PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Wanted One or Two Piece Leathers suitable for a trackday...

montibank
Aug 24th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Rider is 5'10" 165 lbs 32" waist 32" inseam...

Anyone got an entry level set collecting dust in their closet? Budget is $250~400 ish. Nephew (another one) started riding he is looking for a set.

aaw749r
Aug 25th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Rider is 5'10" 165 lbs 32" waist 32" inseam...

Anyone got an entry level set collecting dust in their closet? Budget is $250~400 ish. Nephew (another one) started riding he is looking for a set.

I may have something for you. It is scuffed but still functional. It was long on me so it should fit him for a beginner suit to see if he wants to pursue it further. $200.

Dynewind
Aug 25th, 2015, 05:05 PM
I sprained my left arm trying doing too much bike-lifting (lol) but lets ride in a bit! I'd love to practice with your nephew!

montibank
Aug 25th, 2015, 08:39 PM
I may have something for you. It is scuffed but still functional. It was long on me so it should fit him for a beginner suit to see if he wants to pursue it further. $200.

Sweet! I'll call tamorrow about it.

montibank
Aug 25th, 2015, 08:53 PM
I sprained my left arm trying doing too much bike-lifting (lol) but lets ride in a bit! I'd love to practice with your nephew!

Bummer ... well thats part of dualsporting for sure.

I think my nephew is a little worried to ride with me. A good thing in my book! He has a healthy fear of two wheels and I am absolutely content these days to putter about at the legal limits. If I can twist his arm to come north a bit that sounds like a good time.

Dynewind
Aug 25th, 2015, 10:03 PM
Bummer ... well thats part of dualsporting for sure.

I think my nephew is a little worried to ride with me. A good thing in my book! He has a healthy fear of two wheels and I am absolutely content these days to putter about at the legal limits. If I can twist his arm to come north a bit that sounds like a good time.

He sounds more like me. I've traversed as far as Cathy's Valley and then to Livingston.... Once this stupid arm gets better i'll keep adding to my reach.

montibank
Aug 29th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Ray - I left a message on the shop phone. Any chance I could take a look?

aaw749r
Aug 30th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Ray - I left a message on the shop phone. Any chance I could take a look?

I'll bring the suit into work with me on Monday, I could not hear your entire phone number on the message you left me, I was missing the last 2 digits.

montibank
Aug 30th, 2015, 06:10 PM
I'll bring the suit into work with me on Monday, I could not hear your entire phone number on the message you left me, I was missing the last 2 digits.

Cool - I'll come look after work tomorrow. Setting a reminder in my phone to call you before I leave work @ 1530

aaw749r
Aug 31st, 2015, 09:03 AM
I have the suit in the office, and little something else he may be interested in as well.

montibank
Sep 1st, 2015, 07:46 AM
Ok talked to my nephew he is interested - he will be in town thursday and plans to try and drop by.

aaw749r
Sep 2nd, 2015, 07:48 AM
Ok talked to my nephew he is interested - he will be in town thursday and plans to try and drop by.

I have to be in Tracey Thursday morning to erect some columns then back in town for a Dr. appt @ 4:00. The best bet will be after the appointment about 5:30ish.

montibank
Sep 2nd, 2015, 11:26 AM
I have to be in Tracey Thursday morning to erect some columns then back in town for a Dr. appt @ 4:00. The best bet will be after the appointment about 5:30ish.

Good deal will pass along the info and pass him the shop number.

Thanks again!

aaw749r
Sep 3rd, 2015, 01:03 PM
Sold!

or

Bought!

Whichever way you want to read it, the suit has a new owner.

montibank
Sep 3rd, 2015, 08:17 PM
Awesome - Thanks Ray!

Did he hit you up for trackday advice? I told him you were much more savvy on the topic then I.

aaw749r
Sep 4th, 2015, 06:55 AM
no, he didn't. as well, I'm by no means that track savvy, but I did have a good time while doing it.

CRASH972
Sep 6th, 2015, 07:55 AM
A group of us are going to Buttonwillow October 3&4th.

montibank
Sep 6th, 2015, 09:34 AM
I think I saw that on another thread here - passed the info along to him. He said after looking at all it is going to cost he may have to save up a bit first ;D