PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Hill 7/20/08 Zoom Zoom - Who is in?

Pages : [1] 2

aaw749r
Jun 8th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I've heard much talk in the camp about this day and decided to start a thread on it.

Who is going and in what group are you riding.

I just signed up and there are spots open in all 3 groups.

calkidd / Bryan - ?
yoageallen / Adrian - ?
bonkers / Rob - ?
poach / Chris - A & B
kidmoua / Houa - B
karrdick / Dan - B
aaw749r / Ray - B
The Houa Krewa (6) - 5B & 1C aka Team Spider Monkey

If I knew how to start a poll on this I would have. Any help from a mod???:confused2:

PRTSMN
Jun 8th, 2008, 09:00 PM
i am for sure going to watch for know..

Calkidd
Jun 8th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Adrian and I are already signed up and hotel reserved.

aaw749r
Jun 9th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Adrian and I are already signed up and hotel reserved.

What hotels would you recommend? First time at this track.

poach
Jun 9th, 2008, 08:02 AM
I'm in for the 20th. Both A & B group..

Calkidd
Jun 9th, 2008, 08:11 AM
What hotels would you recommend? First time at this track.
I have a thread started with some links...Let me see if I can find them....

Yep, found it.....Hotels (http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6241&postcount=15)

Adrian, Rob (Bonkers) and I are staying at the Days Inn. This is where we stay last time and it suited us fine.

kidmoua
Jun 9th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Me, Dan and 6 of my other guys are in. 6 in B and 1 in C

Bryan, What time are you guys leaving on Friday for this Saturdays TD.

Wile_E_Coyote
Jun 9th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Dang it, I gotz to get to dis one.

kidmoua
Jun 9th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Dang it, I gotz to get to dis one.

hurry up dude..still spots left ..sign up in B group so you can ride with us cool guys

aaw749r
Jun 9th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I'm in for the 20th. Both A & B group..

Track Hog

poach
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:46 AM
^nobody ever said addiction was pretty.;)

Wile_E_Coyote
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Should be a good time. You all have fun and ride smart.

kidmoua
Jun 10th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Should be a good time. You all have fun and ride smart.

so that means you're not going to join us:(

PRTSMN
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:51 PM
So how long is the track season.

Calkidd
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:53 PM
As long as you want it to last. Usually, I stop when it starts getting cold and raining then start back up around March.

Calkidd
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:54 PM
hurry up dude..still spots left ..sign up in B group so you can ride with us cool guysWhere did you see there are spots left?:weirdface: Last time I checked everything was full. Remember, you, Karrdick and Bonkers had to join a waiting list.

PRTSMN
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Where did you see there are spots left?:weirdface: Last time I checked everything was full. Remember, you, Karrdick and Bonkers had to join a waiting list.

Man, Bryan how do you do it? I feel so big on the bike i almost feel like in a sardine can. especially when leaning over.

aaw749r
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:50 PM
6/10/08 - - - I just checked the ZoomZoom site and there are still spots open for all 3 groups for July 19th and 20th.

aaw749r
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Where did you see there are spots left?:weirdface: Last time I checked everything was full. Remember, you, Karrdick and Bonkers had to join a waiting list.

Wasn't that for this weekend 6/14/08 ? :confused2:

kidmoua
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:24 PM

um...we're talking about 7/20 and not 6/14
:rolleyes:

kidmoua
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:25 PM

as long as the warden and your wallet will let you :evilgrin0013:

Calkidd
Jun 10th, 2008, 08:39 PM
um...we're talking about 7/20 and not 6/14
:rolleyes:
Do'oh.....:doh:

In that case I recant my interjection.....Adrian and I are heading to T-Hill on the 19th, because that is a Saturday and Adrian has to work on Monday.

PRTSMN
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:54 AM
as long as the warden and your wallet will let you :evilgrin0013:

well my birthday is the 7th of july and sshe mentioned maybe i could get a suit/boots

kidmoua
Jun 11th, 2008, 07:16 AM
well my birthday is the 7th of july and sshe mentioned maybe i could get a suit/boots

better start looking then

poach
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Adrian has to work on Monday.

Me too...but I'm going for it anyway.:D

poach
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:40 AM
well my birthday is the 7th of july

I've never met anyone who has the same bday as me...until now.

I'll spill a little scotch on the sand for ya!

http://www.pajarodunes.com/rentals/R001.php?UNIT=H099&TYPE=

Wile_E_Coyote
Jun 11th, 2008, 09:28 AM
so that means you're not going to join us :(

My application was denied...

Bonkers
Jun 11th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Do'oh.....:doh:

In that case I recant my interjection.....Adrian and I are heading to T-Hill on the 19th, because that is a Saturday and Adrian has to work on Monday.

B group right ? i wanta sign up but wanta make sure i do right group ..

OO and are we going to do Infeneon on sep 29 ?

kidmoua
Jun 11th, 2008, 10:26 AM

OO and are we going to do Infeneon on sep 29 ?

most of us are in B..Dunno about Bryan though..he might be in A:eek:

PRTSMN
Jun 11th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I've never met anyone who has the same bday as me...until now.

I'll spill a little scotch on the sand for ya!

http://www.pajarodunes.com/rentals/R001.php?UNIT=H099&TYPE=

Well mine is a little strange 7/7/77

poach
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:07 AM
:eek::hail:

Actually, I don't have a superstitious bone in my body. but according to those who are...your life must be GOLDEN!:D

Calkidd
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:56 AM

OO and are we going to do Infeneon on sep 29 ?Yes B, but Adrain and I are going on the 19th and Infenion was going to be 10/27...

Wile_E_Coyote
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Yes B and Infenion was going to be 10/27...

Was?

Calkidd
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Was?still is

Bonkers
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Yes B, but Adrain and I are going on the 19th and Infenion was going to be 10/27...

Ok cool i will look into it then

ti2ttmatt
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Have fun up there everyone! Wish I could go but summer is awful busy workwise up here. T-Hill is a blast and Zoom Zoom are a fantastic Org. The key to going fast around T-Hill is to attack the back section. Turns 6-9 are like one HUGE left hander that eventually go up a hill. WIDE open through almost all of it.

poach
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Org. The key to going fast around T-Hill is to attack the back section. Turns 6-9 are like one HUGE left hander that eventually go up a hill. WIDE open through almost all of it.

Agreed!

My problem was being a total ***** and rolling off too early going into 9.:pound:

Oh, and getting eaten alive on the brakes 2 corners later...

ti2ttmatt
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I hear ya... Don't get me wrong, I am not exactly flying around there either. I can get around at about a 2:00, maybe into the 59's with some Wheaties for breakfast and a good nite's sleep. All the fast guys talk about the back though and how important it is. Not rolling off at all back there is tough though!

kidmoua
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:09 PM
true...

those left turns in the back are crazy fast

Calkidd
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Agreed!

My problem was being a total ***** and rolling off too early going into 9.:pound:

Oh, and getting eaten alive on the brakes 2 corners later...
I have only been there one time, but I remember that back side and knowing I can and should go faster through that trun, but damn that right wrist just thought otherwise.

poach
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I have only been there one time, but I remember that back side and knowing I can and should go faster through that trun, but damn that right wrist just thought otherwise.

Yep, I've only been once too. And like you, my brain KNEW I could go faster through there, but my wrist said FU!:pound:

And Matt...2:00 is'nt exactly slouching around.;)

Calkidd
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Yep, I've only been once too. And like you, my brain KNEW I could go faster through there, but my wrist said FU!:pound:

And Matt...2:00 is'nt exactly slouching around.;)When I was there my best was 2:12 on my 929....

poach
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I hit the lap timer on the last sesh of the day and squeeked out a low 2:05. My goal for the 20th will be a 2:02. Unless I decide to grow a pair on that back portion...then 2:00.:D

kidmoua
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:52 PM
speaking of times..I might just rent a timer for that day and see where I stack up

poach
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:54 PM
A lap timer's a pretty valuable tool if your goal is to go faster...

Calkidd
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:02 PM
speaking of times..I might just rent a timer for that day and see where I stack upI picked one up on the WERA forum for 150 with transponder and download module.

kidmoua
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I picked one up on the WERA forum for 150 with transponder and download module.

I think I'll just rent one

ti2ttmatt
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I hadn't been there in a LONG time and just went recently. Hmmm... let me think about some other things that may be helpful.
-Turn 1 is FASTER than most give it credit for. I use the start/finish line as a go from full throttle to roll off to brake marker. Set up for 1 wide and get ON THE GAS between 1 and 2. There is a good bit of straight there so don't just coast it.
-Turn 2 is sorta grooved pavement giving the bike that walking feel but hold it pretty tight and let it drift pretty far out on exit.
-Turn 3 has all sorts of theories so I'll let everyone figure that one out. Off camber and feels like you are going to wind up in the marbles and eventually off the track almost every time.
-The Cyclone is more of a left/right flick than an actual turn. Try and make your approach up it as straight of a line as possible, flick quick left and then a flick quick right. Coming down the back is fairly steep and a little off camber so STAY ON THE GAS! I tucked the front there years ago my very first day with my fresh paint job. :pissedoff:
-Turns 6-8 we already sorta covered.
-When coming down the back hill of 9, find a visual marker off in the distance to aim at as it is blind and a flowing right hander. It is easy to think that the turn is sharper than it is though and easy to go off the right side of the track.
-Turn 10 is pretty straight forward and is even a little banked. It can handle a fast entry.
-Turn 11 is tricky and slow. Don't try to make up lots of time here. Just get through it smoothly and set up for a nice, straight as possible drive out of the esses onto the back straight. The back straight is pretty long and I use the bridge as my marker to get off full throttle and apply brakes and downshift.
-Turns 14 and 15 are more of a one double apex turn. Drift out to the left side of the track and sweep back into a middle apex to enter the main straight. There is a dip at the apex that is slightly unsettling but once you get used to it you just sorta expect it.
Hope this helps some of you!!

ti2ttmatt
Jun 11th, 2008, 05:02 PM
To those that want to see it in action...
http://www.thunderhill.com/html/trackmap.html
Just click on the motorcycle video.

aaw749r
Jun 11th, 2008, 05:04 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for all the advice. This is my first time at this track and want to learn as much as possible.

Poach, I'm gonna be buggin you all darn day so expect it.

Calkidd
Jun 11th, 2008, 09:06 PM
When coming down the back hill of 9, find a visual marker off in the distance to aim at as it is blind and a flowing right hander. It is easy to think that the turn is sharper than it is though and easy to go off the right side of the track.The visual aid is a water tower on top of a hill in the distance.

ti2ttmatt
Jun 11th, 2008, 09:20 PM
The visual aid is a water tower on top of a hill in the distance.

The water tower is ok but even it is a bit too far left. Watch the video on the website and pause it as he hits the top of 9 and you can see that the water tower is pretty far left. Down in the valley there is a circular building that you can see as soon as you crest the hill. That one straightens you out a little better.

ducbill996
Jun 11th, 2008, 10:08 PM
The water tower is ok but even it is a bit too far left. Watch the video on the website and pause it as he hits the top of 9 and you can see that the water tower is pretty far left. Down in the valley there is a circular building that you can see as soon as you crest the hill. That one straightens you out a little better.

i found the tower to work pretty well... i would stay a little to the right of it though... i liked using it cause you can see it before you start to crest the hill...

poach
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Poach, I'm gonna be buggin you all darn day so expect it.

Expect it? I encourage it!:D

kidmoua
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I also shoot for the water tower

PRTSMN
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:43 AM
I have learned that there is alot more to riding streets and a ton more to track then ever imagined. It is really a talent that you guys have someday i hope to have aswell.

kidmoua
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I have learned that there is alot more to riding streets and a ton more to track then ever imagined. It is really a talent that you guys have someday i hope to have aswell.

yes..one day young grass hoppa..one day..

aaw749r
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:59 AM
yes..one day young grass hoppa..one day..

WERD

poach
Jun 12th, 2008, 10:16 AM

feel the track flow around you...make it your b*tch you must!:yoda:

Devlausdan
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Matt, my best and maybe faster and smoothess session was my third session. Towards the end of the day, I was getting tired and my contacts were starting to dry and it made seeing difficult so I slowed down. But I'm wanting to ask you for some advise because I want to find a faster line. I'd tried different lines throughout the day, but I want to hear what you, Chris, Rob and Adrian thought would be best.

-Turn 1 is FASTER than most give it credit for. I use the start/finish line as a go from full throttle to roll off to brake marker. Set up for 1 wide and get ON THE GAS between 1 and 2. There is a good bit of straight there so don't just coast it.
I caught myself setting up wide going into 1 wide and fast. But sometimes I ended up on the inside of the straight going into 2, so I have to take it back out wide to set up for 2. How to fix this? Perhaps don't set up going into 1 as wide and start 1 closer to the middle to inside and let myself drift out wide where it would line me up on the outside setting me up for 2?

-Turn 2 is sorta grooved pavement giving the bike that walking feel but hold it pretty tight and let it drift pretty far out on exit.
-Turn 3 has all sorts of theories so I'll let everyone figure that one out. Off camber and feels like you are going to wind up in the marbles and eventually off the track almost every time.
I took two different line through this. One, I held it fast and low on the inside and exited 2 staying on the inside which then became the outside for entry into 3. Is this line slower than taking 2 on the inside and letting the bike drift wide on the exit and setting you up for the inside of 3? Some say to take 3 on the inside line. Would that be faster?

-The Cyclone is more of a left/right flick than an actual turn. Try and make your approach up it as straight of a line as possible, flick quick left and then a flick quick right. Coming down the back is fairly steep and a little off camber so STAY ON THE GAS! I tucked the front there years ago my very first day with my fresh paint job. :pissedoff:

I've taken 5 two different ways. One, I took by approaching it straight up on the outside and then dumping it to the left. But that usually ends me up on the outside of 5 to curve back to the right. The other approach, I took 5 at a slight angle and approached it closer to the inside (even tap my left knee on the curve hump), and then flick the bike back to the right. This line kept me closer to the inside of 5A (if you call it) versus being on the outside coming back in. What's best?

-Turns 6-8 we already sorta covered.
-When coming down the back hill of 9, find a visual marker off in the distance to aim at as it is blind and a flowing right hander. It is easy to think that the turn is sharper than it is though and easy to go off the right side of the track.

I guess approaching 9 from the outside, make that left and ending up in the middle as the track curves right is better? Than approaching 9 closer to the inside which forces you to go wide on exit and may cause you to go off the track to the right?

-Turn 10 is pretty straight forward and is even a little banked. It can handle a fast entry.
-Turn 11 is tricky and slow. Don't try to make up lots of time here. Just get through it smoothly and set up for a nice, straight as possible drive out of the esses onto the back straight. The back straight is pretty long and I use the bridge as my marker to get off full throttle and apply brakes and downshift.
-Turns 14 and 15 are more of a one double apex turn. Drift out to the left side of the track and sweep back into a middle apex to enter the main straight. There is a dip at the apex that is slightly unsettling but once you get used to it you just sorta expect it.
Hope this helps some of you!!
I find 14 to be the most challenging to me. I'm coming in hot into 14. I down shift at the bridge (as marker) and then hit the brakes afterwards. I want to hit the corner hard, but it's so difficult because that part of the track is the most uneven and rough part of the whole track. The bike has to do so much to absorb all those uneveness in the road. I'm afraid I might lose the front end here. Plus sometimes a lot of traffic backs up here on the inside and you can't really go fast through it. I even went wide here on one of my laps.

I would like to get you guys's thought. Going back on the 20th, and obvisously I would like to find a better line to go faster and smoother.

Thanks for any input. Thunderhill Rocks.

ti2ttmatt
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Matt, my best and maybe faster and smoothess session was my third session. Towards the end of the day, I was getting tired and my contacts were starting to dry and it made seeing difficult so I slowed down. But I'm wanting to ask you for some advise because I want to find a faster line. I'd tried different lines throughout the day, but I want to hear what you, Chris, Rob and Adrian thought would be best.

I caught myself setting up wide going into 1 wide and fast. But sometimes I ended up on the inside of the straight going into 2, so I have to take it back out wide to set up for 2. How to fix this? Perhaps don't set up going into 1 as wide and start 1 closer to the middle to inside and let myself drift out wide where it would line me up on the outside setting me up for 2?

I took two different line through this. One, I held it fast and low on the inside and exited 2 staying on the inside which then became the outside for entry into 3. Is this line slower than taking 2 on the inside and letting the bike drift wide on the exit and setting you up for the inside of 3? Some say to take 3 on the inside line. Would that be faster?

I've taken 5 two different ways. One, I took by approaching it straight up on the outside and then dumping it to the left. But that usually ends me up on the outside of 5 to curve back to the right. The other approach, I took 5 at a slight angle and approached it closer to the inside (even tap my left knee on the curve hump), and then flick the bike back to the right. This line kept me closer to the inside of 5A (if you call it) versus being on the outside coming back in. What's best?

I guess approaching 9 from the outside, make that left and ending up in the middle as the track curves right is better? Than approaching 9 closer to the inside which forces you to go wide on exit and may cause you to go off the track to the right?

I find 14 to be the most challenging to me. I'm coming in hot into 14. I down shift at the bridge (as marker) and then hit the brakes afterwards. I want to hit the corner hard, but it's so difficult because that part of the track is the most uneven and rough part of the whole track. The bike has to do so much to absorb all those uneveness in the road. I'm afraid I might lose the front end here. Plus sometimes a lot of traffic backs up here on the inside and you can't really go fast through it. I even went wide here on one of my laps.

I would like to get you guys's thought. Going back on the 20th, and obvisously I would like to find a better line to go faster and smoother.

Thanks for any input. Thunderhill Rocks.

Ok... Holy Crap this is alot to digest but I will give it a whirl in shorthand.

Turn 1- If you clip it mid apex and are going fast, you automatically drift to the outside of the track. You should be nowhere near the inside of the track heading to turn 2. (Out of curiosity, what are you running for times there as the advice is a little different?)

Turn 2- Same as 1 as far as the exit... Drift it wide and then belly out to about 1/2 track, (or more... like I said, theories on turn 3 vary so you gotta figure that one out one your own.) Some take 3 awful tight and some set up for it about 2/3's to 3/4 track out and middle apex it. Watch the video that I gave you a link to earlier on this thread and visualize where you are comfortable.

Turn 5- I "bounce" my knee on the curbing for that first left and then QUICK up and a QUICK flip back to the right for a nice mid track exit through the downhill. Like I said before... STAY ON THE GAS through this section as it is extremely prone to low-siding.

Turn 9- I didn't quite understand what you wrote but... Aim at something on the horizon, don't go off the track, and drift out to the left side of the track upon the downhill, right hander towards 10.

Turn 14- Just a hard turn for sure. You are coming down from a fast straight, the pavement isn't the best there, and it is a double apexer with another mid apex to get back onto the main straight. To boot, it is a right hander and most of us normal righty type folks have an easier time turning left to begin with. Once again, I direct you to the video on T-Hill's website and would like you to watch the visual of that rider going through 14. It is exactly how I try to do it and as far as I know, is the way to do it.

Hopefully this helps and most importantly... Have fun out there!!

Matt

kidmoua
Jun 15th, 2008, 10:01 PM
you two write too much.. makes me :sleep:

T14 got me once yesterday..came in too fast and I knew I wouldn't be able to make the turn so I went straight..:rolleyes:

Calkidd
Jun 15th, 2008, 10:26 PM
T5 ate me up....:evilgrin0013:

kidmoua
Jun 15th, 2008, 11:02 PM

ate you up good

ti2ttmatt
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:32 AM

What happened?!

kidmoua
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:34 AM
What happened?!

http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25930&postcount=154

PRTSMN
Jun 16th, 2008, 12:20 PM

Always next time. I know from here there will be a next time..;)

kidmoua
Jun 16th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Always next time. I know from here there will be a next time..;)

so why dont you ride with us this time..

aaw749r
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:11 PM

Ryan, You would do fine in C group. At the track is just like on the street, there is nobody that you have to impress but yourself. There are also many controll riders there to give assistance.

The most pressure you will feel is us egging you on to go to the track. Then it is all smiles, PUNK! :D :evilgrin0013: :D

PRTSMN
Jun 16th, 2008, 02:40 PM
:pokeit:
Ryan, You would do fine in C group. At the track is just like on the street, there is nobody that you have to impress but yourself. There are also many controll riders there to give assistance.

The most pressure you will feel is us egging you on to go to the track. Then it is all smiles, PUNK! :D :evilgrin0013: :D

Devlausdan
Jun 16th, 2008, 05:25 PM

:iagree: You'll do great in C. Just come with all of us. At least let everyone show you around.

aaw749r
Jun 16th, 2008, 05:46 PM
:pokeit:

I'm allready giving you a ride up there and sharing my bed(room) with you so you might as well bring that scratched up track day ready bike of yours.:here::pokeit::haha::here::pokeit::haha::here::pokeit::haha::here::pokeit::haha:

PRTSMN
Jun 16th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I'm allready giving you a ride up there and sharing my bed(room) with you so you might as well bring that scratched up track day ready bike of yours.:here::pokeit::haha::here::pokeit::haha::here::pokeit::haha::here::pokeit::haha:

hahahahaha, okay already i will see if i can come up with suit rental/ purchase first this weekend

yoageallen
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:20 PM
hahahahaha, okay already i will see if i can come up with suit rental/ purchase first this weekendDo it and you will never look back. It is like Crack! The more you have the more you gotta have.:evilgrin0013: I know some one who will buy your soul!:gve:

up in smoke
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Adrian , are we riding up together?

Devlausdan
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:49 PM
hahahahaha, okay already i will see if i can come up with suit rental/ purchase first this weekend

Look Ryan, just go to Cycle Gear and get a one-piece suit and boots. If after one track day and you don't like track days or you don't like the suit, you can take the suit back to Cycle Gear and get a refund. That's their policy.

up in smoke
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Look Ryan, just go to Cycle Gear and get a one-piece suit and boots. If after one track day and you don't like track days or you don't like the suit, you can take the suit back to Cycle Gear and get a refund. That's their policy.

yeah, just tell them that you didn't like the way they tor apart on the tarmac.:D

PRTSMN
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:11 PM
:pound:thats great
yeah, just tell them that you didn't like the way they tor apart on the tarmac.:D

aaw749r
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:39 PM

Treat them like Wallmart - A nearly free rental store.

Calkidd
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Adrian , are we riding up together?
Are you going on the 19th?

up in smoke
Jun 16th, 2008, 10:05 PM
no, i was just messing. i think serg and i are planing something for the 5th of July at bw.

kidmoua
Jun 17th, 2008, 12:35 AM
no, i was just messing. i think serg and i are planing something for the 5th of July at bw.

TH>BW

Devlausdan
Jun 17th, 2008, 09:03 AM
TH>BW

bw<TH

Wile_E_Coyote
Jun 17th, 2008, 09:15 AM
bw<TH

Just a little bias showing through.

Calkidd
Jun 17th, 2008, 10:47 AM
They both have their advantages, but TH is better track tho.

Devlausdan
Jun 17th, 2008, 05:03 PM
They both have their advantages, but TH is better track tho.

Any way you and Adrian can have TH switch your 19th for the 20th? Sure be nice to see you again on the 20th. Everyone works Monday.

PRTSMN
Jun 17th, 2008, 05:10 PM
i will be the designated photo taker

Wile_E_Coyote
Jun 17th, 2008, 05:12 PM
i will be the designated photo taker

Calkidd
Jun 17th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Any way you and Adrian can have TH switch your 19th for the 20th? Sure be nice to see you again on the 20th. Everyone works Monday.Yeah it does seem that way. Looks like we are the only two going on that day.

Do you want to switch Adrian?

PRTSMN
Jun 17th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah it does seem that way. Looks like we are the only two going on that day.

It would be cool to see all of you ride the same day..:cool:

kidmoua
Jun 17th, 2008, 05:35 PM

just do it

aaw749r
Jun 17th, 2008, 05:48 PM

Do It - Do It - Do It - Do It
:dj2:

kidmoua
Jun 18th, 2008, 12:35 AM
why ride with just one friend when you can ride with a group of friends:rolleyes:

Calicronic
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:27 PM
OK...I just sent e-mail off to question the suspension height. Would really like to be out there with the way I have it set up, this wont be a all the time thing for me, but would like to get out there and see just what the limits of the bike are.

PRTSMN
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:47 PM
OK...I just sent e-mail off to question the suspension height. Would really like to be out there with the way I have it set up, this wont be a all the time thing for me, but would like to get out there and see just what the limits of the bike are.

i thought about taking the bike to get the suspension set up

Calicronic
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Woke up this morning and Dave from ZZ had already e-mailed me back. Apparnetly there is no restriction on a lowered bike. Only thing he mentioned that would throw up a red flag would be exteneded swingarm...so i'm good there. Worse case scenario, I have to raise it back up, won't take more than 30 minutes to have it back to stock height. So I think I am gonna try to make a go of this.

I will most definately be in the Novice class, but for you guys that have already been, what is the skill set for most that are in that class, Will I be OK? Suggestions, comments? Got thick skin so let's hear it.

kidmoua
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Busa on the track is no biggie. There was a big O BMW there last weekend. Looks just like Goldwing. You'll be fine Louie. You'll be hauling a$$ in no time.

Calicronic
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Honestly i'm not too worried about the busa on the track in a stock config, I was more concerned about it being lowered. Again, the whole point of this(for me) is to get a little taste of the track;) and find out what me and the bike are capable of.:o and build from there.

Wile_E_Coyote
Jun 19th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Personally, I'd take it to the track in stock configuration. You will be pushing the suspension much more than you do on the street. It will also handle much better. Just my opinion though.

kidmoua
Jun 19th, 2008, 09:48 AM
You're going to be doing alot of hard braking. Being that it's lower, you're going to rub body parts. So yeah, best if you raise it back up.

aaw749r
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:00 AM
I'd definately raise it to stock IMO. I've seen (and heard) 1 lowered Busa at the track just wearing off his foot peg feelers on every corner. At lunch break he was able to raise it some and then he was a much happier man.

Louie, you have plenty of skill for the track, don't worry about that at all. You are competent on a bike and they have controll riders to show you how to get around the track safely and quickly.

Calicronic
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the encouragement Ray!! I just don't wanna go out there and be soooo far behind in skill level, i'm ok with being middle of the pack or average(for now;)). I think I will leave it as is, and if it becomes a big issue that I need to address, then I will do as you mentioned and raise it back up throughout the day. Like I said, it only takes about 30 minutes at most.

kidmoua
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:28 AM
so is it safe to say that you'll be join us next month:evilgrin0013:

Calicronic
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Yes...yes it is!! See what you guys are doing to me:rolleyes:...lol.

Gonna look into all my gear and everything this weekend. I should be able to get 1 piece, Boots, and gloves for 1500$ right?

kidmoua
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:36 AM

Gonna look into all my gear and everything this weekend. I should be able to get 1 piece, Boots, and gloves for 1500$ right?

haven't you heard, track is my crack, and it'll be yours too after this :evilgrin0013:

$1500 is plenty..you can get all that for under $700

Calicronic
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:38 AM
well then, that means I got another 800 to play with, stimulus check should be arriving any day...lol. Maybe might go ahead and order my full system too then.:evilgrin0013:

kidmoua
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:39 AM
lets not forget the $170 registration fee

Calicronic
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Na, got that covered, gonna try to do that tomorrow.

kidmoua
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Na, got that covered, gonna try to do that tomorrow.

did I already mention that you're going to be hook..??

Calicronic
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:46 AM
did I already mention that you're going to be hook..??

My wife isn't gonna be happy...lol. I'm an obsessive, compulsive anyways!! Before long it will be me harassing you guys to go:eek:...

kidmoua
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Before long it will be me harassing you guys to go:eek:...

Danny is like that now..I got him hooked now all he talks about his track days.:rolleyes:

Devlausdan
Jun 19th, 2008, 11:26 AM
I will most definately be in the Novice class, but for you guys that have already been, what is the skill set for most that are in that class, Will I be OK? Suggestions, comments? Got thick skin so let's hear it.

You'll do well. Just remember --->>
The bigger you are the harder you fall. :D

Cycle Gear has a real nice Frank Thomas full suit for $400. Get it now so that you can get comfortable with it. You don't want to put it on for the first time on track day. Don't spend the big money like $1800 for a suit yet. Wait till this addiction controls your life, then you can spend that kind of money. There's Kangaroo and Cow.

My wife isn't gonna be happy...lol. I'm an obsessive, compulsive anyways!! Before long it will be me harassing you guys to go:eek:...

Bring her. We set up tents and chairs and have plenty of water for the whole day. She'll be with other girls too. At least she can see what all this is about. It's not the same to just hear about it and see pictures. You guys (Will, Tony, Ryan, and those considering) really NEED to BE THERE to hear all the motors roar by.

Lets try to all caravan up together. Gives everyone a chance to be together and no one gets lost getting there.

