PDA

View Full Version : Dualsport'n Saturday, Saturday, Saturday!

montibank
Jul 21st, 2016, 07:30 PM
7/23/2016

If'n anyone is interested... Drop me a line 55nien 2hate4 5-juan-juan too...

What/Who:
So far looks like two of us on KTM 950's ... Can't imagine it'd be a challenging/lot of fun on plated dirtbikes unless you like your ass sore. Think this ride will hopefully be a "learning ta push your adventure bike inappropriately offroad for beginers," or "doing what your DR650 was built to do" ride.

Where/Potential Routes:
Meetup spot TBD (will update this post tomorrow asap)

All road segments will be (in the words of Jack Black) at a "medium pace" So we can all :peanutbutterjellyti not git :chase:'d and not in a :gay: sorta way.

Twisties to northfork -> Whisy Falls (offroad segment) -> Twisties home.
Twisties to Shaver or Huntington and toodling around looking for some higher elevation/cooler riding maybe bald mountain the easy (hah) way up.
Blackrock and beyond (the almost no dirt option) ***Disclaimer about blackrock route**
If your fuel range is less than 180 miles ... Ya prolly ought not to go or plan on tying a gas can to your rig.

When:
Departure time is TBD - My hope is before 90 F temps assail us here in the valley.
(will update this post tomorrow asap, trying to pick a spot that easily found by all and fits the ride route well.)

JonJon
Jul 22nd, 2016, 05:53 AM
Dang I wish I could go with you, but I have a concrete guy coming tomorrow. I've been needing to bust out my ktm for awhile now and a bald ride sounds like a blast.

SOUN1
Jul 22nd, 2016, 11:25 AM
Soon I'll be able to join you...very soon...

montibank
Jul 22nd, 2016, 04:45 PM
Cool. The 530 is in 150 pieces at the moment until I can afford to rebuild it (september).

Whatcha gittin soun?

No confirmation on departure time yet. Gonna meet either at Wilsons or the Carls Jr. to the west of it. Looks like well head into bald mountain the easy way in and see how glutton for punishment we are.

montibank
Jul 22nd, 2016, 10:01 PM
Carls Jr. Willow/Shaw - 0800 tomorrow.

Doing bald mountain easy way.

https://goo.gl/maps/Zy8irba8WVA2

SOUN1
Jul 25th, 2016, 08:45 AM
Looking to get a plated WR250 :)

chugs
Jul 25th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Looking to get a plated WR250 :)

Buy me one too.:cheers2: