PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Tuning in Fresno?

Whiplash
Jun 18th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Anyone know a shop that will Dyno tune japanese cruisers here in Fresno?

cycletease
Jun 18th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Anyone know a shop that will Dyno tune japanese cruisers here in Fresno?

Not sure if anyone will tune a street bike now, in light of new EPA regulations. Cycle Tune used to be the spot for that, but I think they have ceased in light of the fines.

Long Article On Shop Fines For Tuning (http://www.aimag.com/epa/Jan06-pt1.htm)

Calkidd
Jun 18th, 2007, 02:01 PM
You can still have your bike tuned at Cycle Tune. However, you have to trailer your bike there and from, removed the mirrors and license plate.

cycletease
Jun 18th, 2007, 02:21 PM
You can still have your bike tuned at Cycle Tune. However, you have to trailer your bike there and from, removed the mirrors and license plate.

The reason you have to do this is that Cycle Tune will not assume the risk of tuning a street bike. They will, however, work on a track-only bike. You have to assume the risk of this and trailer it in and remove the mirrors as if it were a track-only vehicle.

Whiplash
Jun 18th, 2007, 02:30 PM
I understand why they would have you do all that... but that's way too much of a pain in the rear. Hmmm.... I'm riding to Austin in October... may have to schedule a Dyno while I'm there. ;)

Outcast
Jun 18th, 2007, 07:07 PM
You might try Insanebike , I dont know much about them but here's a link.http://www.ibmotorsports.com/insane/home.htm
Anyone had any work done there?

KRAYZ1
Jul 4th, 2007, 05:17 PM
theres a place here in Visalia that dyno's bikes its Dynges Dyno 559-977-2258
from what I hear he is real good .. had few friends go to him and they are happy with the work and the cost

Scarman
Jul 6th, 2007, 08:19 PM
I had Cycletune do my Warrior about three years ago. Expensive but they did a great job. The bike was scary fast after all my engine mods and their tuning. Even they were surprised at performance numbers when they finished tuning my bike.

I also considered taking the bike up to the Bay Area to G-Force or Hare Racing. Both those places have a good rep and would have cost less money than Cycletune charged.

Mojo
Jul 6th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I'd probably go to Seaside and have it done by Dan Kyle. He's one of the best.

Jester
Jul 7th, 2007, 07:26 AM
I'd probably go to Seaside and have it done by Dan Kyle. He's one of the best. :cool: And their suspension work is Top Notch!

J

jessjam43
Jul 12th, 2007, 11:09 AM
I'VE BEEN IN THE MOTORCYCLE INDUSTRY FOR THE LAST 13 YEARS, WHAT I HAVE NOTICE IS NOW THAT CALIFORNIA HAS CRACK DOWN ON REMOVEL OF EPA EQUIPMENT ( EXHAUST, CHARCOAL CANISTER, AIRBOXS, SENSORS, ETC ) $10,000 FINE TO DEALERS. THAT DEALERS ARE ONLY MODIFIED MOTORCYCLES THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO USED FOR RACING (CLOSED COURSE EVENTS). THE MOTORCYCLE SHOPS I'VE SEEN MODIFIED BIKES ALL REQUIRE REMOVAL OF LIC-PLATES, LIGHTS, & MIRRORS TO KEEP THEM FROM GETTING FINED.

SO THIERS A BIGGER PRICE TO MAKE NOISE AND HAVE MORE HORSEPOWER!!!:)

Mojo
Jul 15th, 2007, 12:41 PM
That's absolutely correct. Any such modifications done on bike is done strictly on off-highway applications. If the bike comes in on a truck/trailer, with no plates, then I will do the work on that particular race-only vehicle.

Roadliner
Jul 15th, 2007, 02:02 PM
THE MOTORCYCLE SHOPS I'VE SEEN MODIFIED BIKES ALL REQUIRE REMOVAL OF LIC-PLATES, LIGHTS, & MIRRORS TO KEEP THEM FROM GETTING FINED.

Just me, but some off-highway bikes I've owned in the past had headlights and mirrors, and I would NOT taking them off to 'prove' its a non-street bike.. If the bike has no license, its not a street bike...

I went around and around with this once in the early 90's regarding a 3/4 ton truck.. it was a '77.. the '77 from the factory did not have a cat (they started with the '78 on the 3/4 ton) and it ran on propane. I had one smog shop demand that I put a cat on it, and that I had to smog on gas since there was still an (empty) fuel tank under the bed. I took it to the smog referee and he passed it first time and assured me that, #1) it ONLY has to have FACTORY smog equipment for the vehicle (be it a truck/car/motorcycle/lawnmower), and #2) the shops were required to smog it on what it drove in on.. even if I could have thrown a switch and gone from propane to gas (it has a propane only carburation system on it, no gasoline bowls or feeds to the carb) they could not require a person to change fuels and test it on the fuel the shop 'thought' it wouldnt pass on...

I'm sure with the enviro-lobby so much in control, they have changed a lot, but that was back then..
Same with a motorcycle, if it has no street plates, it is assumed for the shops point of view that it is not a street vehicle, besides if they make you pull the mirrors, that means nothing from their point of view, you can just take it home and screw them back on...

Dont get me started on the smog garbage in this state :mad: I have dealt with it on many hot rods in the past. If they REALLY cared about 'cleaning up smog' they would do the tailpipe probe on emissions and NOT check every vacuum line to make sure the line is the right color..
I tried to put my '90 1-ton GMC on propane (one of their claimed 'clean air fuels') and was told it would not pass smog.. They did not have a 'carb deviance number' to allow the underhood inspection to pass with the propane system on the engine.. I asked the smog referee, "is it not a clean burn then on the 454?".. the response was "No, its a great clean burn, much cleaner than gas, all the smog readings would be lower than needed to pass, but VISUAL would fail"... To me, that PROVES its not about clean air, but about fees and control of what people can and cannot do... if it was about clean air they would have begged me to spend my money on a conversion that would lower all the emissions across the board..

I'll get off my soapbox now :o

Mojo
Jul 15th, 2007, 02:08 PM
That about sums it up.

KRAYZ1
Aug 13th, 2007, 11:02 PM
just put my Z1000 on the dyno here in Visalia Kelly at DYNGES DYNO is a real nice guy I enjoyed talking with him and he has a real nice shop. I will let you know how the bike runs after my ride up 245 for lunch tomorrow. heres a like to his web site. http://www.dyngesdyno.com/index.html He was talking about doing a bike night / Dyno shoot out ? if it sounds like something you would want to do , let me know and I'll try and set it up. He did the remap for 150

rushWPMC
Feb 25th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Not sure if anyone will tune a street bike now, in light of new EPA regulations. Cycle Tune used to be the spot for that, but I think they have ceased in light of the fines.

Long Article On Shop Fines For Tuning (http://www.aimag.com/epa/Jan06-pt1.htm)

Is this stil an issue?

rushWPMC
Feb 25th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Still....SP

pchbreeze
Mar 17th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I'VE BEEN IN THE MOTORCYCLE INDUSTRY FOR THE LAST 13 YEARS, WHAT I HAVE NOTICE IS NOW THAT CALIFORNIA HAS CRACK DOWN ON REMOVEL OF EPA EQUIPMENT ( EXHAUST, CHARCOAL CANISTER, AIRBOXS, SENSORS, ETC ) $10,000 FINE TO DEALERS. THAT DEALERS ARE ONLY MODIFIED MOTORCYCLES THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO USED FOR RACING (CLOSED COURSE EVENTS). THE MOTORCYCLE SHOPS I'VE SEEN MODIFIED BIKES ALL REQUIRE REMOVAL OF LIC-PLATES, LIGHTS, & MIRRORS TO KEEP THEM FROM GETTING FINED.

SO THIERS A BIGGER PRICE TO MAKE NOISE AND HAVE MORE HORSEPOWER!!!:)

Another example helping me realize how "conservative" Fresno is. :D

I highly recommend Mach 1 in Costa Mesa but that's just me...they're reputed to be the best in all of California. its probably the only shop that hasn't had 'trust' issues with bikers and the tuner there takes his time and does a good jbo.

DynoDynge
Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:24 PM
You can bring me whatever bike you like.
The current law forbids me from modifying the bike in anyway that changes the EPA mandated emissions.
Take a look at the CARB approved PC3 and it becomes evident what settings you can adjust.
Being plug & play, it can be easily removed, if needed :ts0lr2:

Sticka
Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:18 PM
You can bring me whatever bike you like.
The current law forbids me from modifying the bike in anyway that changes the EPA mandated emissions.
Take a look at the CARB approved PC3 and it becomes evident what settings you can adjust.
Being plug & play, it can be easily removed, if needed :ts0lr2:

Does that include track only bikes?

