PDA

View Full Version : SOW>>There is no glamour, no glory, only SWEAT

Devlausdan
Aug 22nd, 2008, 09:46 PM
There is no glamour.
There is no glory.

Just long evenings or preparations and other brotherly duties for friends. (Up all night until 11:30 PM working on Will's gixxer1000.
Try to sleep from 1-3 but no luck.
There is no sleep.
Get up by yourself in the cold night to go feed your addiction. (track).
Drive 2 1/2 hours to get to your salvation (desert 100 degrees), knowing all along that sleep deprivation will surely kill you at the track.
And once at the track, you question yourself, "Why?"
You even said yourself, "No".
And you hear your friend Jeremy say, "I can't. I psych myself out."
The heat.
The dry air.
The beating sun.
The upset stomach.
Weak. You find yourself lacking any strength.
Vision blurred.

There is no glamour.
There is no glory.

There is only SWEAT.

Left, right, left, right, left, right. Right-right, left-left. Brake, throttle, brake, throttle. Lean, push, lean, push more. So demanding has there never been another track. Smooth road then uneven road, rocks, bumps, A-holes that cuts you. You cut on the inside of them A-holes back.

Riding with buddies. You pass me. I pass you. He pass us. We pass him. I lead, you lead, he lead.

But for one truely sensational session late in the afternoon. It all made sense. Dicing with our friends and having one of the best session ever, especially when all three bikes are within 6 feet of each other apexing left and right.

Everything was in a state of nirvana.

There is only sweat. But that's what we seek.

Here are some pictures that I collected. Houa, David, Jeremy, and Ray will post up there's later.

Big thanks to Chris for everything.

up in smoke
Aug 22nd, 2008, 09:56 PM
that is what it is all about.:thumbsup:

JonM696
Aug 22nd, 2008, 10:04 PM
Nice! :word:

GSXR888
Aug 22nd, 2008, 10:06 PM
That was awesome Dan.

And yes, a HUGE THANK YOU goes out for Chris aka Poach! Thanks Chris for making this the best trackday ever for me!!:D
Dan, Houa, David it's always a pleasure and an honor:nana:, thanks for letting us hang out with you guys.
Also a Big thank you to Jeremy :applause:for letting me tag along for the ride, it was such a blast!

Blakester
Aug 22nd, 2008, 10:07 PM
That was a good summary, glad you guys had fun, knew you would. I was mad all day that I couldn't go but I am making it up sunday and hitting buttonwillow with ti2tt.com all signed up and looking forward to it. Oh yeah, my mom is watching my son so I know the babysitter won't back out on me..:D

up in smoke
Aug 22nd, 2008, 10:10 PM
That was a good summary, glad you guys had fun, knew you would. I was mad all day that I couldn't go but I am making it up sunday and hitting buttonwillow with ti2tt.com all signed up and looking forward to it. Oh yeah, my mom is watching my son so I know the babysitter won't back out on me..:D

they must have hooked you up. plug that ti2tt:)

Devlausdan
Aug 22nd, 2008, 10:35 PM
David...

Devlausdan
Aug 22nd, 2008, 10:36 PM
that is what it is all about.:thumbsup:

Thanks guys... We're just still looking to learn more from you guys and follow in you guys's foot steps.

Blakester
Aug 22nd, 2008, 10:37 PM
they must have hooked you up. plug that ti2tt:)

Oh yeah, well me and 4 of my buddies...:p

up in smoke
Aug 22nd, 2008, 10:49 PM
Oh yeah, well me and 4 of my buddies...:p

sweet!

PRTSMN
Aug 22nd, 2008, 11:47 PM
someday i will have the gear and the b@ll$. To get out to the track seeing you guys zippin around the track makes me want to do this, but the thought of trashing a bike that i am counting my blessings that i have. Really dampers my drive to go to the track i need to save up and buy a bike that if it falls so be it. Pick it up buy a couple of pieces and presto back together it is.:)

A Ninja Boot
Aug 23rd, 2008, 05:48 AM
Dan the bike looks AWESOME! just keep it naked.

Jester
Aug 23rd, 2008, 06:47 AM
Much Props!! As I read that, I imagined the voice of Ewan McGregor (the narrator of "Faster") reading..... The voices like you Dan.

