55 PM
that's cool. I'm up for it . Bryan think you can beat me if we are Booth on 250s?:evilgrin0013:

kidmoua
Aug 27th, 2008, 12:25 AM
sounds like fun..I'm game

aaw749r
Aug 27th, 2008, 12:33 AM
IN! This is a must for us. Too much fun.

kidmoua
Aug 27th, 2008, 12:34 AM
IN! This is a must for us. Too much fun.

esp for the pansy girls that dont want to take their band new bike to the track..you know who you are..

Charlescott
Aug 27th, 2008, 12:49 AM
:word: im down

Jester
Aug 27th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Interested.

Calkidd
Aug 27th, 2008, 06:59 AM
that's cool. I'm up for it . Bryan think you can beat me if we are Booth on 250s?:evilgrin0013:You know I weight about 50 more than you do:sumo: that is like 6-7 hp right there.

JonJon
Aug 27th, 2008, 07:31 AM
You know I weight about 50 more than you do:sumo: that is like 6-7 hp right there.

excuses, excuses. :p

PRTSMN
Aug 27th, 2008, 07:36 AM
esp for the pansy girls that dont want to take their band new bike to the track..you know who you are..
Lets go Houa i will do this for sure...

i just found this link..
we could have a CvR race..
all CvR riders..
no worry about your bike..
http://www.racebikerentals.com/
I'm game
What do you do when the playing field is Equil...

It can be our own I.R.O.C series.
International Race Of CvR members
hahaha...

Good find Hippy thats awesome. Gives me a chance to experiance track life..

Calkidd
Aug 27th, 2008, 08:07 AM
$250 is for the bike only, you still have to pay for the track day. For $450 you get the bike and the track day.

poach
Aug 27th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Hmmmmmmm......

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 27th, 2008, 08:46 AM
$450 x 2 + $90 for fuel to get there+ $60 for food and drinks .... Over $1K ... too rich for my blood:( but sounds fun:evilgrin0013:

Blakester
Aug 27th, 2008, 08:47 AM
If you wanted to race in the 250 class at WSIR. It is the 3rd sunday of the month and entry fee is $60 for the race but you also have to take the new racers school the day before and get your license, if you don't already have it, costs about $200 for both those. Also, the bikes are not insured in any way so if you crash you pay out of pocket to fix the bikes, the owner is a mechanic and don't charge labor if he can fix it, just parts. How do I know all this, I talked to them about it a couple months ago at WSIR when I was taking the new racer school, and also in the Sept. RoadRacingWorld mag there is a big write up about it. It will cost a guy off the street alittle over $500 to do this the first time and then $310 any time after that, which isn't bad, I was thinking about doing it to work on my riding skills.

Sticka
Aug 27th, 2008, 08:51 AM
It is defintely not a cheap weekend, especially if you crash.
You don't get a whole track day either. You get up to 6 practise sessions on Saturday and 2 practise and a race on Sunday (2 days bike rental @ $250 each).

Cut & paste from their website....and edited a little.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

6. What if I crash a racebike?

You are financially responsible for all damage to your racebike while in your possession. Ninja 250Rs are lightweight racebikes and crash with fairly minimal damage, so we do not anticipate heavy damage during crashes. Most damage will be limited to fiberglass repair and paint, footpegs, levers, handlebars, etc. The $1,000 hold placed on your credit card should cover most damage, however if the cost to repair the bike to its original condition exceeds $1,000, you will be responsible for that additional amount.

10. What other costs should I be prepared for at the track?

The following is a list of additional costs associated with a weekend at the track:

New Racers Saturday/Sunday School & Race:
Willow Springs gate entry fee: $10 per person good for entire weekend
Saturday New Racers School: $110
Sunday Novice race: $70
WSMC Race License: $120

Licensed Racers:
Saturday WSMC practice (approx 6 practice sessions): $70
Sunday practice sessions (2) and Ninja Cup race: $70 (or $50 if 2nd race)

11. What charges will appear on my credit card?

At the time of your reservation, we will charge $250 for each day you have reserved a racebike. A day prior to the event, we will place a $1,000 damage hold on your card. This hold will be released on the Monday after the event.

17. Do I need a transponder?

Yes, all bikes on track will need a transponder for timing and scoring purposes. Transponders are available for purchase at the WSMC office for $360 or for rent for $60 per weekend. We also have 1 FREE transponder available to the first person requesting it for a 2-day reservation.

PRTSMN
Aug 27th, 2008, 08:59 AM
It is defintely not a cheap weekend, especially if you crash.
You don't get a whole track day either. You get up to 6 practise sessions on Saturday and 2 practise and a race on Sunday (2 days bike rental @ $250 each).

Cut & paste from their website....and edited a little.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

6. What if I crash a racebike?

You are financially responsible for all damage to your racebike while in your possession. Ninja 250Rs are lightweight racebikes and crash with fairly minimal damage, so we do not anticipate heavy damage during crashes. Most damage will be limited to fiberglass repair and paint, footpegs, levers, handlebars, etc. The $1,000 hold placed on your credit card should cover most damage, however if the cost to repair the bike to its original condition exceeds $1,000, you will be responsible for that additional amount.
:doh:
10. What other costs should I be prepared for at the track?

The following is a list of additional costs associated with a weekend at the track:

New Racers Saturday/Sunday School & Race:
Saturday New Racers School: $110
Sunday Novice race: $70
WSMC Race License: $120

Licensed Racers:
Saturday WSMC practice (approx 6 practice sessions): $70
Sunday practice sessions (2) and Ninja Cup race: $70 (or $50 if 2nd race)

11. What charges will appear on my credit card?

At the time of your reservation, we will charge $250 for each day you have reserved a racebike. A day prior to the event, we will place a $1,000 damage hold on your card. This hold will be released on the Monday after the event.

17. Do I need a transponder?

Yes, all bikes on track will need a transponder for timing and scoring purposes. Transponders are available for purchase at the WSMC office for $360 or for rent for $60 per weekend. We also have 1 FREE transponder available to the first person requesting it for a 2-day reservation.

Yikes sounds like you better not crash.

Calicronic
Aug 27th, 2008, 09:28 AM
You know I weight about 50 more than you do:sumo: that is like 6-7 hp right there.

:+1:

That thing would be begging for a turbo kit to haul my ass around the track...lol. This would be a really cool thing to do though. I would be in.

seDUCtive
Aug 27th, 2008, 09:42 AM

Oh it is sooo on mister!!!

kidmoua
Aug 27th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Oh it is sooo on mister!!!

I was actually talking about Ryan, but since you spoke up..then you're it too:evilgrin0013:

Big Kahuna
Aug 27th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Sprocket's 250 would fit right in! :evilgrin0013:

poach
Aug 27th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Yikes sounds like you better not crash.

That's generally a good idea.:evilgrin0013:

Munch
Aug 29th, 2008, 02:26 AM
I would so be interested in this....but yikes! If i crashed ide be in a hole for sure...