PDA

View Full Version : CVR Track day, again...

Calkidd
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Ok, I have notice a lot of you have been in the shadows or on the fence going to a track day. I see you asking about leathers, gear and mentioning that you would like to go.

So, what would it take to get some of you to a track day? The first CVR track day was a great turn out and we all had loads of fun.

Matt and Aaron, from TI2TT.com, have graciously offered discounts for their track days. They have offered 10% off if 10 or more CVR riders sign up. I can not say enough about the hospitality TI2TT has shown towards CVR members.

I have been looking at a track day on 08/02/08 at Streets of Willow. I believe this will be a good track giving it is a bit more slower than Willow Springs big track. I believe this date is giving enough time for people to get things in order and make it.

Give it a thought and let me know if you would like to do this

up in smoke
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:03 PM
ill work on it:)

GsxR1000Ryda
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:22 PM
count me in. the 600 should be ready by then

***read new post**

PRTSMN
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Bryan i will see what i can come up with by then.

GusGus748s
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:00 AM
I want to go badly. However, my suit doesn't correctly. Its a little too long for the legs. Everyone wants like $300+ to alter it and I've got to pay for shipping lol.

Furthermore, I'm low on $$$. I was thinking of buying another suit, but I'll need a custom one. So, I might end up going to the track... prolly never lol.

A Ninja Boot
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:19 AM
I want to go badly. However, my suit doesn't correctly. Its a little too long for the legs. Everyone wants like $300+ to alter it and I've got to pay for shipping lol.

Furthermore, I'm low on $$$. I was thinking of buying another suit, but I'll need a custom one. So, I might end up going to the track... prolly never lol.

ohhh! you should ask Backpack she is suppose to be doing some work for CVR members and she is local.

GusGus748s
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:25 AM
ohhh! you should ask Backpack she is suppose to be doing some work for CVR members and she is local.

Already did...she's supposed to get back to me to see if she will be able to do it.

A Ninja Boot
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Already did...she's supposed to get back to me to see if she will be able to do it.

Mine are actually long too, my pants bunch up a little more in the knees. Also my butt area is a little saggy, kinda looks like I'm wearing a dirty diaper.:skep:

kidmoua
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Mine are actually long too, my pants bunch up a little more in the knees. Also my butt area is a little saggy, kinda looks like I'm wearing a dirty diaper.:skep:

werd....

those off the rack suit dosent really suit us Asians very well:D

GusGus748s
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:55 PM

Mine fits good all around except in the leg section. I have to adjust my knee cups up a little bit when I first get on the bike or whenever I stop and put my feet back on the pegs.

Big Kahuna
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:36 PM
August 2nd is Friendship Ride 2008. I thought CVR members got 10% automatically. :confused2:

aaw749r
Jun 8th, 2008, 08:10 PM

Try Gerg Apelian @ Clovis Boot & Shoe Repair 559-299-6272
325 Clovis Ave, downtown clovis on east side of road - same parking lot as Kimmies Bar

He did a great job repairing my 1 peice and made some alterations as well (tightned the wrist cuffs) for a very reasonable price.

ducbill996
Jun 8th, 2008, 09:08 PM
August 2nd is Friendship Ride 2008. I thought CVR members got 10% automatically. :confused2:

not with ti2tt... the track club we do though...

aaw749r
Jun 8th, 2008, 09:13 PM
not with ti2tt... the track club we do though...

I know we get $15 off with Zoom Zoom

aaw749r
Jun 8th, 2008, 09:16 PM
I'm in on Streets, that track is a hoot. Everyone needs to experience the bowl.
Not super fast (125-130 tops) but if you are not ready it'll give you a big pucker.

SOUN1
Jun 8th, 2008, 09:56 PM
The date looks good..road trip...My ZX6R will be ready!!!I

Calkidd
Jun 8th, 2008, 11:25 PM
August 2nd is Friendship Ride 2008. I thought CVR members got 10% automatically. :confused2:OH ***** totally forgot, I am so sorry. Well gentelmen looks like the 2nd is not going to work.....

poach
Jun 9th, 2008, 08:01 AM
If it's still a go...I'm in.

GsxR1000Ryda
Jun 9th, 2008, 08:07 AM

+1, I'd rather go to this instead

poach
Jun 9th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Oops...just checked the TrackDaz event calander. Looks like I'm at BW 8/2-8/3.

Out...:(

ti2ttmatt
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:55 PM
To those that do want to go let us know soon. We have so far had two group inquiries, one for the 2nd and one for the 3rd. It sounds like there is a lot going on with the Friendship ride and with our boys Dustin and Rudy being at Buttonwillow the same weekend.

Streets is a really fun track. It is great for novices and experts alike and will teach you the meaning of technical. The bowl is a blast and it sounds like they have repaved about 2/3's of the track! Supposed to be SWEET!

poach
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:01 PM
it sounds like they have repaved about 2/3's of the track! Supposed to be SWEET!

Seriously???

Ohhh yeah baby...my sub 1:20 goal just might happen...maybe...or not.:pound:

ti2ttmatt
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Seriously???

Ohhh yeah baby...my sub 1:20 goal just might happen...maybe...or not.:pound:

That's what they tell me. I guess from turn 3 or 4 all the way to the Skid Pad or something. I would HOPE that they would have done the Skid Pad as well as that was the WORST. Haven't you been there with TD since the repave?

poach
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:09 PM
That's what they tell me. I guess from turn 3 or 4 all the way to the Skid Pad or something. I would HOPE that they would have done the Skid Pad as well as that was the WORST. Haven't you been there with TD since the repave?

The last re-pave I'm familiar with was from T2 to T6. This was about 40-50 days ago.

Btw matt...I heard what you're doing for Biggie Coyner when the crew rolls up to RFern in July. Mighty stand up of you. The day I meet ya...beers on me.:thumbsup:

ti2ttmatt
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah that is the one that I am talking about... I thought that it was more than just 2-6 though... Hmmm. Misinformed.
What exactly am I doing for DC and crew? I told him that a few of them are welcome to stay at the house the night before and that hopefully I will be able to join them at least for one of the days.
You coming up with?
Beer=Good.

poach
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Yeah that is the one that I am talking about... I thought that it was more than just 2-6 though... Hmmm. Misinformed.
What exactly am I doing for DC and crew? I told him that a few of them are welcome to stay at the house the night before and that hopefully I will be able to join them at least for one of the days.
You coming up with?
Beer=Good.

D just mentioned something about you picking charlie up at the airport. Maybe things have changed, but either way I'll still buy ya some cocktails some day.:D

As bad as I wanted to make this one, it's just not going to fit.

Calkidd
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:25 PM
:myhijackedX::focus:

haha just kidding

poach
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Man, I even jack my own threads. It's like I need an intervention or something.:doh:

kidmoua
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Man, I even jack my own threads. It's like I need an intervention or something.:doh:

thats bad when you have to hijack your own thread

GusGus748s
Jun 11th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Try Gerg Apelian @ Clovis Boot & Shoe Repair 559-299-6272
325 Clovis Ave, downtown clovis on east side of road - same parking lot as Kimmies Bar

He did a great job repairing my 1 peice and made some alterations as well (tightned the wrist cuffs) for a very reasonable price.

Thanks I'll give them a call.

yoageallen
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I'm definitely doing Friendship ride for sure! Can't let that go away! Gotta remember Michael Haynes. R.I.P. Bro. Don't ever forget who your friends are.

GsxR1000Ryda
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:31 PM
all i have to say is very very soon............ the 600 needs a bit more work......but dont count me out for the friendship ride