PDA

View Full Version : Track days & insurance question

GsxR1000Ryda
Jun 18th, 2008, 08:55 AM
So if something were to happen and a bike ends up totaled @ a track day, would full coverage cover this kind of situation. I remember hearing something that you can say it was at a Advance riding course and Full coverage insurance will still cover it. The reason i ask is i want to take my 1000 (making payments) as well as my 600(paid off) and not have to stress over this.

kidmoua
Jun 18th, 2008, 08:57 AM
This has been discuss before..

As long as you dont tell them that it's a race or a time trial then it should be cover.. It' not a bad idea to get the GAP insurance

PRTSMN
Jun 18th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Drag the jalopy to the truck load it up get it home . Call the insurance tell them you fell of the road in the hill.Problem solved

up in smoke
Jun 18th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Dont take the 1000.

kidmoua
Jun 18th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Dont take the 1000.

and why not

A Ninja Boot
Jun 18th, 2008, 02:24 PM
and why not

He'll be sad if he drops it on his first track day.

up in smoke
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Drag the jalopy to the truck load it up get it home . Call the insurance tell them you fell of the road in the hill.Problem solved

if he gets carried out on a stretcher it will make your plan a little more complicated.

PRTSMN
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:46 PM
if he gets carried out on a stretcher it will make your plan a little more complicated.

nah load his ass up throw him off the hill called the medics hide the truck tada problem solved:D:D:eek:

A Ninja Boot
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Let's stop talking about him crashing, and wish him good fortune on the track.

PRTSMN
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Let's stop talking about him crashing, and wish him good fortune on the track.

your right i apologize:o. you'll do great no matter what bike. just dont make the same mistake i did on the hills....:D

Ralph
Jun 28th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Tell the truth, or you could lose more than the replacement of your bike. Track days are not races, but a place to hone your skills. The insurance companies know this. I know a few folks that have had a little get off at the track and there was never an issue.