PDA

View Full Version : Certified scale weight 2004 KTM 950

montibank
Feb 13th, 2014, 05:59 PM
500#s right as my reserve light flicked on, on the way into work today.

I have around 1 gallon left typically when that light goes on. Capacity is just barely over 8 gallons total.

Lets see you do this with your 500 lb sportbike :evilgrin0013:

(WARNING: some swearing involved - completely warranted though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHBGRJCcOR4

freeriders98
Feb 14th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Nice work Monti!!! You likening that bike more now that you've had it longer?

montibank
Feb 18th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Nice work Monti!!! You likening that bike more now that you've had it longer?

I love certain things about it that the DR would not do.

It was 100% more comfortable to and from death valley.

It has not magically become a dualsport and I am still missing the DR in that regard.

I wish I could buy another DR and keep the 950. The DR was a much better daily driver then the 950, and the DR will smoke the 950 on any surface ... except whoops. The 950 does pretty damn good on those.

The DR was a lot more predictable on the road and I felt much more comfortable pushing the DR then the 950 on road.

All that being said I do not have the time in the 950 that I had on the 650. Let it grow with me a little more :p

jwoltz
Feb 19th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Clean buddy!!! I have a really nice MB frame in my garage calling your name!!!! You free sunday my guy?

montibank
Feb 21st, 2014, 01:09 PM
Clean buddy!!! I have a really nice MB frame in my garage calling your name!!!! You free sunday my guy?

Hahah... Byron sent you home with it eh? I almost called and asked but do crap like that too often. Off work now going to woodward park to try out my new massive front mtb tire. Should be home all weekend with the kiddos.