PDA

View Full Version : Any one up for a CVR Pismo trip this fall?

up in smoke
Aug 18th, 2012, 04:40 PM
If any one shows any interest ill post a date.

So what do you guys think about paddles in the sand?
I have ridden both paddle and knob at pismo. the jump out of the sand from a stop is where a paddle is very useful. i just don't like the lack of grip when carving.

freeriders98
Aug 18th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I might be up for a fun trip!!

I'll rock a knobby!!

ModdedRaptor559
Aug 18th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Depends on the days and if i have gas money but i usually try to ride somewhere once a month so if i don't have anything planned before u pick a date there a good possibility ill come. I rock a paddle in the sand :D

If i still have my beast ill bring it and we can do some drag racing at the flats.

junior
Aug 18th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I'm listening.....could be pretty cool!

montibank
Aug 18th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I havent spooned on a paddle in years... Bought a crappy one last time and ruined the experience for me.

Might be game - post a date, if its an overnight trip I might even be willing to drag my trailer out there to crash in if a few folks wanna split gas.

I gotta say though quads dont do it for me except in one area. The dunes - night riding on a well set up quad is a helluva good time.

up in smoke
Aug 18th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I could dig out the toaster and bring it. It sleeps 3 . We would be pimpin .

montibank
Aug 18th, 2012, 07:20 PM
I could dig out the toaster and bring it. It sleeps 3 . We would be pimpin .

That'd work too... Post a date.

I gotta go to texas i think soon. As long as its not the same month I should be able to swing it.

up in smoke
Aug 18th, 2012, 07:37 PM
we should pick a date quasi democratically. so lets start with maybe October?

junior
Aug 18th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I have a 110/?/19 paddle for free i just need to dig it out.

up in smoke
Aug 18th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I have a 110/?/19 paddle for free i just need to dig it out.

its not the size that counts. it how many paddles. lol

junior
Aug 18th, 2012, 07:43 PM
I beleive it's 8 paddle then......Ill update when I double check.

i thought the tire size dictates how many paddles a tire has...110/90/19 has 8 for a bigger bike and the 100/90/19 has 6 for a smaller bike....that was my assumption in my previous post...

montibank
Aug 18th, 2012, 07:47 PM
we should pick a date quasi democratically. so lets start with maybe October?

The 20th is my birthday so I get some leaverage that month :b

I got one of them paddle tires with the ridges that run the same direction as the circumference of the tire.... It was horrable, couldn't slide the arse end around, it wanted to straight line everything. Made it a beast to turn.

freeriders98
Aug 18th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I am up for whenever. But October would be great, give me a chance to stash some cash.

Is Pismo less crazy in the fall? We were there a couple weeks ago (on a weekend) and it was nuts. Almost to the point where it was a little scary riding. Some of it was because I was just by my self so I had no one to sit on top as a spotter if I wanted to try to climb something. But still LOTS of people.

montibank
Aug 18th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I am up for whenever. But October would be great, give me a chance to stash some cash.

Is Pismo less crazy in the fall? We were there a couple weeks ago (on a weekend) and it was nuts. Almost to the point where it was a little scary riding. Some of it was because I was just by my self so I had no one to sit on top as a spotter if I wanted to try to climb something. But still LOTS of people.

Yep fall even winter is a lot better... Except thanks giving weekend. That is a madhouse if I remember right.

ModdedRaptor559
Aug 18th, 2012, 09:22 PM

anytime in summer is packed.

deathbug74
Aug 18th, 2012, 10:27 PM
couple years ago, we had the week AFTER thanksgiving off, and headed to pismo on sunday. traffic coming BACK was bumper to bumper, and we waited till tuesday to hit the dunes; it was beautiful, hardly anyone out there. :D

chromefonica
Aug 18th, 2012, 10:36 PM
couple years ago, we had the week AFTER thanksgiving off, and headed to pismo on sunday. traffic coming BACK was bumper to bumper, and we waited till tuesday to hit the dunes; it was beautiful, hardly anyone out there. :D

Yep, middle of the week is awesome out there! I am down for sure depending on my schedule. I am changing jobs next week so I will have to see how my scheduling works out.

ModdedRaptor559
Aug 18th, 2012, 11:21 PM
MIddle of the week is awesome im going tue-thurs of next week :D

up in smoke
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:18 PM
What do you guys think about the last weekend of October? Its close to a full moon and that could be fun for nite riding.

montibank
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:38 PM
What do you guys think about the last weekend of October? Its close to a full moon and that could be fun for nite riding.

I prolly wont night ride on a bike much - even on a bright night. Part of the reason its so fun on a quad is cause invariable some takes a low speed tumble and hilaririty ensues. Bikes may not be so funny - just frightening and dangerous.

up in smoke
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:46 PM
I prolly wont night ride on a bike much - even on a bright night. Part of the reason its so fun on a quad is cause invariable some takes a low speed tumble and hilaririty ensues. Bikes may not be so funny - just frightening and dangerous.

You've ridden swamp at night . Its not that hard.

chromefonica
Aug 19th, 2012, 10:13 PM

Probably not a good weekend for with Halloween. In my job, Halloween is usually a mandatory work week

freeriders98
Aug 20th, 2012, 05:48 AM
You thinkin like the 27-28th or trying to do some weekdays?

montibank
Aug 20th, 2012, 06:08 AM
You've ridden swamp at night . Its not that hard.

Hah... Ya cause that worked out beautifully.

What ever happened to the enduro race that they used to hold at pismo every october where you had to run knobbies? That always looked like a blast.

freeriders98
Aug 20th, 2012, 11:12 AM

What ever happened to the enduro race that they used to hold at pismo every october where you had to run knobbies? That always looked like a blast.

Although I suck on a bike and am by no means "fast" I have always wanted to do an enduro or hair scramble!!! Doing one at Pismo seems like it would be awesome. Was it all in the sand?

montibank
Aug 20th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Although I suck on a bike and am by no means "fast" I have always wanted to do an enduro or hair scramble!!! Doing one at Pismo seems like it would be awesome. Was it all in the sand?

Yep...all in soft pack sand. Stopped doing it two years ago I think. Bummer too... Really wanted to do that'un one day just to buy the tee shirt "been there done that" :)

up in smoke
Aug 20th, 2012, 06:46 PM
It was a stop on the WORCS . How about Montibanks b day weekend? 21/22

freeriders98
Aug 20th, 2012, 07:02 PM
How about Montibanks b day weekend? 21/22

As long as he pays for it all, kinda like hosting a bday party!!:D:D

chromefonica
Aug 20th, 2012, 08:39 PM

Yep, they still do it. A friend of a friend has been doing it every year. He was just talking about it a few weeks ago when we were over there.

It was a stop on the WORCS . How about Montibanks b day weekend? 21/22

If I have it off, I am good to go. Hopefully I will have my toyhauler by then too!

montibank
Aug 20th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Yep, they still do it. A friend of a friend has been doing it every year. He was just talking about it a few weeks ago when we were over there.

If I have it off, I am good to go. Hopefully I will have my toyhauler by then too!

Cool, they still run it eh?

And a toyhauler eh? Sooo you hosting ... It is my birthday and all.

Birthday humor:

NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At97qw6H7_s

up in smoke
Aug 20th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Cool, they still run it eh?

And a toyhauler eh? Sooo you hosting ... It is my birthday and all.

Birthday humor:

NSFW

Jim Gaffigan - Beyond the Pale - Birthdays/ Robe/ Gifts - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At97qw6H7_s)

That's funny

up in smoke
Sep 5th, 2012, 09:46 PM
So..........?

GsxR1000Ryda
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I'm down

up in smoke
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I'm down

What ya guna ride. A rm125 with a gsxr1000 motor stuffed in it. Jk

up in smoke
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:31 PM
OK. Mark the claender for the 21st and the 22nd of October!

GsxR1000Ryda
Sep 5th, 2012, 10:32 PM
What ya guna ride. A rm125 with a gsxr1000 motor stuffed in it. Jk

yes :confused:

chromefonica
Sep 6th, 2012, 07:00 AM
OK. Mark the claender for the 21st and the 22nd of October!

Working. Thursday and Friday are my days off

freeriders98
Sep 6th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Will maybe you'll have your insurance money by then and rocking a new dirt scooter!!!!

Will you be healed up by then? Whats your recovery time frame?

montibank
Sep 6th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Working. Thursday and Friday are my days off

Hoping to have the 530 repaired by then.

freeriders98
Sep 6th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Hoping to have the 530 repaired by then.

What all did you end up doing to it? Just the clutch cover or more?

montibank
Sep 6th, 2012, 11:11 AM
What all did you end up doing to it? Just the clutch cover or more?

More.

Might be cheaper to buy a complete clutch replacement, inner outer hubs, cover, plates and all in the long run.

freeriders98
Sep 6th, 2012, 11:22 AM
OUCH!!!!!!! Not cool

up in smoke
Sep 18th, 2012, 06:45 PM
so how many of you are serious about this trip? and all the road riders what do you guys think about camping on the beach with us dirty bikes? bbq beer camp fire?

freeriders98
Sep 18th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I realy REALLY want to say that I will be able to go...but I highly doubt it. We are moving this week and have a ton a medical bills we are trying to catch up on....Pretty much sucks. So count me out, and if all the stars align perfect and I can pull it off it will be a last minute thing.

CRASH972
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Maybe, will try to get the 500 & 450 going again.

up in smoke
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Maybe, will try to get the 500 & 450 going again.

just do it

CRASH972
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Hard dividing $ with to many projects going on at once.

up in smoke
Sep 18th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Hard dividing $ with to many projects going on at once.

were not getting any younger. some projects can wait till are body's are ready to except them.

montibank
Sep 18th, 2012, 10:13 PM
were not getting any younger. some projects can wait till are body's are ready to except them.

@ not getting younger comment. Yep - I wont be able to do this when I retire, now is the time.

Trying... We shall see.

chromefonica
Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:26 PM
so how many of you are serious about this trip? and all the road riders what do you guys think about camping on the beach with us dirty bikes? bbq beer camp fire?

If I hadn't got this new job, I would be down for sure. Unless you want to go Thursday and Friday, I am out.

junior
Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:33 PM
if i can get this bike running correctly im up for it but its a big maybe for me...:(

montibank
Sep 23rd, 2012, 09:15 AM
Parts are on their way... Keeping my fingers crossed nothing else is broke internally. Will know more by friday.

chromefonica
Sep 24th, 2012, 12:06 AM
if i can get this bike running correctly im up for it but its a big maybe for me...:(

What's wrong with the YZ Junior?

junior
Sep 24th, 2012, 01:43 AM
What's wrong with the YZ Junior?

Keeps blowing the o rings in the head and floods coolant into the cylinder.

up in smoke
Sep 24th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Keeps blowing the o rings in the head and floods coolant into the cylinder.

Warped head

junior
Sep 24th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Warped head

That was my guess... Cylinder and head on it way to millennium technologies as I type.

montibank
Sep 24th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Not something that could have been resurfaced out?

junior
Sep 24th, 2012, 07:43 AM

Everything else on the bike is brand new so I just decided to get the cylinder done as well. Hopefully she runs great again.

up in smoke
Sep 24th, 2012, 08:02 AM
resurfacing can mess with your compression and squash band if a guy doesn't have good 2stk knowledge. after I 144 my yz I had nothing but problems. after 3 replates I bought a 250.

GsxR1000Ryda
Sep 24th, 2012, 09:56 AM
If I get my new truck ill come up and party. Maybe even putt around too.

Quino
Sep 24th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Damn! If only I hadnt sold my bike. Been wanting to do a ride to Pismo. Splash Cafe has been calling my name lately. Nom nom nom.

ModdedRaptor559
Sep 26th, 2012, 10:44 AM
If im free then and got the money for gas i will go.