DynoDynge
Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:49 PM
Does that include track only bikes?

I guess.....If you really want me to:weirdface:!

Sticka
Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:23 PM
I read somewhere that the EPA rules do not apply to track only vehicles...
Does that mean you can work on them?

DynoDynge
Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:54 PM
I read somewhere that the EPA rules do not apply to track only vehicles...
Does that mean you can work on them?

EPA has no rules against modifying vehicles that are not registered for use on public highways........
So yes, I can work on any bike you bring me.

HBOMBCYCLES
Apr 5th, 2009, 05:34 PM
I too am looking for a place to have a few bikes dynoed. 07 gixxer 07 r6 and 07 cbr.. thinking about taking them up to mach 1 in o.c. heard there the best... Anybody have any imput..there a little pricey 350 for custom map.. trying to find a shop a little cheaper

DynoDynge
Apr 5th, 2009, 09:09 PM
I too am looking for a place to have a few bikes dynoed. 07 gixxer 07 r6 and 07 cbr..

I can give you a good deal, but it will be a couple of weeks till I heal up........Unless you can help me do the tuning?

HBOMBCYCLES
Apr 6th, 2009, 08:11 AM
ill try to procrast. heheh im actually certifiend in dyno jet to run a dyno heheh bt wouldnt know where to start these days since its been awhile since MMI.. lol yeah have u heard anything on the 07 gixxer 600 i heard to custom map it rite u have to ground the power comander to the ground tps wire... any thoughts on this.

DynoDynge
Apr 6th, 2009, 09:31 AM
have u heard anything on the 07 gixxer 600 i heard to custom map it rite u have to ground the power comander to the ground tps wire... any thoughts on this.

The only issue with the custom mapping is that the tps does not fluctuate on a steady state position. A faulty ground can be an issue, but as a general rule...no, as the ground from the battery is a system ground & should include all applications.

HBOMBCYCLES
Apr 6th, 2009, 10:39 AM
sounds good.... let me know when ur all better ill bring u some work.... im waiting on a few things anyways for one bike so i can be patient lol.. whats ur thoughts on re gearing before dyno tune or does it matter. the bike is going to be re geared but for tuning it shouldnt matter right only horsepower and torq readings it would affect or will it affect the tuning.

DynoDynge
Apr 6th, 2009, 10:48 AM
the bike is going to be re geared but for tuning it shouldnt matter right only horsepower and torq readings it would affect or will it affect the tuning.

As the dyno reads rear wheel torque/hp, yes, gearing affects the readings. The tuning side (A/F ratio) will only be minimally affected by gearing changes. It is always my choice to do a before/after profile to ensure you're getting what you want or just (pardon the pun) spinning your wheels.

HBOMBCYCLES
Apr 6th, 2009, 05:55 PM
ok well im ready when u are.

DynoDynge
Apr 7th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Give me a call on Wednesday & We'll work something out

DynoDynge
Apr 13th, 2009, 05:48 PM
ok well im ready when u are.

Pleasure doing business with you & thanks for being patient with my one-leg hop-a-long show.
Let me know if I can do anything else for you.

KRAYZ1
Apr 13th, 2009, 09:33 PM
:popcorn: can I come over and help out :popcorn:

BlooDSMeaR
Apr 13th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I'll bring the beer :D

DynoDynge
Apr 13th, 2009, 09:59 PM
:popcorn: can I come over and help out :popcorn:

Always welcome here:vulcan:

DynoDynge
May 20th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Just a note to say the dyno tuning discount is still going.
Contact me for an appointment.

habu
Jun 27th, 2009, 04:05 PM
We were doing dyno tuning until carb knocked on the door. Got my name and address off DynoJets web site. Sent them packing. It is in a trailer with Washington lic. along with the truck. At the rate things are going, Im looking to move out of state. I retire Nov. 12th 2012.

Good luck to all with dyno's.

DynoDynge
Jun 29th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Sorry to hear that. I provided them with my invoices and haven't heard a thing since. :confused2: