PDA

View Full Version : How-to/ Do it yourself

chromefonica
Aug 23rd, 2011, 07:24 AM
I think it would be cool to have a How-to or Do It Yourself section in the shop area of the forum where members can post up step-by-steps and pics and vids.

Just an idea

rated_r1
Aug 23rd, 2011, 08:24 AM
I'm sure Jan and Ray can add some good how to's....

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 23rd, 2011, 09:41 AM
Isn't that what the general shop chat forum is for?

Handyman
Aug 23rd, 2011, 12:48 PM
you could use the general forum for that,....but other sites I'm on have a specific "how-to" section...with all the different types of bikes on here....it may be a very good idea...

MadKaw
Aug 23rd, 2011, 02:04 PM
yeah that would be a good area

ducbill996
Aug 23rd, 2011, 05:34 PM
yeah! that way we could see exactly how someone screwed up!:D

PurpRider
Aug 23rd, 2011, 05:34 PM
That's a great idea, Brandon. I wanted to learn the intricacies of bikes, but I don't even know where to start.

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 23rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
i think its a great idea. Who wants to start off with a how to rebuilt a two stroke bottom end????? :)

chromefonica
Aug 23rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
i think its a great idea. Who wants to start off with a how to rebuilt a two stroke bottom end????? :)

Jan's your man for that. I think he can split the case for you too.

aaw749r
Aug 23rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
yeah! that way we could see exactly how someone screwed up!:D

Are you talking to/about me?

aaw749r
Aug 23rd, 2011, 09:40 PM
I'm sure Jan and Ray can add some good how to's....

I can show you how to cut (pinch) off your finger or arm with nearly no pain or blood (at first).

Agustin
Aug 24th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Are there enough of us for that? I mean, you can find almost anything already how-to'd on Youtube or brand/bike specific forums.

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 24th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Or better yet, what about creating a How NOT to do it section! Will start off with how NOT to clean your chain :D unless you want to end up like this guy

chromefonica
Aug 24th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Are there enough of us for that? I mean, you can find almost anything already how-to'd on Youtube or brand/bike specific forums.

You can always count on Mr. Negativity to hate on your ideas. Why go searching everywhere for things when you can find it here from somebody you know personally that is more than capable and versed in the topic? Like why should I go with something I got from another site when I can ask Jan who I know can help with just about anything motorcycle related?

Agustin
Aug 24th, 2011, 11:49 AM
You can always count on Mr. Negativity to hate on your ideas. Why go searching everywhere for things when you can find it here from somebody you know personally that is more than capable and versed in the topic? Like why should I go with something I got from another site when I can ask Jan who I know can help with just about anything motorcycle related?

That was uncalled for. I just don't think we have the #'s to make it any good. You could do some general ones for brakes or something. Or maybe a forum specifically for asking for help. I think that would be better, IMNO.

chromefonica
Aug 24th, 2011, 04:28 PM
That was uncalled for. I just don't think we have the #'s to make it any good. You could do some general ones for brakes or something. Or maybe a forum specifically for asking for help. I think that would be better, IMNO.

Just giving you a hard time man.