PDA

View Full Version : Guy ran a red light at a right hand turn behind me today...

montibank
Nov 9th, 2011, 06:00 PM
... Thank god I was far enough to the right for him to squeek by on the left @ 25+ mph and continue his turn without killing me. I looked back even and saw he was quite a bit behind me before I broke for the red light. I thought for sure he would stop but as soon as I saw he was moving waaaay too fast to stop I got as far off to the right as humanly possible.

When confronted - he acted innocent. When given the salute and asked to pull over, he acted like he was going to pull over then dodged through traffic dangerously to evade. When I pulled in front after another stop light and slowed down indicating he needed to pull over he changed lanes and speed up. Caught up again (no need to speed - it was in stop and go traffic) I told him I was calling the cops if he didn't pull over. He fled ... I followed at a distance till I saw a police vehicle where I pulled over to chat with the officer. Turns out just a dummy vehicle no officer :(

Called the police to complain about an unsafe driver...

Lic # 5GXRxxx er ... 957 or 975 I forget now, but gave it to the police right when I called to report him.

Another type/make vehicle to add to the "watch the hell out for them" list:

Silver - Trail Blazer mid-2000ish

*shaking with rage still*

JoT
Nov 9th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I'm glad to hear you're ok, but be careful pursuing folks, you never know how they'll react.

montibank
Nov 9th, 2011, 10:40 PM
I'm glad to hear you're ok, but be careful pursuing folks, you never know how they'll react.

Just wanted an I'm sorry, and I goofed. Ignoring it is dening a mistake was made, meaning they will likely do it again. Next time it may be you, or someone else you know that ends up under them.

Yes, it was flawed logic... I do have trouble taking into consideration my safety when others fail to...

Kewaneh
Nov 10th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Just wanted an I'm sorry, and I goofed. Ignoring it is dening a mistake was made, meaning they will likely do it again. Next time it may be you, or someone else you know that ends up under them.

Yes, it was flawed logic... I do have trouble taking into consideration my safety when others fail to...

I am SO with you on that one. People make mistakes when driving. Sometimes that person is me. I usually try to acknowledge my mistake and offer some sort of apology; a hand wave or something. I tend to expect the same.

I generally don't get mad when I get cut off or other drivers "don't see me". I just accept that it will happen and try my best to remain prepared for it. Usually, I honk my horn, flash my lights, or do something else to get the erroneous driver's attention, just to let them know I'm there, or to ask "What the XXXX was that!!??" If I get an apologetic wave, I'm cool with it, wave back, and we both go on our way. However, I DO get pissed when they bark back at me like it's my fault, like I deserved it, if I get the finger, or a "What are you going to do about it" look. Likewise, my logic begins to get a bit flawed at that point too.

MadKaw
Nov 10th, 2011, 10:50 AM
yeah just acknowledge the mistake. people have no conscience these days it seems. good thing you were paying attention, as a good rider should

kinda eerie how GXXR is in that license plate number .....

Papa Duck
Nov 10th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Bad cager,bad.Youve earned one of these...........:D

z_brendan
Sep 22nd, 2012, 02:09 AM
Bad cager,bad.Youve earned one of these...........:D

Hahaha yesss to that whole comment!

kidmoua
Sep 22nd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Son of my b!t(h