J

kidmoua
Aug 23rd, 2008, 09:10 AM
here's a group shot I stole from Dave's myspce..I'll add some more later

Blakester
Aug 23rd, 2008, 11:02 AM
someday i will have the gear and the b@ll$. To get out to the track seeing you guys zippin around the track makes me want to do this, but the thought of trashing a bike that i am counting my blessings that i have. Really dampers my drive to go to the track i need to save up and buy a bike that if it falls so be it. Pick it up buy a couple of pieces and presto back together it is.:)

Only a small percentage of people actually crash on the track, I don't know why so many people think that we just go out and destroy our bikes every time we hit the track. You should go to a trackday and watch sometime and see for yourself, out of the 90+ bikes riding at any given trackday, on a bad day you may have 5 crashes usually less and most are minor lowsides.

Blakester
Aug 23rd, 2008, 11:06 AM
here's a group shot I stole from Dave's myspce..I'll add some more later

Who's that dorky looking sucker with the Trackdaz leathers on, he kinda looks familiar..hahahaha;)

GSXR888
Aug 23rd, 2008, 11:08 AM

You have nothing to fear, if a newb like me can go out and have a blast on a trackday you will have zero problems!:rolleyes: C class had the most crashes of the day I saw 3 and all three were within the first lap (cold tires) take your time get heat in those tires and who cares if anyone passes you...it's not a race, there's no trophy for coming in first.

GSXR888
Aug 23rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
Who's that dorky looking sucker with the Trackdaz leathers on, he kinda looks familiar..hahahaha;)

hehehe it was my Sensei for the day:rolleyes:

Devlausdan
Aug 23rd, 2008, 11:24 AM
This was our best session. We each took turn swapping positions and the lead. The whole session, I don't think we were ever more than 15 feet apart. I loved it when David (was in the middle) and got held up by Houa (was in the lead), coming up on the Bowl section (both taking it wide), and I (in the third position) just cut in and took the inside line and passed them both. But I couldn't hold the lead going down the front straight away. Them two light weights were just faster than me all-out on the straight away. And they both rode very good, except for the two times that David went dirt riding off-road to try to out pass Houa.

If anyone hasn't been to SOW, this was a very fun track (all tracks are) as well as physically demanding.

yoageallen
Aug 23rd, 2008, 12:51 PM
This was our best session. We each took turn swapping positions and the lead. The whole session, I don't think we were ever more than 15 feet apart. I loved it when David (was in the middle) and got held up by Houa (was in the lead), coming up on the Bowl section (both taking it wide), and I (in the third position) just cut in and took the inside line and passed them both. But I couldn't hold the lead going down the front straight away. Them two light weights were just faster than me all-out on the straight away. And they both rode very good, except for the two times that David went dirt riding off-road to try to out pass Houa.

If anyone hasn't been to SOW, this was a very fun track (all tracks are) as well as physically demanding.
Those are the pictures I love the most! Action shots with your friends.

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 23rd, 2008, 01:07 PM
Dan, David, Houa and Ray; thanks for the fun day. Always a pleasure to ride with you guys. Chris, a special thanks to you for working with me. You've got mad skills, that's all I can say. And thanks to the Trackdaz bunch for a very well run trackday.

Blakester
Aug 23rd, 2008, 01:38 PM
hehehe it was my Sensei for the day:rolleyes:

Consider yourself lucky, he is a very good instructor, did he call you grasshopper?:p

Devlausdan
Aug 23rd, 2008, 05:40 PM
Here you Chris, Jer, and Ray. You guy's pics.

Calkidd
Aug 23rd, 2008, 08:43 PM
Here you Chris, Jer, and Ray. You guy's pics.
That guy in the green....he's ok....eh...:popcorn:

kidmoua
Aug 23rd, 2008, 09:41 PM
Those are the pictures I love the most! Action shots with your friends.

o yeah..same here..

I had a blast. I really like that track. Small and techinical. You have to be ready for the next turn as you come out of one. I had a crazy power wh00lie coming out hard on the last turn in 1st gear before the front straight. It was nice playing with all you guys. Esp bigD. He had me skurred a few times by flying off into the gravels right in front of me. Not just once, but twice.

