PDA

View Full Version : Miami Trails cleanup this weekend

McKay
May 10th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Posted from SOTSNF.org site. Wish I had recieved more notice than this, Id be there but Ive got plans already.

Miami Trails Spring Check Up

Date:
05/12/2012
Time:
9:00 a.m. to ?

Miami Trails Recreation Area

Miami Trails Spring Check up Day

Miami Trails Recreation Area

Kamook Staging Area

Sunday May 12, 2012

Please come join the 2011 Sierra National Forest/ Region 5 California/ USDA/USFS Volunteer Trail Group of the Year for the entire USA the Stewards of the Sierra National Forest and the Bass Lake Ranger District for a fun day of riding and a spring check up of the trail system at the Miami Creek Riding Area located off of Hiway 41 just above Oakhurst Ca.

We will meet at the Kamook Staging area at 9:00 a.m. and will split into groups from there. Our mission for the day is to have some fun riding around the area and at the same time do some spring clean up and check the trail system for any needed maintenance issues.

The Stewards will supply sodas and bottled water and all of the needed supplies to accomplish this great task. So bring your wife and kids and your favorite lunch and your OHV, (Jeep, Quad, UTV, Motorcycle, Truck, Bicycle, etc) as we will need all of these and come out and have some fun and make a difference in your Sierra National Forest.

Lets show the Forest Service how much we care about our Sierra National Forest and how working together we can keep it open for everybody to enjoy. Please R.V.S.P. to info@sotsnf.org A.S.A.P. so we will know how much equipment and refreshments to bring. Thanks in advance for coming out and making a difference to help keep your PUBLIC LANDS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC NOT FROM THE PUBLIC. Looking forward to seeing all of you on Saturday Morning.

Mike

SHLEPY
May 10th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I may just do this :D

McKay
May 10th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Take pictures, Ill be at Angles Camp. Dont let KC follow you, youll never know when he goes over the side!

chromefonica
May 10th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Its kinda interesting that this came up. 2 weeks ago I stopped by the forestry headquarters off of Tollhouse and Fowler to pick up some trail maps and get info on the status of some OHV areas. I was speaking with one of the young ladies at the desk. She asked where I rode mostly and I told her that I usually go up to Miami Trails. I told her that the trails were getting really rutted up and there were a lot of trees that had fallen, blocking the trails completely in some areas. She was a little suprised about that information. She said she was going to contact her supervisor and try to get it groomed a little. Needless to say, I am stoked that it is going to get a little TLC. Its unfortunate that they are doing it Mother's day. I would love to go and partake.

freeriders98
May 10th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I'll be working:mad::mad:

SHLEPY
May 11th, 2012, 12:35 PM
This is on sat not sun i emailed him.