PDA

View Full Version : Off road areas near the coast?

GsxR1000Ryda
Jun 4th, 2013, 09:24 AM
With the summer heat upon us I'd like to eventually venture out of the Sierras & into some cooler weather. Besides Pismo, Does anyone know of any riding areas near or close to the coast? I've heard talk of a place near San Luis Obispo, Pozo/Black Mountain but is worth the travel? Any other places??

McKay
Jun 4th, 2013, 10:50 AM
With the summer heat upon us I'd like to eventually venture out of the Sierras & into some cooler weather. Besides Pismo, Does anyone know of any riding areas near or close to the coast? I've heard talk of a place near San Luis Obispo, Pozo/Black Mountain but is worth the travel? Any other places??

Yup very worthwhile, still going to be warm over there though.

Chronic
Jun 4th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Will- almost directly across from the Pozo saloon is the start of Hi Mtn Lookout rd. It's a rocky dirt road with cool views and some fun steep sections....... and at least one off-shoot road that looked like it may be really good for a dirt bike.

Chronic
Jun 4th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Oooh!! AND, a highly recommended ride is the Los Burros / South Coast Ridge rd. / Plaskett Ridgek rd....... which is up above and almost parallel to Hwy 1. Lots & ;ots of off-shoot roads, too. I plodded along on this and Hi Mtn Lookout on my monsterous GS Adventure, so, I couldn't tear it up like y'all can on a more dirt worthy bike.

This'll give ya an idea>>>>>>>>http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22928

GsxR1000Ryda
Jun 4th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the insight Chronic! I'll definitely be looking into these spots!

SOUN1
Jun 4th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Plan it and they will come :D

GsxR1000Ryda
Jun 4th, 2013, 03:31 PM

:word:

montibank
Jun 4th, 2013, 04:26 PM
:word:

Saturday? ---

Feel like flogging the husky all the way there and back? Haha ... I'm down.

or ... just get up higher elevation... Kennedy Meadows is 9000'... Hunnington is 7500' (saturday forcast is 78 degrees high) .... Jus sayin.

GsxR1000Ryda
Jun 4th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Saturday? ---

Feel like flogging the husky all the way there and back? Haha ... I'm down.

or ... just get up higher elevation... Kennedy Meadows is 9000'... Hunnington is 7500' (saturday forcast is 78 degrees high) .... Jus sayin.

not down! hahaha My husky has easily seen more miles on the dirt than asphalt.

Are you riding this weekend?

montibank
Jun 4th, 2013, 08:28 PM
I have a dream... And it involves actually riding this weekend. No plans, 950, 530, tlr200, moday sale $10 special mx style bike who cares. As long as there is another body along to talk **** about thier ride and point out how loose their chain is I want in.

Will... This is the kinda chit yer bike was made for: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=892306

montibank
Jun 4th, 2013, 08:29 PM

Oh. In that case I plan on my garage having one less bike in it by the weekend :evilgrin0013:

montibank
Jun 5th, 2013, 01:06 PM
LMAO! Public chiding FTW!

Hope you know its good natured, and I realize I was a 99.99% of the delay.

montibank
Jun 5th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Oooh!! AND, a highly recommended ride is the Los Burros / South Coast Ridge rd. / Plaskett Ridgek rd....... which is up above and almost parallel to Hwy 1. Lots & ;ots of off-shoot roads, too. I plodded along on this and Hi Mtn Lookout on my monsterous GS Adventure, so, I couldn't tear it up like y'all can on a more dirt worthy bike.

This'll give ya an idea>>>>>>>>http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22928

Damn ... Missed this post...

Edit: Them there are KTM950/GSA/DR650/KLR650 etc. "med/big" bike roads ... I'd do em on my 950 but I think I'd would be bored on the 530 doing them.

KTM_Luv
Jun 6th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Pozo, Black Mountain is "year round" ... red sticker permitted, I'm down!