Devlausdan
Jun 19th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Danny is like that now..I got him hooked now all he talks about his track days.:rolleyes:

Sure looks like you're doing all my talking for me. :rolleyes:

Calicronic
Jun 19th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I am gonna have to go try some on(suits). I always have a problem finding stuff to fit me in the shoudlers and across back. Would be good to get it now and break it in a little.

I will try to talk her into going, My buddy Phil says he wants to go just to watch, I think he is pretty far off from being ready.

kidmoua
Jun 19th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Sure looks like you're doing all my talking for me. :rolleyes:
cause i speak gooder then you

I am gonna have to go try some on(suits). I always have a problem finding stuff to fit me in the shoudlers and across back. Would be good to get it now and break it in a little.

I will try to talk her into going, My buddy Phil says he wants to go just to watch, I think he is pretty far off from being ready.

it's never to early to ride track..my buddy was on a bike for only 3 months, did his first track day after 2 trips to the hills, dragged knees and haulling a$$ after the 3rd session..

My wife goes with meto track days. I cant be getting my on food and water when I'm in a full suit.

Calicronic
Jun 19th, 2008, 11:45 AM
cause i speak gooder then you

it's never to early to ride track..my buddy was on a bike for only 3 months, did his first track day after 2 trips to the hills, dragged knees and haulling a$$ after the 3rd session..

My wife goes with meto track days. I cant be getting my on food and water when I'm in a full suit.

That's the problem, I can't even convince him to go to the hills, he is just scared. He really had no business buying a Busa, he would fit right in at starbucks though...lol.

kidmoua
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:19 PM
if all else fails, just drag him along so he can fetch you water

PRTSMN
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:40 PM
if all else fails, just drag him along so he can fetch you water

Great now i know my purpose you ruined it:cheers2:

Devlausdan
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:43 PM

Don't wait too long to go try some suits on. Just in case you need an extra few days to special order a suit. You don't want to make this a last minute thing.

That's the problem, I can't even convince him to go to the hills, he is just scared. He really had no business buying a Busa, he would fit right in at starbucks though...lol.

Bring your buddy. The more the merrier.

Devlausdan
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Great now i know my purpose you ruined it:cheers2:

Ryan, you'll have a blast just being there.

aaw749r
Jun 19th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Ryan, Where is my Hossenfeffer?
Ryan, Bring me some Pierrie.
Ryan, Zip up this boot.
Ryan, There is sweat on my brow.
Ryan, ...
Ryan, ...
Ryan, Fetch the piss bucket.

Damn, he figured it out.

poach
Jun 19th, 2008, 03:18 PM

I don't care who ya are...that's some funny ***** right there.:pound:

Oh, and it's Perrier you clod.:D

PRTSMN
Jun 19th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Ryan, Bring me some Pierrie.
Ryan, Zip up this boot.
Ryan, There is sweat on my brow.
Ryan, ...
Ryan, ...
Ryan, Fetch the piss bucket.

Damn, he figured it out.

Ahh Mr. Miyagi, Remember sometimes the student studies to one day become the teacher:evilgrin0013::rolleyes:

yoageallen
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I might have to just switch the 19 for the 20 th. I sure don't wnt to ride alone. Maybe I will ride both days, I dunno. I sure don't want to ride alone ther day before every one else is.

Calkidd
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:11 PM

I will try to talk her into going, My buddy Phil says he wants to go just to watch, I think he is pretty far off from being ready.Louie there is a guy on www.bayarearidersforum.com by the name of Tilt who makes custom kick @ss suit for $425, yes you hear me right custom suits for $425. And the cool thing is he is in Morgan Hill just a few hours down the road from here.

Here is Tilt's thread for his suits... http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217337

Calkidd
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I might have to just switch the 19 for the 20 th. I sure don't wnt to ride alone. Maybe I will ride both days, I dunno. I sure don't want to ride alone ther day before every one else is.If for some reason I am only beat up I will be going, but would rather go on the 20th with everyone else. I have just signed up for the 20th, but left the 19th there for now. We (Adrian and I) have until July 3rd to cancel one of the track days.

Calicronic
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Louie there is a guy on www.bayarearidersforum.com by the name of Tilt who makes custom kick @ss suit for $425, yes you hear me right custom suits for $425. And the cool thing is he is in Morgan Hill just a few hours down the road from here.

Here is Tilt's thread for his suits... http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217337

Thanks Bryan!! Gonna try to contact him ASAP. Custom would be the way to go i'm assuming. Would be a nice lil ride for the day to go up and get fitted.

Calicronic
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Just took a look at them on the link...those things are sick for the price!! Got all the contact info, gonna call him in the morn.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Calkidd
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks Bryan!! Gonna try to contact him ASAP. Custom would be the way to go i'm assuming. Would be a nice lil ride for the day to go up and get fitted.
Let me know when you go I might want to go with you. For freaks....errr...umm...I mean guys like us custom is the way to go.

Calicronic
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Let me know when you go I might want to go with you. For freaks....errr...umm...I mean guys like us custom is the way to go.

;)That's a will do!!:dblthumb2:

PRTSMN
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:28 PM

;)That's a will do!!:dblthumb2:

i may want to get in on this action.....:cool:

Calkidd
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:41 PM
i may want to get in on this action.....:cool:
And even knuckle draggers like your self Ryan....:pokeit:

Calicronic
Jun 19th, 2008, 09:23 PM

:+1:, That's gonna be a whole lot of leather:eek:...lol. What am I talking about..there probably need a whole carcas for me!!

PRTSMN
Jun 19th, 2008, 09:27 PM
:+1:, That's gonna be a whole lot of leather:eek:...lol. What am I talking about..there probably need a whole carcas for me!!

i can see the order now " i need two cows with a speed hump to go":eek:

PRTSMN
Jun 19th, 2008, 09:28 PM

last time i checked you were almost as much of a leerch as me:D

Calkidd
Jun 19th, 2008, 09:30 PM
i can see the order now " i need two cows with a speed hump to go":eek:
I dont' care who ya are that ***** is funny right thar....

Devlausdan
Jun 20th, 2008, 12:40 AM
I might have to just switch the 19 for the 20 th. I sure don't wnt to ride alone. Maybe I will ride both days, I dunno. I sure don't want to ride alone ther day before every one else is.

Switch...

If for some reason I am only beat up I will be going, but would rather go on the 20th with everyone else. I have just signed up for the 20th, but left the 19th there for now. We (Adrian and I) have until July 3rd to cancel one of the track days.

At least on the 20th, there'll be many friends to watch over each other.

kidmoua
Jun 20th, 2008, 12:45 AM
...I can't wait any longer..

Devlausdan
Jun 20th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Switch...

At least on the 20th, there'll be many friends to watch over each other.

Watch with SLR. :D

Calkidd
Jun 20th, 2008, 06:50 AM
This is true

kidmoua
Jun 20th, 2008, 09:06 AM

This is true

esp if it's got a 300mm lense on it that can zoom you in from across the track, seeing your every facial expression:evilgrin0013:

aaw749r
Jun 23rd, 2008, 03:57 PM
I think I'll have the ability to hual 8 bikes total, 2 in truck & 6 in trailer. Chip in roughly $30 for fuel and the trip gets easy.

I will persue this if there is enough intrest.
If not, I'm taking the Ranger.
Anybody intrested?

PRTSMN
Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:55 PM
I think I'll have the ability to hual 8 bikes total, 2 in truck & 6 in trailer. Chip in roughly $30 for fuel and the trip gets easy.

Anybody intrested?

Road trip...:cool: this should be interesting:rolleyes:

yoageallen
Jun 23rd, 2008, 06:05 PM
ok! I am set for the 20th now. I am there man!:dj2:

aaw749r
Jun 23rd, 2008, 06:07 PM

Welcome Aboard

Devlausdan
Jun 23rd, 2008, 06:44 PM

Adrian, that's great. Be a blast with everyone there together.

bigdyang
Jun 24th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Don't you all DARE forget about me.... "I think i'm there....":D

kidmoua
Jun 24th, 2008, 01:24 PM

Anybody intrested?

whos trailer are you using?
$30 a person is about enough..I spent $170 the last time me, dan and david went up there..1 tank up and 1 tank back

Road trip...:cool: this should be interesting:rolleyes:

it'll be more interesting if you were to join us on the track instead of fetching us water

sweet..glad you can join us..I knew you wouldn't want to ride by yourself..now what about the silver sausage guy?

Adrian, that's great. Be a blast with everyone there together.

werd..

Don't you all DARE forget about me.... "I think i'm there....":D

you're in dude..I just talked to Sue, he's out..

aaw749r
Jun 24th, 2008, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=kidmoua;28216]whos trailer are you using?
$30 a person is about enough..I spent $170 the last time me, dan and david went up there..1 tank up and 1 tank back

My 2000 F-350 Diesel will hold 2 bikes and Ryan's trailer (6' wide x 14' or 15' long) with the addition of 2 rows of 3 wide staggered wheel choks and tie down hoops will hold the other 6.

I should be able to make the trip in 1 to 1.25 tanks, big tanks.

kidmoua
Jun 24th, 2008, 02:08 PM
$5.50 a gallon on diesel.. :eek:

everyone pitch in shouldnt be a problem

I'll get a trailer from my buddy too..

poach
Jun 24th, 2008, 02:16 PM
This is gonna be good...

You guys gonna be up there in time on sat to set up the pit?

kidmoua
Jun 24th, 2008, 02:19 PM
This is gonna be good...

sat??? wha chu talking bout willis..??

we aint leaving Fresno til 2AM on Sunday morning

poach
Jun 24th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Yikes...

Reckon I'll see ya'll when you get there.

kidmoua
Jun 24th, 2008, 02:57 PM
done it before...no biggie

poach
Jun 24th, 2008, 03:08 PM
3.25hr drive...8hrs carvin' it up...then another 3.25hr drive home for some folks to be at work on monday. All on 4-5hrs sleep. Now that's hardcore...

I'm old. I'll head up sat...go straight to the track and chat up the zoomzoom folks...may or may not set up the pit...back to willows for chile verde and margaritas...then at least 8hrs of some serious :sleep:

We'll be in celly contact, so there should be no problems...

Wile_E_Coyote
Jun 24th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I'm flippin jealous!

poach
Jun 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Nah...the chile verde in Buttonwillow is MUCH better.:D

Devlausdan
Jun 24th, 2008, 03:45 PM
What's the scoop on the SSR for 7/20? Is he gonna make it?

aaw749r
Jun 24th, 2008, 06:04 PM
This is gonna be good...

YES !
I would like to leave by noon or so on Sat.
Rest befor the track is a MUST.

aaw749r
Jun 24th, 2008, 06:08 PM
$5.50 a gallon on diesel.. :eek:

everyone pitch in shouldnt be a problem

I'll get a trailer from my buddy too..

Diesel just came down to $4.85 after being at $4.99 for the past 2 or 3 weeks.
Lets see $4.85/gallon x 40gallons/tank = holy moly, more than the track day just to get there.

Calkidd
Jun 24th, 2008, 06:53 PM
What's the scoop on the SSR for 7/20? Is he gonna make it?Here is the deal I signed up for the 20th. I am doing much better with my injuries or let's say I am not as in much pain anymore. This does not mean I do not have any internal injuries that need to be address. If I can do it I will be there for sure.

Bonkers
Jun 24th, 2008, 07:15 PM
wish i could make this one ...
But i have family stuff that weeken out of town ...

I still have a little tweken to do on the R1 , have some more parts orderd on on the way , i got a nasty head shake coming out of turn 15 into that strait one to many times lol .. thought i better order some more upgrades for my fat ass lol ..

wife is going to kill me lol :evilgrin0013:

ebay and R1 fourms are fun to spend money in lol

yoageallen
Jun 24th, 2008, 07:57 PM
We will be heading up saturday also. I very much enjoy getting up there early the day before and relaxing.

SyKoTiK
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:55 AM
im down if i can get my gear soon ill go i need everything for track and im almost there with the funds if not is there a track day in aug

kidmoua
Jun 25th, 2008, 07:26 AM
what a bunch of wuss....:rolleyes:

and it wasn't 3.25hrs, but more like 4.5hrs..esp when you have 2 bikes in the truck, a cargo carrier rack attach to he hitch and 5 passenger..

Wile_E_Coyote
Jun 25th, 2008, 08:25 AM

No, you're just hardcore.

poach
Jun 25th, 2008, 09:28 AM

and it wasn't 3.25hrs, but more like 4.5hrs.

Did you just say you're slow off the track too?:D

kidmoua
Jun 25th, 2008, 09:49 AM

yeah, I'm slow everywhere..

aaw749r
Jun 25th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Here is the deal I signed up for the 20th. I am doing much better with my injuries or let's say I am not as in much pain anymore. This does not mean I do not have any internal injuries that need to be address. If I can do it I will be there for sure.

Glad to here you are doing better. I hope to see you on the 20th.

aaw749r
Jun 25th, 2008, 10:15 AM

OUCH!

aaw749r
Jun 25th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I can't wait to ride with you all.
This is going to be great!

poach
Jun 25th, 2008, 10:36 AM
OUCH!

Hey, start throwing wuss darts around and some are bound to come backatcha.:D

PRTSMN
Jun 25th, 2008, 10:38 AM
yeah, I'm slow everywhere..

Its okay your still faster then emmm... Thayne:eek::D

kidmoua
Jun 25th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Hey, start throwing wuss darts around and some are bound to come backatcha.:D

I got those darts from Australia..go figure

Its okay your still faster then emmm... Thayne:eek::D

now heres somebody that actually knows what he's talking about:D

SyKoTiK
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:02 PM
im buying my gear for the track now and im about to go buy some boots today what brand should i get Astar or dinese there both the same price and both comfortable

kidmoua
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:03 PM
SIDI Vertigo Corsa FTW

kidmoua
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:05 PM

Anybody intrested?

so far, who elses bike are you hauling?

poach
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I'm working on getting you guys 30% off Sidi certificates. Not sure when I'll get it done...but eventually...

aaw749r
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:06 PM
im buying my gear for the track now and im about to go buy some boots today what brand should i get Astar or dinese there both the same price and both comfortable

I would avoid the A-Star. Mine craped out waaaaaaaay too soon and I've heard the same from others.

PRTSMN
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I'm working on getting you guys 30% off Sidi certificates. Not sure when I'll get it done...but eventually...

That would be great:D:D

kidmoua
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:07 PM

sweet..time for another SIDI

I would avoid the A-Star. Mine craped out waaaaaaaay too soon and I've heard the same from others.

werd..a few of my buddies had problems with the strap breaking on their A*

PRTSMN
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:07 PM
anybody that has the intrest to go i would guess......:rolleyes:

kidmoua
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:08 PM
anybody that has the intrest to go i would guess......:rolleyes:

um..we dont talk to water boys... :evilgrin0013:

so are you gonna ride with us or what..

aaw749r
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:09 PM

mine

Just throwing out the option to see if anybody is interested.

