PDA

View Full Version : Pismo Beach Huckfest

chromefonica
Apr 4th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Anybody else going to the Pismo Huckfest this year? The actual event is August 24th in the dunes. It's looking to be pretty bada$$ this year. There supposed to be some pro trophy truck drivers out there jumping this year. They also just got clearance to have monster trucks out there in the dunes. It will definitely be worth checking out!

freeriders98
Apr 4th, 2013, 07:03 PM
August or April?

chromefonica
Apr 5th, 2013, 01:01 AM
August or April?

August

freeriders98
Apr 5th, 2013, 06:05 AM
I was just wondering. August seemed like a long ways out. Sounds like something that would be fun to go to.

JonJon
Apr 5th, 2013, 07:07 AM
I plan on going this year. Couple of my buddies already have weekend passes.

chromefonica
Apr 5th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Already got my weekend pass!

06S2R8-Nick
Apr 10th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I'll be down there as well. Taking the jeep to the dunes for the first time! I've never been before, so it should be a pretty bada$$ time.

chromefonica
Apr 10th, 2013, 08:54 PM
I'll be down there as well. Taking the jeep to the dunes for the first time! I've never been before, so it should be a pretty bada$$ time.

Is it your first time in the dunes?

06S2R8-Nick
Apr 11th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Yes Sir. First time ever.

chromefonica
Apr 14th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Yes Sir. First time ever.

Well have fun man. Just be really careful. Don't go hauling ass everywhere because there will be drop offs an bumps that you won't be able to see. A good rule of thumb is: drive slow and cautious when driving away from the water, and drive fast and have fun when you're driving towards the water. If you plan on driving out in the dunes make sure you air down. I usually run 12-15 psi

up in smoke
Apr 14th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Well have fun man. Just be really careful. Don't go hauling ass everywhere because there will be drop offs an bumps that you won't be able to see. A good rule of thumb is: drive slow and cautious when driving away from the water, and drive fast and have fun when you're driving towards the water. If you plan on driving out in the dunes make sure you air down. I usually run 12-15 psi

:iagree:

freeriders98
Apr 14th, 2013, 09:52 AM

And NEVER try to turn on a hill....Just back down!!!!! And depending on you heep set-up I would actually run about 8-10lbs of air in the tires.

What Jeep and what kind of lift, tires, etc?

06S2R8-Nick
Apr 14th, 2013, 07:00 PM
And NEVER try to turn on a hill....Just back down!!!!! And depending on you heep set-up I would actually run about 8-10lbs of air in the tires.

What Jeep and what kind of lift, tires, etc?

Cherokee, 4.5in long arm lift, 33x12.5's. I dont plan on acting like it's built for the dunes. I just want to explore and watch the other guys who have the right kind of trucks for the dunes have fun. I there for the good time, not to spend un-needed $ for repairs. Thanks for the advise fellas.

freeriders98
Apr 14th, 2013, 07:26 PM
You'll be fine. I'd run 10 psi. You'll have to play with it in 4lo and 4hi. The 4.0 motor is a great motor and should spin the wheels just fine. If its stock gearing you may need to be in 4lo, if you geared down for the 33's you may be able to run 4hi. Everything is about momentum. Only stop when you are facing down hill!!!!

That jeep will go anywhere you want out there!!!

PRTSMN
Aug 26th, 2013, 04:32 PM
I took my tahoe and had a blast. Great event definitely plan on going back next year.