PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Geometry Setup

CenCalR6
Aug 3rd, 2008, 02:18 PM
My buddy picked up an 03 GSXR 600 with 11,600 miles. Turns out the owner had lowered it. :rolleyes: I noticed it instantly when I sat on it and took it for a test ride when he bought it. I was making a left turn onto a side street and noticed I had to fight it to get it to turn.

Where can I find factory specs to set it up properly or does anyone know a shop that can do it for a good price?

Thanks

Devlausdan
Aug 3rd, 2008, 02:34 PM
Try doing it yourself first before taking it the shop. Remove the lowering links and reinstall the stock links. That should take of the rear. Now adjust the front to match the rear.

Calkidd
Aug 4th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Yep, more than likely if the bike was lowered then it could have had the lowering link replaced in it. Also, does it appear the fork tubes are sticking way out from the top of the triple?

CenCalR6
Aug 4th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Yep, more than likely if the bike was lowered then it could have had the lowering link replaced in it. Also, does it appear the fork tubes are sticking way out from the top of the triple?

From the top of the triple clamp to the rim of the fork tube is a probably about 1" to 1-1/2". There looks to be an adjustable link in the rear if I remember correctly. I don't have my Clymer's manual handy right now, but does it have the specs for geometry? I told him he needs to get one so he can do his own maintenance.

Thanks!

Calkidd
Aug 5th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Your not going to get any specific measurements in the manual. If the fork tubes are sticking above the triple 1 1/2" I can pretty much bet the rear has a lowering link install. Get on eBay and buy a used link and drop the forks back down through the triple.

CenCalR6
Aug 5th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Your not going to get any specific measurements in the manual. If the fork tubes are sticking above the triple 1 1/2" I can pretty much bet the rear has a lowering link install. Get on eBay and buy a used link and drop the forks back down through the triple.

What should be the distance from the top of the triple to the rim of the fork tube?

Calkidd
Aug 5th, 2008, 04:15 PM
What should be the distance from the top of the triple to the rim of the fork tube?There seems to be plenty of GSXR's on this forum. Can some one post how far their fork tube stick up?

PRTSMN
Aug 5th, 2008, 05:58 PM
There seems to be plenty of GSXR's on this forum. Can some one post how far their fork tube stick up?

there seems to be plenty (to:rolleyes: many) of gskr's period:D

cypher--x
Aug 7th, 2008, 04:51 PM
My buddy picked up an 03 GSXR 600 with 11,600 miles. Turns out the owner had lowered it. :rolleyes: I noticed it instantly when I sat on it and took it for a test ride when he bought it. I was making a left turn onto a side street and noticed I had to fight it to get it to turn.

Where can I find factory specs to set it up properly or does anyone know a shop that can do it for a good price?

Thanks

I just put my 2001 GSXR 1000 back to stock height. It was pretty easy. Removed lowering links, moved triple clamps, and reset, front and rear suspension. I would be happy to help you get the 03 back to stock if you need help.

The seetings for my 01 on the triple clamp was 6 mm but I have other seeting that say it can be up to 10 mm

I paid $75 for stock links (didn't want to wait) and that is all it cost me . . . well i lied i had to replace the kickstand because it was cut when it was lowered. (eBay $30)

Search here it should have all the stock setting you need: http://www.gixxer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74