PDA

View Full Version : Ti2TT at Streets 8/2-8/3

ti2ttmatt
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Saturday/Sunday at the Streets of Willow with it's newly paved section! We rode it July 4th and it was a BLAST. Hope to see some of you out there!!

Calkidd
Jul 10th, 2008, 04:10 PM
You know I would love to go, but might still be recovering from surgery

ti2ttmatt
Jul 10th, 2008, 04:27 PM
You know I would love to go, but might still be recovering from surgery

Uhoh Bryan?! What be the haps there? I have been away from the boards for a little while as Ti2TT has been taking some time but my cab company up here in Tahoe is just insane right now so... Will be back here more for sure.

What kind of surgery we talking about here and is the bike back together?

I am going to hit up Reno Fernley with the Zoom Zoom guys this Sunday... Always soooo nice to go to someone else's trackdays and be responsible for nothing but riding. Really reminds me what it is all about.

Calkidd
Jul 10th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Uhoh Bryan?! What be the haps there? I have been away from the boards for a little while as Ti2TT has been taking some time but my cab company up here in Tahoe is just insane right now so... Will be back here more for sure.

What kind of surgery we talking about here and is the bike back together?

I am going to hit up Reno Fernley with the Zoom Zoom guys this Sunday... Always soooo nice to go to someone else's trackdays and be responsible for nothing but riding. Really reminds me what it is all about.The bike is coming together and I am going to ride T-Hill on the 20th. But the thumb was broken and displaced during the accident. I have a consultation on the 16th and I am sure the surgery will be long after the 20th.

Yeah I heard bout the $100 track day there a RFR. I really want to go, but have a party to attend on Sat.

Blakester
Jul 28th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Saturday/Sunday at the Streets of Willow with it's newly paved section! We rode it July 4th and it was a BLAST. Hope to see some of you out there!!

Me and couple buddies that race in WSMC may hit it up on sunday to practice for the upcoming Streets series in OCt and nov., looks like you got some spots left. Do you give a racer discount?:D

Blakester
Jul 29th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Sweet, all signed up for sat. and got a nice discount for having my WSMC license..:D

ti2ttmatt
Jul 29th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Fantastic! Hope to meet you this weekend!!

Calkidd
Jul 29th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Fantastic! Hope to meet you this weekend!!
Might have to show up just so you don't forget my face.....:weirdface: I really wish I could go, but will definitely do the next one.

Devlausdan
Jul 29th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Me and couple buddies that race in WSMC may hit it up on sunday to practice for the upcoming Streets series in OCt and nov., looks like you got some spots left.

You WSMC boys are intimidating. Where does that leave us newons?

Blakester
Jul 30th, 2008, 09:18 AM
You WSMC boys are intimidating. Where does that leave us newons?

I am far from intimidating on the track, I am a slowpoke, but out of my leathers I am a badass, well not really actually..:D Who else from here will be there?

ti2ttmatt
Jul 30th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Might have to show up just so you don't forget my face.....:weirdface: I really wish I could go, but will definitely do the next one.

Come on out!! We are gonna stay at the AV this time I guess and give that one a whirl...

speedjunkie
Jul 30th, 2008, 08:03 PM
im signing up right now and will be there just sunday

Blakester
Jul 31st, 2008, 01:59 PM
It is gonna be a blast, There a total of 6 of us signed up, every racer in Bako is going. I have never been there before so I hope I can hang.:D

speedjunkie
Aug 1st, 2008, 10:09 AM
sweeeeet im stoked

Blakester
Aug 4th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Had a blast tearing up streets on Sat. First time to ride that technical sweet ass track, alot of fun, but never got into a good grove til my last session. Props to Ti2TT for running such a top notch event. There were 7 of us and we all had a blast dicing it up in A group.

ti2ttmatt
Aug 4th, 2008, 03:36 PM
It was a good weekend and I'm glad you guys had fun. I was riding with a couple of you Saturday morning, the one guy with the new (to him) Gixxer 1k with the chalk writing all over it was leaving these BEAUTIFUL darkies everywhere for like 5 laps. I think there was a Honda in front of him. Pretty good pace for sure!
See ya next time!