We need to hit up SOW again.

yoageallen
Aug 23rd, 2008, 10:53 PM
Very nice pics I must say.

kidmoua
Aug 23rd, 2008, 11:15 PM
Very nice pics I must say.

yes they are..

they were taken by my buddy who had never touched a SLR camera before..Dave had to show him how to use it..

bigdyang
Aug 24th, 2008, 09:30 PM
i gotta say..... this was a very very fun yet technical track..... Houa, Dan, Jeremy, and Ray's money was all worth it....... oh me? my free track day was all worth it too.... lol.....

one more thing.... chris made this track day a better track day then it should be...... thanks for working with the crew buddy, (chris)....

we'll do it again!!!

bigdyang
Aug 24th, 2008, 09:43 PM

wait.... did you mean that guy in the black ninja???? :popcorn:

kidmoua
Aug 24th, 2008, 11:14 PM
wait.... did you mean that guy in the black ninja???? :popcorn:

no, that guy on the black Ninja tends to go off the track into the gravel

poach
Aug 25th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Woohoo! Good times!

I'm glad you folks had fun, that's what it's all about. I had a great time too...riding with the Houa Crewa again(and watching em battle it out), riding with Jer for the first time, meeting Ray and watching him get dialed on a new track...good stuff.:thumbsup:

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 25th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Man, that looks like fun. I cant wait.........................

poach
Aug 25th, 2008, 08:29 AM

They see me rollin'...they hatin'.:pound:

kidmoua
Aug 25th, 2008, 08:42 AM
They see me rollin'...they hatin'.:pound:

buahhhhaha... coming from you, that is some funny *****

but indeed, that was good times

Devlausdan
Aug 25th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Chit... the guy in the green was incredibly fast. He let 10 of them A-group guys go first hauling ass down the straight away before he left the starting grid. He caught up to them at turn ONE and made a clean pass on the the two lead guys on the inside at turn TWO's apex. Then he dust all of them after turn THREE and they never caught up.

That guy in the green was fast.

And because of Chris, he made this a great track day.

:hail::hail::hail:

kidmoua
Aug 25th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Chit... the guy in the green was incredibly fast. He let 10 of them A-group guys go first hauling ass down the straight away before he left the starting grid. He caught up to them at turn ONE and made a clean pass on the the two lead guys on the inside at turn TWO's apex. Then he dust all of them after turn THREE and they never caught up.

He spanked those 2 liter bikes like how me and Dave spanked you...:evilgrin0013:

Devlausdan
Aug 25th, 2008, 09:02 AM
He spanked those 2 liter bikes like how me and Dave spanked you...:evilgrin0013:

LOL...

kidmoua
Aug 25th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I've been to 6 track days in my 3 years of riding and I must say this is the best one so far. Where else can you go and have one of their control rider hang out with you the whole time. Looking forward to many more track days with the TrackDaz's crew.

Thanks pooch :evilgrin0013:

poach
Aug 25th, 2008, 09:14 AM

...they still hatin'.:pound:

Glad you guys enjoyed the TrackDaz experience.:)

kidmoua
Aug 25th, 2008, 09:22 AM
...they still hatin'.:pound:

Glad you guys enjoyed the TrackDaz experience.:)

we hate cause we cant be like you...

I really loved the fact that the owner actually comes over to our tent and talk smack with us. Hella cool guy. Dustin right?

poach
Aug 25th, 2008, 09:29 AM

I really loved the fact that the owner actually comes over to our tent and talk smack with us. Hella cool guy. Dustin right?

Yep...that be him. Careful though...he might even get you drinking that sweet Yamaha blue kool aid.;)

kidmoua
Aug 25th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Yep...that be him. Careful though...he might even get you drinking that sweet Yamaha blue kool aid.;)

NEVA will I give into those blue Yami kool-aid

GSXR888
Aug 25th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I've been to 6 track days in my 3 years of riding and I must say this is the best one so far. Where else can you go and have one of their control rider hang out with you the whole time. Looking forward to many more track days with the TrackDaz's crew.

:+1::+1::+1:

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 25th, 2008, 11:56 AM

Indeed, that was very cool. Even cooler when he set Dan straight. :D

poach
Aug 25th, 2008, 12:01 PM
^^You mean that whole "just as guilty" thing?:D

poach
Aug 25th, 2008, 12:02 PM
NEVA will I give into those blue Yami kool-aid

I used to say that too...until I rode the 08 R6.;)

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 25th, 2008, 12:03 PM
^^You mean that whole "just as guilty" thing?:D

Werd! That was priceless.

poach
Aug 25th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Hehe...TrackDaz has no shortage of tough lovin'.:D

Don't ask me how I know....:pound:

poach
Aug 25th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Pix are up...http://caliphotography.exposuremanager.com/g/770

CVR spider monkeys blowin' the place up.:thumbsup: