PDA

View Full Version : clutch ring.....

SOUN1
Jun 24th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Did a bone head move last night (in frustration) took my clutch apart and didn't bother to look at the order it was in..I know the clutch ring has to go in order but my ? is: does it matter which slot the tabs goes in as long as the ring is in the right order.:confused2:...Any more of this and just may set the bike on fire...:weirdface:

hippylong
Jun 24th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Did a bone head move last night (in frustration) took my clutch apart and didn't bother to look at the order it was in..I know the clutch ring has to go in order but my ? is: does it matter which slot the tabs goes in as long as the ring is in the right order.:confused2:...Any more of this and just may set the bike on fire...:weirdface:

goto babbits.com look at parts fiche

normaly it goes fiber then steel from inside out
as far as tabs go all tabs should be accounted for
with the fiber plates.
no order as far as which one inside.
if you show wear on any of these ithems replace em...

Big Kahuna
Jun 24th, 2008, 10:21 PM
On my 900, I have a different inner and outer plate. Then the rest are staggered in-between.

up in smoke
Jun 24th, 2008, 10:47 PM
just ask the guy who took it apart.:p

hippylong
Jun 24th, 2008, 10:52 PM
wow B.K yours are diff on friction plates thats weird...
far out...

SOUN1
Jun 25th, 2008, 06:25 AM
just ask the guy who took it apart.:p

HAHA..that's a good 1.. I can't because he's :confused2: as I am....

Big Kahuna
Jun 25th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Is this on the zx10? What year?

SOUN1
Jun 25th, 2008, 09:22 AM
05 ZX6R...I looked up the order of the rings going in but just wanted to know if the tab had any particulare slot that it has to be in or just slide in and fit...

hippylong
Jun 25th, 2008, 09:42 AM
05 ZX6R...I looked up the order of the rings going in but just wanted to know if the tab had any particulare slot that it has to be in or just slide in and fit...

huh?
the parts fish says it must stack a certain way..
your plates are diff sizes..

ps.when did bikes start that stupid stuff
mixed plates...
it's plain dumb...
new stuff drives me nuts...

SOUN1
Jun 25th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I got the stacking order down but does the tab has to be in a certain slot or certain slot order?

hippylong
Jun 25th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I got the stacking order down but does the tab has to be in a certain slot or certain slot order?

not that i know of.
but .. i have to read on it..
i'm still freaked that plates are diff.
what a hassle...