PDA

View Full Version : Zaca Station - First MX Dabbling on the WR

InfernoPhil
Dec 3rd, 2011, 08:04 AM
Sketchy day... I have a new respect for MX riders. The jumps are outrageous! After a handful of laps on the pro-level course I realized that I was content on the vet track, aka the family track.

Here's a video of my near misses. I need to lean back over the jumps (maybe click on the title if embedding isn't working):

http://www.vimeo.com/32753413

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/infernophil/mx-1.jpg

JonJon
Dec 3rd, 2011, 08:30 AM
:pound: That video just made my morning. It's good that you're out there putting in work tho, that's the only way to learn how to do it. Zaca is a badass track, wish I could ride there.

chromefonica
Dec 3rd, 2011, 08:47 AM
I didn't even know that track was out here where I'm working.

JonJon
Dec 3rd, 2011, 08:51 AM
I didn't even know that track was out here where I'm working.

It's a badass track. I think they even hold a WORCS round out there, but not too sure anymore.

up in smoke
Dec 3rd, 2011, 09:18 AM
nice track.

porschepat912
Dec 3rd, 2011, 02:09 PM
track riding looks super fun. So you say you keep nose diving you jumps, and it looks like was out the rear on exits... maybe a little to loose on the rebound adjustment in the rear??

aaw749r
Dec 4th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Thanks for that. Most people won't post a vid of them struggling even though from time to time we all do it. Be more aggressive with the throttle, when it is rough power and smooth body language (get over the rear and let the front float and loosen up your knees) will flatten the track out. Also, look further ahead, not right in front of the bike. It will come in time.

Big E
Dec 4th, 2011, 04:25 PM
LOL "Crap!" ,good post i agree with ray 100% my best memories with anything i have done comes from not making the learning curve on the first go. keep at it brother . i have to admit i am becoming even more intrigued in some dirty housing... but i do wonder if they even make a rig big enough for me. when the time comes i know i will have alot more to say other than "Crap".
be safe brother!

chromefonica
Dec 4th, 2011, 10:02 PM
LOL "Crap!" ,good post i agree with ray 100% my best memories with anything i have done comes from not making the learning curve on the first go. keep at it brother . i have to admit i am becoming even more intrigued in some dirty housing... but i do wonder if they even make a rig big enough for me. when the time comes i know i will have alot more to say other than "Crap".
be safe brother!

There are bikes that have plenty of power for larger heavier people. You probably will have a lot more trouble on a track and jumping, but trail riding is for everyone and it's so awesome!