PDA

View Full Version : Where to ride in the valley

revo9201
Feb 25th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Im looking for a place to ride my quad in the valley thats bout 1 hour away from sanger... Im more interested in places that are not official riding areas like miami trails or a track. But i want to ride somewhere like Running horse were its busy every weekend. since running horse is closed i want to find a new place to ride and i dont know what to do:confused:

Hanford?? Madera? Fresno? Shaver? etc.

GsxR1000Ryda
Feb 25th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I haven't been to running horse in over a month, are they out in full force now?

JonJon
Feb 25th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Im looking for a place to ride my quad in the valley thats bout 1 hour away from sanger... Im more interested in places that are not official riding areas like miami trails or a track. But i want to ride somewhere like Running horse were its busy every weekend. since running horse is closed i want to find a new place to ride and i dont know what to do:confused:

Hanford?? Madera? Fresno? Shaver? etc.

I'm kinda fortunate in that I have a plated dirtbike, but I really enjoy heading up to Shaver and just hitting every fire road I can see.

up in smoke
Feb 25th, 2012, 08:53 PM
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia/projects/ohv_route_designation_strategy/humelake_mvog_0910.pdf you can pick up this map for free at the forest service station on the way up 180. btw its made out of pvc.

revo9201
Feb 25th, 2012, 09:20 PM
I haven't been to running horse in over a month, are they out in full force now?

i swang thru running horse and there was already a cop talking to someone so i just took off... and you had said something before about a cop telling you things so i guess it is full force now.

revo9201
Mar 4th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Headed over to some place in Parlier.. it looks pretty boring on google maps but im gunna head out there anyway today around 2pm.:D

montibank
Mar 4th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Good luck. The river in hanford used to be fun. Haven been there in six years or more, the sheriffs had to start chasing people out - used to be fun riding the dry riverbed.

Handyman
Mar 4th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Good luck. The river in hanford used to be fun. Haven been there in six years or more, the sheriffs had to start chasing people out - used to be fun riding the dry riverbed.

yeah they started doing that when a guy was almost decapitated by barbed wire fence.. The story I heard was that he took off without his buddies and was gone for about an hour or so before they realized they hadn't heard his quad in awhile and went looking for him...After about 30 minutes of searching they found his quad but not him... the quad had gone thru some grass and they were able to follow the tracks and found him... they say his head was still attached but not by much and that he had bled out very quickly and hopefully did not suffer...

revo9201
Mar 5th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Parlier was great! alot of people where out there and for being 15min away i think i found my new Running Horse!!:)

GsxR1000Ryda
Mar 5th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Parlier was great! alot of people where out there and for being 15min away i think i found my new Running Horse!!:)

directions?

revo9201
Mar 5th, 2012, 08:39 AM
directions?

Its on Parlier and avila idk how to put up a pic on this forum... just google maps parlier ca. the town is so small you cant miss the riding spot. its not as good as RH but i like the high speed twists and turns! some jumps here and there. worth the drive... for me.

revo9201
Mar 24th, 2012, 01:39 PM
is anyone going to parlier this sunday cause im going with some friends

chromefonica
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:35 AM
is anyone going to parlier this sunday cause im going with some friends

I might meet you out there one of these days soon. I just haven't had any time to ride. Kinda sucks.

revo9201
Apr 13th, 2012, 07:02 PM
I might meet you out there one of these days soon. I just haven't had any time to ride. Kinda sucks.

im going this sunday r u going to be there

freeriders98
Apr 13th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Is this private property or what? I'll have to go check it out!

GsxR1000Ryda
Apr 13th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I'm down for some riding sunday!

chromefonica
Apr 14th, 2012, 06:50 AM
I don't get off work until Sunday morning. What time are you going out there?

revo9201
Apr 14th, 2012, 07:40 AM
From what i heard the cold storage people own the property and i must have went 4 times so far each time for like a good 3-4 hours and even though there are houses around there no one seems to care about the noise. its not as good as RH but still pretty damn fun when no one bothers you and its 15 min away from my house... im going this sunday around 3 or so.

chromefonica
Apr 14th, 2012, 07:43 AM
From what i heard the cold storage people own the property and i must have went 4 times so far each time for like a good 3-4 hours and even though there are houses around there no one seems to care about the noise. its not as good as RH but still pretty damn fun when no one bothers you and its 15 min away from my house... im going this sunday around 3 or so.

I might be able to meet you. PM me your number and I will hit you up when I get home and nap a little.