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 4th, 2008, 03:50 PM
It was a good weekend and I'm glad you guys had fun. I was riding with a couple of you Saturday morning, the one guy with the new (to him) Gixxer 1k with the chalk writing all over it was leaving these BEAUTIFUL darkies everywhere for like 5 laps. I think there was a Honda in front of him. Pretty good pace for sure!
See ya next time!

was that SpeedJunkie?

ti2ttmatt
Aug 4th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I'm embarrassed to say that I can't remember his name but he has been out with us before. He has that van that says R.TTILLERY on the side and his bike had chalk written all over it. His gf's name was on it... Daniella I think!?

Blakester
Aug 4th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I'm embarrassed to say that I can't remember his name but he has been out with us before. He has that van that says R.TTILLERY on the side and his bike had chalk written all over it. His gf's name was on it... Daniella I think!?

It was Scott Tillery, owner of R.Tillery powersports here in Bakersfield and my sponsor and a very good friend, well he sponsors all of the guys that were there that day. He is fast for sure and he just got that 1k and racers a Gixxer600 and kicks ass there, he is gonna start racing the 1k classes also. The guy on the CBR was Mike Pond, part owner of Letsridetrackdays, and it was his first time there and he turned some impressive lap times for sure. Sucked cause Pond and my other buddy, Brian, were dicing it up in there last session after all of us called it quits after 3pm, and Brian crashed entering the skid pad and broke his collarbone in 2places, I had to drive him home.
ALso, Sorry I never got to really meet you, I was on the all black GSXR with #753.

speedjunkie
Aug 4th, 2008, 07:00 PM
i was in B group one sunday but will be running A from here out. bike was dialed and couldnt find anybody in B to run with for more than a lap or two.

thanks matt for an awesome day. talked to you a little bit at the end of the day (was on the new bone stock blue and white gsxr 1000 and black truck).

ill be back, just need a tires sponsor lol. only got one day out of these tires :(

up in smoke
Aug 4th, 2008, 07:41 PM
i was in B group one sunday but will be running A from here out. bike was dialed and couldnt find anybody in B to run with for more than a lap or two.

thanks matt for an awesome day. talked to you a little bit at the end of the day (was on the new bone stock blue and white gsxr 1000 and black truck).

ill be back, just need a tires sponsor lol. only got one day out of these tires :(

u going on the 16th?

speedjunkie
Aug 4th, 2008, 07:47 PM
if i can find tires and a couple parts id like to....

ti2ttmatt
Aug 4th, 2008, 09:36 PM
It was Scott Tillery, owner of R.Tillery powersports here in Bakersfield and my sponsor and a very good friend, well he sponsors all of the guys that were there that day. He is fast for sure and he just got that 1k and racers a Gixxer600 and kicks ass there, he is gonna start racing the 1k classes also. The guy on the CBR was Mike Pond, part owner of Letsridetrackdays, and it was his first time there and he turned some impressive lap times for sure. Sucked cause Pond and my other buddy, Brian, were dicing it up in there last session after all of us called it quits after 3pm, and Brian crashed entering the skid pad and broke his collarbone in 2places, I had to drive him home.
ALso, Sorry I never got to really meet you, I was on the all black GSXR with #753.

Cool, thanks for all the info. I actually talked with Scott for a while at the end of the day. Glad your group had fun. Gonna have to come harass Let'sRide one of these days at their day. I actually remember him and some of you other boys from Buttonwillow. I was out there with the ambulance for the broken collar bone. Done it twice myself and it is one helluva annoying bone to break. Tell him to get well soon and we will see him again. Come introduce yourself next time. I am the guy that does the meeting in the morning and ride a black/silver Gixxer 1k with Ti2TT on the sides.

ti2ttmatt
Aug 4th, 2008, 09:41 PM

Yeah I remember... Cool deal sir! We look forward to hosting you again.

What kind of tires were you on? I'll take em! I gotta say that I chew through tires with the best of em especially on the silly thowie but you are hard pressed to ruin a tire at Streets in one day unless your pressures or suspension are all F'ed up. The place is technical and short and you are never on one side for too long. They really shouldn't be toasted after one day there.

Blakester
Aug 4th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Cool, thanks for all the info. I actually talked with Scott for a while at the end of the day. Glad your group had fun. Gonna have to come harass Let'sRide one of these days at their day. I actually remember him and some of you other boys from Buttonwillow. I was out there with the ambulance for the broken collar bone. Done it twice myself and it is one helluva annoying bone to break. Tell him to get well soon and we will see him again. Come introduce yourself next time. I am the guy that does the meeting in the morning and ride a black/silver Gixxer 1k with Ti2TT on the sides.

Oh well you probaly remember me then, I had the sleeveless shirt on at the riders meeting and I was standing in the back, I have red hair and I kind of stand out.:D I remember you coming to talk to Scott when he was loading his bike into the van. He was leaving black tire marks coming out of the bowl that looked badass.

ti2ttmatt
Aug 4th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Oh well you probaly remember me then, I had the sleeveless shirt on at the riders meeting and I was standing in the back, I have red hair and I kind of stand out.:D I remember you coming to talk to Scott when he was loading his bike into the van. He was leaving black tire marks coming out of the bowl that looked badass.

Assuming the one who knows where the gym is?:D Yeah, I was following both of those guys and close enough to Scott to grab his exhaust pipe for about 5 laps in a row. Every time out of the bowl and about half the time coming out of 2. I am on the same bike and get told that I leave them all the time as well but it never gets old to watch!

speedjunkie
Aug 5th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Yeah I remember... Cool deal sir! We look forward to hosting you again.

What kind of tires were you on? I'll take em! I gotta say that I chew through tires with the best of em especially on the silly thowie but you are hard pressed to ruin a tire at Streets in one day unless your pressures or suspension are all F'ed up. The place is technical and short and you are never on one side for too long. They really shouldn't be toasted after one day there.

they were dunlop 209 sportmax gp's, there were take offs that i got from ishu from infinion i think, some pro guy put a few lap heat cycle on them.

the suspension was fairly stock since this was my first time on the track with this bike. i think the pressures were around 30ish. if you want them can come take a look at em. front is still good so ill keep that, just the right side of the rear is down there. might try to get some help with suspension next time out...

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 5th, 2008, 09:20 AM
they were dunlop 209 sportmax gp's, there were take offs that i got from ishu from infinion i think, some pro guy put a few lap heat cycle on them.

the suspension was fairly stock since this was my first time on the track with this bike. i think the pressures were around 30ish. if you want them can come take a look at em. front is still good so ill keep that, just the right side of the rear is down there. might try to get some help with suspension next time out...

did u get any pics brian?

speedjunkie
Aug 5th, 2008, 09:25 AM
um my dad got a couple but there are a few from caliphotography that looked extremely good. i didnt order them there but soon as the post up on their web site ill let ya know.

(caliphotography.com under streets of willow)

poach
Aug 5th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Brian crashed entering the skid pad and broke his collarbone in 2places,.

Dude...Davenport crunched his collar bone? Tell him to quit being a dumbass.:)

Blakester
Aug 5th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Dude...Davenport crunched his collar bone? Tell him to quit being a dumbass.:)

Hahaha, he actually took it really well. Went to the ER after I drove him back to Bako then he went out with Quig that night and partied with the ladies, I guess he got some sympathy..:D

poach
Aug 5th, 2008, 11:25 AM
then he went out with Quig that night and partied with the ladies, I guess he got some sympathy..:D

Knowing Brian...that's probably all he got.:pound:

Give him my best next time you see him ok?

speedjunkie
Aug 6th, 2008, 02:03 PM
couple pics

Calkidd
Aug 6th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Very nice.....

ti2ttmatt
Aug 6th, 2008, 04:19 PM
couple pics

Ahhhh ok, I remember now. Howse the bike? Didn't seem too bad when we loaded it up. Gonna make it to Button?

speedjunkie
Aug 6th, 2008, 04:34 PM
bike is ok for the most part....just working on plastics. hopefully if i can get them ill have something for BW too. if you know anyone that has good cheap race upper and lowers. or wants to work out some kinda deal so i could make it to BW for sure. :)

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 6th, 2008, 04:41 PM
bike is ok for the most part....just working on plastics. hopefully if i can get them ill have something for BW too. if you know anyone that has good cheap race upper and lowers. or wants to work out some kinda deal so i could make it to BW for sure. :)

u went down?

speedjunkie
Aug 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM
nothing major. end of the day and wanted to see now much the tires would take

Calkidd
Aug 6th, 2008, 04:56 PM
nothing major. end of the day and wanted to see now much the tires would take**cough**Bull*******cough**:D

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 6th, 2008, 04:57 PM
**cough**Bull*******cough**:D

:word: :pound:

speedjunkie
Aug 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM
better get your throat looked at, something keeps coming up when you caugh :D lol

ti2ttmatt
Aug 6th, 2008, 05:07 PM

We are running a deal with Armour Bodies right now, which is the stuff that I have on my bike. In the Road Racing World Race Plastic Shootout they got either first or second and I have been VERY happy with the fit and finish of mine. The painter, Chad from MC pro design, said that it was one of the better ones that he has come across as far as the prep that it comes with for paint.

They normally run $649-$699 per set for the Pro Series but they are running a special for our customers, and you will have to let me know if you want to do it, or ANY of you for that matter, as we have a special code. They are doing the Supersport kits (uses stock seat) for $549 (Upper, Lower, Tail, and Fender) and the Superbike kits (must get a piece of sticky foam for the seat) for $599 (Upper, Lower, Tail, and Fender.)

This goes for all you guys whether you have been out with us before or not. I am sure that those who have not, will at some point so LET ME KNOW!!

speedjunkie
Aug 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM
any chance on getting just upper and lower for the moment?

Devlausdan
Aug 6th, 2008, 05:11 PM
We are running a deal with Armour Bodies right now, which is the stuff that I have on my bike. In the Road Racing World Race Plastic Shootout they got either first or second and I have been VERY happy with the fit and finish of mine. The painter, Chad from MC pro design, said that it was one of the better ones that he has come across as far as the prep that it comes with for paint.

They normally run $649-$699 per set for the Pro Series but they are running a special for our customers, and you will have to let me know if you want to do it, or ANY of you for that matter, as we have a special code. They are doing the Supersport kits (uses stock seat) for $549 (Upper, Lower, Tail, and Fender) and the Superbike kits (must get a piece of sticky foam for the seat) for $599 (Upper, Lower, Tail, and Fender.)

This goes for all you guys whether you have been out with us before or not. I am sure that those who have not, will at some point so LET ME KNOW!!

I at lost. The Superbike kit, you can't just snap your stock seat in? You have to stick/glue the seat on? Ok... I'm not understanding...

Got pictures?

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 6th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Just nod your head Dan and get the supersport kit.

This is good to know. I've seen Matt's bike in person, and the body work looks very nice.

ti2ttmatt
Aug 6th, 2008, 05:20 PM
any chance on getting just upper and lower for the moment?

I think the deal is for all of it. I am sure that I can get you the upper and the lower, but at the regular price unfortunately. They have them all boxed up at a warehouse and they just want to pick up whatever ones they need to send and send it for the good price. It really is a good deal on some GOOD NAME body work. There are cheaper sets out there but for the most part they are GARBAGE and one time using them and not having them line up properly etc, and you will be wishing you got the better set.

ti2ttmatt
Aug 6th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I at lost. The Superbike kit, you can't just snap your stock seat in? You have to stick/glue the seat on? Ok... I'm not understanding...

Got pictures?

The kits are IDENTICAL but the tail sections are different. The Superbike Tail, yes you have to buy a thin piece of sticky seat foam and make a seat. The SuperSport tail has a cut out in it that uses the stock seat of the motorcycle. If you are REALLY concerned about the extra 10 ounces of weight that the stock seat has, then go with the Superbike tail. If you are pretty normal like the rest of us and realize that those 10 ounces probably aren't going to make you any faster, go with the SuperSport.

