PDA

View Full Version : amsoil?

Gixxer 7 Fiddy
Aug 21st, 2008, 01:53 PM
so a buddy of mine is trying to sell me on this supposedly new oil, amsoil. just wondering if anyone has used it before. personaly i think oil is oil, and i put the factory oil in my bike. but im interested in pros and cons?

Calkidd
Aug 21st, 2008, 01:55 PM
so a buddy of mine is trying to sell me on this supposedly new oil, amsoil. just wondering if anyone has used it before. personaly i think oil is oil, and i put the factory oil in my bike. but im interested in pros and cons?It is not 'new', but Amsoil is a pretty good oil and have heard good reviews.

For those of you replying...he is not asking what oil you run. He is just asking what you think of Amsoil....

Focus young Grasshopper.....

Gixxer 7 Fiddy
Aug 21st, 2008, 01:58 PM
thanks for clearing that up, obi won sasquach

Calkidd
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:00 PM
thanks for clearing that up, obi won sasquachFix your quote....put [quote] in front of my post in your reply....

Gixxer 7 Fiddy
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:03 PM
still learning, time to take the training wheels off

Big Kahuna
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:04 PM
Amsoil is great oil, I've ran it for years. But it's not as good as Repsol. :)

Gixxer 7 Fiddy
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:06 PM
i knew that was coming!

Big Kahuna
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:10 PM
i knew that was coming!I know, but it's true. Repsol has the slipperiest API rating of any oil. So much so that they have to include a friction modifier to their motorcycle oils to prevent clutch slippage. Another first for the industry. :)

PRTSMN
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:31 PM
I know, but it's true. Repsol has the slipperiest API rating of any oil. So much so that they have to include a friction modifier to their motorcycle oils to prevent clutch slippage. Another first for the industry. :)

See what you guys gone and started:stirpot:

Calkidd
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:35 PM
I know, but it's true. Repsol has the slipperiest API rating of any oil. So much so that they have to include a friction modifier to their motorcycle oils to prevent clutch slippage. Another first for the industry. :)THAT'S IT YOU'RE BANNED!!!!

PRTSMN
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:37 PM
:gve:
THAT'S IT YOU'RE BANNED!!!!

SyKoTiK
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:38 PM
haha:pound::pound:

kbzx14
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:40 PM
hay bryan whats that oil from shell! you use in your race bike?

Calkidd
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:41 PM
hay bryan whats that oil from shell! you use in your race bike?Shell Rotella T synthetic....Oh gawd I just got sucked in to the Thread Jack Vortex......:doh:

kbzx14
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:50 PM
Shell Rotella T synthetic....Oh gawd I just got sucked in to the Thread Jack Vortex......:doh:

yep!! thats good stuff and cheep! i use it in the 14!!!

A Ninja Boot
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:54 PM
Shell Rotella T synthetic....Oh gawd I just got sucked in to the Thread Jack Vortex......:doh:
haha someone once said... "Focus young grasshopper."

sPAnKy1600
Aug 21st, 2008, 03:07 PM
Amsoil is great oil, I've ran it for years. But it's not as good as Repsol. :)

isn't that stuff for slow bikes though???:confused2:

Calkidd
Aug 21st, 2008, 03:08 PM
isn't that stuff for slow bikes though???:confused2::yawn::sleep:

Sprocket
Aug 21st, 2008, 03:09 PM
Even though I dont ride a honda, I still use repsol synthetic

Scarman
Aug 21st, 2008, 04:01 PM
I've been using amsoil for a long time. Best stuff I've used and I've used a lot but everyone has their favorites for different reasons. I get amsoil at dealer cost so it's not anymore expensive than every other premium oil out there. I'm getting ready to place another large order of amsoil myself.

A Ninja Boot
Aug 21st, 2008, 04:11 PM
I've been using amsoil for a long time. Best stuff I've used and I've used a lot but everyone has their favorites for different reasons. I get amsoil at dealer cost so it's not anymore expensive than every other premium oil out there. I'm getting ready to place another large order of amsoil myself.

I need to change my oil soon, but I already have Honda Repsol oil. I may try this oil next time around.

Scarman
Aug 21st, 2008, 04:28 PM
I need to change my oil soon, but I already have Honda Repsol oil. I may try this oil next time around.

I know your Dad likes Amsoil.