PDA

View Full Version : Hows Miami?

McKay
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Looking to take my kids up tomorrow for some fun. ANybody been there latley?

JonJon
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Looking to take my kids up tomorrow for some fun. ANybody been there latley?

Haven't been up recently, but I imagine there shouldn't be too much snow coverage. If you've never been there, keep an eye out for rain ruts. That place can be treacherous and swallow bikes whole.

Have fun! :word:

montibank
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Saw pics of it three weeks ago looked perty rutty. How capable are the kiddos?

But then again - it cant all be that way.

chromefonica
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:19 PM
i was up there in November. It was rutted bad in a lot of places

McKay
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Will be on quads and mostly on the fire roads teaching my 12 year old.
Ive been out of town and didnt know if we had much rain or not.
Ill report back if we go.

chromefonica
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Will be on quads and mostly on the fire roads teaching my 12 year old.
Ive been out of town and didnt know if we had much rain or not.
Ill report back if we go.

Cool. Just don't go while it's raining. Those fire roads get really slick when they are wet

McKay
Feb 18th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Looks like its on. Will be me and my 19 year old daughter. Ill be in a bronze GMC PU with snowmobile trailer if anybodies around. I will be on a TRX450r and she will be riding her TRX250R, both Hondas.

Still waiting for the dam MSO for my new Husky, cant plate until it shows up, dang mail man!

Mr J Himself
Feb 21st, 2012, 01:12 AM
Miami should be fine...typical ruts in some of the gnarly sections....maybe snow in the higher elevation, but im sure itll be awesome....

anyone have any plans this summer(later in the summer) to ride at Whiskey falls?

chromefonica
Feb 21st, 2012, 08:38 AM
Miami should be fine...typical ruts in some of the gnarly sections....maybe snow in the higher elevation, but im sure itll be awesome....

anyone have any plans this summer(later in the summer) to ride at Whiskey falls?

My buddy rides up there a lot. I still haven't been yet. I will make it up there this summer sometime.

McKay
Feb 21st, 2012, 12:42 PM
Took the quads and my oldest daughter, had a blast.

Its muddy as hell in the lower sections and snowed in pretty good up by lonespur. I took my 2WD truck with trailor into Kamook, thats the last time Ill get in this season, pretty icy in the morning and the mud is like slime.

Had the whole place to ourselves except for a couple guys from Manteca.
I heard everybody was at the desert.

All in all a good weekend.