Devlausdan
Aug 6th, 2008, 05:24 PM
The kits are IDENTICAL but the tail sections are different. The Superbike Tail, yes you have to buy a thin piece of sticky seat foam and make a seat. The SuperSport tail has a cut out in it that uses the stock seat of the motorcycle. If you are REALLY concerned about the extra 10 ounces of weight that the stock seat has, then go with the Superbike tail. If you are pretty normal like the rest of us and realize that those 10 ounces probably aren't going to make you any faster, go with the SuperSport.

thanks, I was just about to ask you since the website didn't really say the difference between the two.

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 6th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Matt, did you use a fairing stay, or can you just mount it up to the stock mounting points?

ti2ttmatt
Aug 6th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Matt, did you use a fairing stay, or can you just mount it up to the stock mounting points?

You can do either, at least with our bikes. Some of the bikes you cannot use the stock stay, but the Gixxer 1000's are all good. I am running the stock one right now and it lines up perfectly.

Blakester
Aug 6th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Armour Bodies are top notch and that is a sweet deal for sure. If I didn't already have my sharkskinz I would swoop a set of those up for sure. Put it this way guys I paid $650 for mine and all I got was an uppper, lower and tailsection. No undertail or front fender, just use my stocker.

Blakester
Aug 6th, 2008, 06:40 PM

Dude, I remember seeing you now. I liked your helmet and it kind of caught my eye. Just use zip ties and fix your plastics for BW.:D

speedjunkie
Aug 6th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Dude, I remember seeing you now. I liked your helmet and it kind of caught my eye. Just use zip ties and fix your plastics for BW.:D

really? its just a scorpion with a different shield....i mean its the Brian Richards (soon to be) racer replica... lol

Blakester
Aug 6th, 2008, 09:52 PM
really? its just a scorpion with a different shield....i mean its the Brian Richards (soon to be) racer replica... lol

I have a scorpion also and I like there helmets and I liked the design on yours.

Devlausdan
Aug 6th, 2008, 11:00 PM

Picture???

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 7th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Picture???

Look here:

http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/showpost.php?p=39344&postcount=33

speedjunkie
Aug 7th, 2008, 08:54 AM
I have a scorpion also and I like there helmets and I liked the design on yours.

well thanks :)

Devlausdan
Aug 7th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I heard at the CVR mng that a lot of people went down at BW. I heard that some dude took his bike in to have the oil change and the plug came loose on the track and oil every where. There was even a control rider following him when his oil came out that the control rider went down hard. Heard that he was ambulance off. Is any of this true?

Don't most guys know how to change their own oil?

speedjunkie
Aug 7th, 2008, 09:50 AM
if it was at button willow then i dunno.

this is from streets of willow

Devlausdan
Aug 7th, 2008, 10:06 AM
:doh:

ti2ttmatt
Aug 7th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I heard at the CVR mng that a lot of people went down at BW. I heard that some dude took his bike in to have the oil change and the plug came loose on the track and oil every where. There was even a control rider following him when his oil came out that the control rider went down hard. Heard that he was ambulance off. Is any of this true?

Don't most guys know how to change their own oil?

Scary stuff there for sure, but it does happen. We had a customer oil down the entire turn 1 at Streets. The track was down for almost 2 hours to clean it up. Thankfully Willow Springs worked with us and allowed us to pay extra to run until 6 so most of the day was salvaged. In our case the DEALER had changed the guys oil and not tightened it in enough. Crazy world we are playing in and noone wants to seem to take responsibility for themselves.

poach
Aug 7th, 2008, 11:17 AM
In our case the DEALER had changed the guys oil and not tightened it in enough.

Our boy at BW had the same story. We pulled his sticker for the day, made him grab a broom/kittylitter and get to work, and and told him if he wanted to ride the next day(he was signed up for both days) he needed to safety wire the plug.

To his credit, he accepted all this without whining...he took care of his business and had a great time riding the next day.