I'll probably hual Bills bike too if he goes, Right Bill? You are going arent you?

aaw749r
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:11 PM

Or even Hossenfefer boys

poach
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:15 PM
http://www.flixya.com/video/556822/How_to_make_Hossenfeffer

:pound: :pound: :pound:

PRTSMN
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:21 PM

so are you gonna ride with us or what..

Or even Hossenfefer boys

OKAY, I'll remember that you two smart :eek:$$e$. One day i will ride better than(maybe not even close yeah who am i foolin) you guys..:D

poach
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:26 PM
OKAY, I'll remember that you two smart :eek:$$. One day i will ride better than(maybe not even close yeah who am i foolin) you guys..:D

Maybe...but you gotta get your arse on the race track first!

7/20...sunday, sunday, SUNDAY! Be there.:D

aaw749r
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Maybe...but you gotta get your arse on the race track first!

7/20...sunday, sunday, SUNDAY! Be there.:D

Oh, he'll be there.

Servin up the drinks
Wiping our sweatty brows
Polishing the bikes
And skinning the cat to make the Hossenfeffer.

kidmoua
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:32 PM
less then a month guys..get your ***** together..

aaw749r
Jun 25th, 2008, 06:22 PM
less then a month guys..get your together..

I still gotta fix my piece-o-carp. Still have not touched it from Laguna Seca. I think I need a wrenching party to get motivated. Been spending so much time at work that I just don't want to be here turning wrenches.

ducbill996
Jun 25th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I still gotta fix my piece-o-carp. Still have not touched it from Laguna Seca. I think I need a wrenching party to get motivated. Been spending so much time at work that I just don't want to be here turning wrenches.

let me know when and i'll stop by...

aaw749r
Jun 25th, 2008, 07:01 PM

Could do it tonight if you are up to it.
Currently working on a lil sonething for Joey.

Call Me

aaw749r
Jun 25th, 2008, 08:20 PM

Sunday evening is going to be my next free time after tonight. I get Josie Th, Fr, Sat, & Sun this week.
If not then Mon or Tues will work, then I have Josie again for Wed, Th, Fri.

Calkidd
Jun 26th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I love all this ***** talking on here, but it is amazing it all stops once we hit the track......I myself have nooooooooo room to talk this time around.

Mr. T5...out....

kidmoua
Jun 27th, 2008, 12:56 AM
I love all this ***** talking on here, but it is amazing it all stops once we hit the track.....

werd...

talk all you want, but just leave it here when the 20th rolls around

aaw749r
Jun 27th, 2008, 08:35 AM
I love all this ***** talking on here, but it is amazing it all stops once we hit the track......I myself have nooooooooo room to talk this time around.

Mr. T5...out....

:+1::iagree::dblthumb2:

ducbill996
Jun 27th, 2008, 03:01 PM
yeah cause you all know i'll throw the smackdown at the track!!!:haha:

PRTSMN
Jun 27th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I got the water bucket & sweat rags ready.

aaw749r
Jun 27th, 2008, 03:47 PM

You mean you'll smack down the 999-S in the dirt just like Brian did? Are you going to completely copy him and do it in turn 5 too?

aaw749r
Jun 27th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I got the water bucket & sweat rags ready.

How about the cats for the Hosseneffer?

ducbill996
Jun 27th, 2008, 04:05 PM
You mean you'll smack down the 999-S in the dirt just like Brian did? Are you going to completely copy him and do it in turn 5 too?

no i have to go farther than him so i'll do it in turn 6...

PRTSMN
Jun 27th, 2008, 04:10 PM

Cats are easy to come by kittens are more tender

Devlausdan
Jun 27th, 2008, 04:49 PM

Cats are easy to come by kittens are more tender

How do you guys know more about cats and kittens than Kidmoua and I? If any one is going to be the expert on cats and kittens, then it's Kidmoua and I. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:haha::haha::confused2::confused2:

PRTSMN
Jun 27th, 2008, 04:57 PM
How do you guys know more about cats and kittens than Kidmoua and I? If any one is going to be the expert on cats and kittens, then it's Kidmoua and I. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:haha::haha::confused2::confused2:

Cause when your hungry it don't matter if you are yellow, white, black, or brown. It all tastes like chicken:rolleyes:

Devlausdan
Jun 27th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Cause when your hungry it don't matter if you are yellow, white, black, or brown. It all tastes like chicken:rolleyes:

I didn't know you knew, Master Chef Prtsmn.

PRTSMN
Jun 27th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I didn't know you knew Master Chef Prtsmn.

It all cooks the same on the bar b que, Just a different way to prepare it 1.chicken pull out feathers 2.pull off the fur same difference

Devlausdan
Jun 27th, 2008, 05:12 PM
It all cooks the same on the bar b que, Just a different way to prepare it 1.chicken pull out feathers 2.pull off the fur same difference

I am not worthy... :hail::hail::hail::eek::eek:

PRTSMN
Jun 27th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I am not worthy... :hail::hail::hail::eek::eek:

So back to point you all ready for track days so you can show me how it is supposed to be done.

ducbill996
Jun 27th, 2008, 05:25 PM
So back to point you all ready for track days so you can show me how it is supposed to be done.

i'll show you... just follow me...:scared:

PRTSMN
Jun 27th, 2008, 05:28 PM

no i have to go farther than him so i'll do it in turn 6...

well from reading these i will see quite a show:weirdface::D

Devlausdan
Jun 27th, 2008, 05:41 PM

I (we all) just want you to have a good time. Just hang out and chill and watch all the purty bikes. I'm sure you can even participate in the morning track meeting so that you can hear what's being said.

Would be nice if you make this your first track day since everyone will be there to support you. Just sign up for group C. From what I saw, TH had a very supportive staff to take you through the track at a nice pace. I believe Louie signed up for C already. You'll have company.

Am I ready? Can't wait.

PRTSMN
Jun 27th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I (we all) just want you to have a good time. Just hang out and chill and watch all the purty bikes. I'm sure you can even participate in the morning track meeting so that you can hear what's being said.

Would be nice if you make this your first track day since everyone will be there to support you. Just sign up for group C. From what I saw, TH had a very supportive staff to take you through the track at a nice pace. I believe Louie signed up for C already. You'll have company.

Am I ready? Can't wait.

Still too many things too get gear for 1 and the money for regerstration just finacially is not possible for me at this time i am going to go and see what is all about i am sure i will have a good time. I am excited to go and i am not even riding haha i can only imagine how you guys feel. There will be next time but then you better whatch out:rolleyes: just kidding. it is not to see who is faster it is just to enjoy ourselves and encourage each other along...

Devlausdan
Jun 27th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Still too many things too get gear for 1 and the money for regerstration just finacially is not possible for me at this time i am going to go and see what is all about i am sure i will have a good time. I am excited to go and i am not even riding haha i can only imagine how you guys feel. There will be next time but then you better whatch out:rolleyes: just kidding. it is not to see who is faster it is just to enjoy ourselves and encourage each other along...

Okay... I'm going to hold you to it for the next one then. Yes this one will be a fun. Seems like it's a CVR meet and greet at TH.

