PDA

View Full Version : WTB: chain saw

SF Boyz
Jan 9th, 2014, 10:01 PM
anyone have a chain saw for sale or trade or something.....yes im looking on cl as well... hit me up someone, thanks

freeriders98
Jan 12th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Whatever you do don't get a craftsmen!!! I bought one used it three times to cut firewood. The oiler for the bar stopped working. They won't return, give store credit cards r exchange it. Their warranty is to fix it through their service department...my.saw sat in their shop (Elko Sears) for over a month. The service guy came twice and never touched it. After getting upset the store owner told my wife it was fixed so I picked it up after work. The didn't even touch it let alone fix it. All he did was give me the regional service managers number and say he couldnt do anything for me. Called the regional guy left messages and still have not heard back from him. We now live in an area where I heat my house solely with a wood stove and the held my saw for the entire month of December...I had to go buy another saw so I could finish cutting some fire wood.

I bought a Husky Rancher 455!!!! Freak in awesome saw!!! Wish I would have just spent the money upfront!

Big Kahuna
Jan 13th, 2014, 01:21 PM
I second that... After moving to a new place with some land, I quickly found out my mediocre yard tools did not hold up. I'd stick with the big boys, Echo, Husqvarna and Stihl. I have all Stihl, chainsaw, blower, twimmer, etc. They start up every time, even though I'm not as good as I should be with their maintenance. :)

You pay for what you get, and a little more money now, will save you loads in replacement costs. :)

hippylong
Jan 14th, 2014, 01:40 AM
funny, i bought a craftsman 18" electric powered. (made by polan)
cost less than 100 bucks
came with 2 chains
I dropped 7 med to large trees and cut all the fire wood.
nothing but dust and little bits left..
I find it to be a great purchase.

also side note.
I just got an electric dethatcher
130 to my door..
it kicks ass..
get one your lawn will love you..

I highly recommend both products...

freeriders98
Jan 14th, 2014, 07:37 AM
I know a handful of people who use craftsman saws. And mine cut good when it worked. I am not as mad about the actual product as the customer service and them.not standing behind their.product at all.

SF Boyz
Jan 14th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Yeah I def don't want a electric, but I'm leaning towards a 18"... But haven't decided on brand.. Would like the oiler system but well see.

Big Kahuna
Jan 14th, 2014, 02:52 PM
This is the saw I went with...

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/farm-and-ranch-saws/ms290/

Always starts after one choke and one pull. :)

SF Boyz
Jan 15th, 2014, 01:20 AM
This is the saw I went with...

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/farm-and-ranch-saws/ms290/

Always starts after one choke and one pull. :)

:jaw: daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

SF Boyz
Jan 15th, 2014, 01:21 AM
bk I heard you selling a used chain saw...:o

Big Kahuna
Jan 15th, 2014, 01:59 PM
bk I heard you selling a used chain saw...:oNot... I love that thing!

freeriders98
Jan 16th, 2014, 07:37 AM
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/chainsaws/455-rancher/

This is what I got. I love it!!!

tr1200
Jan 17th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Aint sellin' nothin' but if you need to use one I have th3 little Husqvarna w/14" bar, medium Poulan w/20" bar, and the 95cc Husqvarna w/36" bar (bad-ass). Let me know.

SF Boyz
Jan 17th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Aint sellin' nothin' but if you need to use one I have th3 little Husqvarna w/14" bar, medium Poulan w/20" bar, and the 95cc Husqvarna w/36" bar (bad-ass). Let me know.

Yeah Tom bring it, I cut 4 semi big and two big ass monsters..oh if u want some wood for the living room I got some lol..