PDA

View Full Version : Whiskey/Shuteye ride

McKay
Jun 4th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Quick report to thank my buds from Lemoore for including me another ass kicking ride, Shlepy and KC. Went with two others I havnt rode with before and there was some serious talent there. Im learning all about riding on two wheels the hard-and-fast-way, "follow me" is what they tell me. Um, really? UP that? DOWN that? "DAM!"

I always seem to think Im in way over my head with these guys and as always I have the time of my life. My comfort level is rapidly improving. Nothing like rapid-gut-busting education, right? :confused2:

Anyhows, we got lost, ALOT. Thats what happens when you make your own trails as I understand it now, LOL. No time for pictures on this ride, dam glad I left the GoPro in the truck, it would have been ripped from my head in the first 2 miles :D
We did about 45 miles and never did find the peak or falls.

Im more sore and tired today than I think Ive ever been. I cant figure it out, I took 4 or five dirt naps! (who counts after three?)

Thanks for the great times guys, and for pushing me and being patient when I scream like a little girl, its working!

Ohh, I did manage to get one very pretty picture, left thigh, bar slap right before a dirt nap. Its a work in progress, kind of like the leaves in Fall, watching all these pretty colors emerge as the day goes on. :D

SHLEPY
Jun 4th, 2012, 11:22 AM
HAHAHA im a bit sore my self had cramps like a 16 year old girl all night.It was a good day.:evilgrin0013:

SHLEPY
Jun 4th, 2012, 11:37 AM
The first ride together we make you late for a date with moma the second ride we send you home beat up,she is not gona let you play with us any more.:D

kc53
Jun 4th, 2012, 12:41 PM
LOL.....that was the best ride so far...pushing your limets is the best way to learn and improve! I know personaly I didnt think I was going to make it up that huge rock face and thought it was way out of my league but theres only one way to find out!

Also by the sound of things we maybe seting up another ride for the 17th!

ModdedRaptor559
Jun 4th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Sounds like I missed some good riding, Maybe I can get some free time and join u guys sometime.:(

SHLEPY
Jun 4th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Any time:D

McKay
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:31 PM
:evilgrin0013: Ill bring a proper GPS next time.

Im looking at a route from where we parked at Bass lake, thru Shuteye and on to Mammoth Pool for lunch and gas. I called the store there and they do have lunch and fuel. She wasent sure about trails nearby but im liking what Im seeing on Mapsource so far. You two smokers will have to bring oil if we can pull this off. It will mostly be forest service roads so easy stuff.

Raptor, we are quickly forming a pretty good group, plenty of room for more.

McKay
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:31 PM
HAHAHA im a bit sore my self had cramps like a 16 year old girl all night.It was a good day.:evilgrin0013:

Midol

SHLEPY
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Lol more like geritol...If you can figure it out on the map ill give it a go.