Calkidd
Jun 27th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Okay... I'm going to hold you to it for the next one then. Yes this one will be a fun. Seems like it's a CVR meet and greet at TH.Do you think that maybe we can all hang out this time instead of being at one end of the paddock?

kidmoua
Jun 27th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Do you think that maybe we can all hang out this time instead of being at one end of the paddock?

ofcourse we can..

we set up overthere is because of the power outlet..we didnt know you guys had a generator..

Devlausdan
Jun 27th, 2008, 11:57 PM
ofcourse we can..

we set up overthere is because of the power outlet..we didnt know you guys had a generator..

We needed the power outlet for the commercial fan that we brought. Plus the tree provided ample shading.

bigdyang
Jun 28th, 2008, 12:29 AM

ouch bill, why so harsh.... can't talk like that karrdick, calkidd, and kidmoua might not wanna go anymore... they're very emotional...

kidmoua
Jun 28th, 2008, 12:29 AM
How do you guys know more about cats and kittens than Kidmoua and I? If any one is going to be the expert on cats and kittens, then it's Kidmoua and I.

hey, speak for yourself..the only pets I'll eat are chicken and fish..

bigdyang
Jun 28th, 2008, 12:30 AM
ahh.... one more head count.... so who's in?:confused2:

Calkidd
Jun 28th, 2008, 11:14 AM
We needed the power outlet for the commercial fan that we brought. Plus the tree provided ample shading.
I like that area you guys set up in. Save us a spot.

aaw749r
Jun 28th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I like that area you guys set up in. Save us a spot.

There are several of us that are going to leave Fresno about noonish on Saturday the 19th. If you can leave this early lets all meet up and convoy together. When we get there we can set up the CRV camp and go grab dinner and relax.

We could meet say at Herndon and 99 in the truck stop parking lot.

Who else would like to drive up together.

Houa and his spider monkey gang of 5 bikes are not leaving until 5 or 6:00 on Saturday so there is another oppertunity for a convoy.

kidmoua
Jun 28th, 2008, 12:27 PM

are you crazy...?

truck stop..?

there's a Starbuck right there, you can't be at corner with a starbuck and not go wh0re it..

yoageallen
Jun 28th, 2008, 12:32 PM
There are several of us that are going to leave Fresno about noonish on Saturday the 19th. If you can leave this early lets all meet up and convoy together. When we get there we can set up the CRV camp and go grab dinner and relax.

Who else would like to drive up together.

Houa and his spider monkey gang of 5 bikes are not leaving until 5 or 6:00 on Saturday so there is another oppertunity for a convoy.
I think that is a very good idea Ray. I really enjoy hanging out and socializing the night before too.

poach
Jul 1st, 2008, 01:16 PM
YEEEEHAW!

Got fresh sticker tires all mounted up and I'm waaay ready to go!

*edit*

Sheesh...three track days in a row over the weekend and here I am giddy as a school girl waiting for a day that's almost a month away.

I think I may have a problem.:pound:

Calkidd
Jul 1st, 2008, 01:54 PM
YEEEEHAW!

Got fresh sticker tires all mounted up and I'm waaay ready to go!

*edit*

Sheesh...three track days in a row over the weekend and here I am giddy as a school girl waiting for a day that's almost a month away.

I think I may have a problem.:pound:
What tires did you go with Chris. I going to mount a set of one off Michellin Race.

poach
Jul 1st, 2008, 02:01 PM
Michelin Power race...

front: prc

rear: 190/55 med/soft

btw...if you are ever in need of good take offs( I say good because I'm old, heal slowly, and would rather swap tires too soon rather than too late)...hit me up for the peace officer's discount.:)

aaw749r
Jul 1st, 2008, 02:06 PM
What tires did you go with Chris. I going to mount a set of one off Michellin Race.

I just tried a set of Pilot Race (med) at Laguna Seca and absolutely loved them, they are holding up nicely too. They are my new tire of choice. My only gripe is it took a long time to get the release agent out of them, but once that was gone they did everything I asked very predictably.

They are a low pressure tire, I ran them at R-22 and F-28 if I remember correctly, I've got it in some notes out in the shop.

I'm leaving them on for T-Hill.

poach
Jul 1st, 2008, 02:09 PM
^^So, instead of take offs...you'll be going with the leave ons!:D

Calkidd
Jul 1st, 2008, 03:09 PM
Michelin Power race...

front: prc

rear: 190/55 med/soft

btw...if you are ever in need of good take offs( I say good because I'm old, heal slowly, and would rather swap tires too soon rather than too late)...hit me up for the peace officer's discount.:)I am your man for sho....

Wile_E_Coyote
Jul 1st, 2008, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't even be able to put enough heat into a race tire! :pound:

PRTSMN
Jul 1st, 2008, 05:49 PM

you and me both....:(

yoageallen
Jul 1st, 2008, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't even be able to put enough heat into a race tire! :pound:All in good time my friend.:cool:

kidmoua
Jul 2nd, 2008, 12:28 AM

I'll take it a few times around the track, bring it back then you can hop on..

Wile_E_Coyote
Jul 2nd, 2008, 07:21 AM
I'll take it a few times around the track, bring it back then you can hop on..

You're a true friend...

yoageallen
Jul 2nd, 2008, 07:32 AM
I think he meant you could hop on the back.:rolleyes:

Calkidd
Jul 2nd, 2008, 07:47 AM
I wouldn't even be able to put enough heat into a race tire! :pound:Tire warmers baby....

kidmoua
Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:14 AM
I think he meant you could hop on the back.:rolleyes:

exactly..

2up and still be draggin knees

Devlausdan
Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:52 AM
exactly..

2up and still be draggin knees

I can see you two on the carpet in the bedroom, dual knee dragging

Wile_E_Coyote
Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:18 AM

That was so original... :rolleyes:

PRTSMN
Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:19 AM

:eek::eek:EEEWWWWHHH

tmi buddy

Devlausdan
Jul 8th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I know it's early and there's still time. But track day is right next weekend and it comes fast.

Just letting everyone know that Houa, David, and I are trailering our three bikes up. We may also trailer Matt from CycleGear's bike too if he's going. But We're heading up Saturday around 1-2pm (hopefully no later than 3pm). Too early to say right now. But if anyone else is wanting to caravan up together, just say where and when to meet.

I'm sure further detail will be posted as we get closer to Saturday.

Devlausdan
Jul 8th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Louie, are you ready? Who are you going up with?

Will, are you in? Even if you're not riding.

kidmoua
Jul 8th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I'l going to ride up there. If I leave here at 130, I should get there just before they open the gate. Anyone wanna ride up there with me?

Calkidd
Jul 8th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I'l going to ride up there. If I leave here at 130, I should get there just before they open the gate. Anyone wanna ride up there with me?I don't understand why you just don't stay the night before. That is just crazy you drive up there so early and drive back. That is very dangerous and unsafe.

Sprocket
Jul 8th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I'l going to ride up there. If I leave here at 130, I should get there just before they open the gate. Anyone wanna ride up there with me?

You riding your bike?

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 8th, 2008, 05:25 PM
going to a track with out being able to ride would be pure torture

Devlausdan
Jul 8th, 2008, 05:25 PM
You riding your bike?

He's lying. He'll be on the road after work around 6 PM. I'm trailering up in the afternoon. If not, then maybe in the evening too when it's not so hot.

Devlausdan
Jul 8th, 2008, 05:26 PM
going to a track with out being able to ride would be pure torture

Then SIGN UP. Lets.... You got all your gears. I'll bring the water for you.

Sprocket
Jul 8th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I'm looking for someone to ride up with if anyone has any room :D