PDA

View Full Version : Another introduction thread

Se7en-Suns
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:15 PM
... but the first one with me in it. :D

Hello, I'm a 'new' rider when it comes to the streets, although I grew up riding dirt bikes. l2fly put me onto CVR during a recent ride along the PCH, so 'thanks, DJ'.

So, why would a schmo wait until he's in his 30s to take up riding, you ask? Well I'm sure folks all have different and unique reasons for traversing the landscape on two wheels, so perhaps I am no exception. For me, it's a break from the challenges of home, where my wife and I have been legal guardians for a family of 7 kids along with their single mother who is terminally ill with cancer. (Well, 8 kids now that the oldest brother has joined us).

I'm admittedly coming into this a bit late. My Dad had re-kindled a long time passion for riding in recent years, which is something he was able to share with my brother. Didn't really push the issue with me though because of our large horde of munchkins and the fact that he didn't want to make waves with my wife, whom he knew had strong feelings on the matter, and whom he very much respected.

... In some ways, though, I really wish he had. He passed away last year from Leukemia, so we never got the chance to ride together. :( That said, my brother and I have already taken a couple of 1100+ mile weekend trips together, and I have to say that I'm obviously a chip off the old block.

Some ride for speed, or to feel the G-forces pulling on them in the corners. Others like it because it places you that much closer to the elements -- which heightens your senses to the sights, sounds, and smells around you. And of course, there are those who approach it technically as a set of skills to master. I would have to say that all of the above are factors for me, but it's something more than that. For those who haven't done it, riding is viewed as a Death Wish. But it really isn't -- It's a celebration of life!

Pleased to meet you all! :)

hippylong
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:17 PM
welcome. to the fastest fourm in the valley.. CvR

A Ninja Boot
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
I don't know about being fastest in the valley. Welcome!

seDUCtive
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
So, why would a schmo wait until he's in his 30s to take up riding, you ask?

No judging here, I did the same thing!

kidmoua
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
welcome abaord..

seems like DJ is trying to overun CVR with Triump owners:confused2:

PRTSMN
Jun 2nd, 2008, 02:35 PM
i dont see any triump owners a few triumph owners tho. welcome aboard.:D

poach
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:20 PM
Great personal outlook...welcome.

Daisy
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:25 PM
gOOD INTRODUCTION.

Welcome aboard

Big Kahuna
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:30 PM
:01welcome7jb:

Calicronic
Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:30 PM
Welcome...and don't worry. I didn't start street riding til I was in my thirties also. Probably better I waited anyways:evilgrin0013:...lol.

L2fly
Jun 8th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Hi Shelby! I just found your intro thread! :01welcome7jb:

WOW, I didn't know all that... sounds like you certainly are a busy one with a very full house! Good for you! Your dad would be thrilled that you got into bikes, I'm sure... better late than never!

Hope to ride with you again soon!!

BlooDSMeaR
Jun 8th, 2008, 10:17 PM
good to see you bro how do you like the bike??????????????????????????
I love my speed four:cheers2:

GusGus748s
Jun 9th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Welcome!!!

Se7en-Suns
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:25 PM
good to see you bro how do you like the bike??????????????????????????
I love my speed four:cheers2:Need you ask?? :D
I've yet to meet a Speed Four owner who doesn't love it... For that matter, that applies to folks who just take a ride on one, too. It's like an exotic summer salad: "Light and tossable".... [end lame analogy]

NinjaMBee
Jun 9th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Need you ask?? :D
I've yet to meet a Speed Four owner who doesn't love it... For that matter, that applies to folks who just take a ride on one, too. It's like an exotic summer salad: "Light and tossable".... [end lame analogy]
as long as u didnt say tossed salad. LOL :D

Sprocket
Jun 9th, 2008, 05:28 PM

Yeah, but you just did! :p

NinjaMBee
Jun 9th, 2008, 05:29 PM

yes, but thats ok...cause im a girl :p ;)

PRTSMN
Jun 9th, 2008, 05:30 PM
:doh:

BlooDSMeaR
Jun 9th, 2008, 05:39 PM
a hurm (coughs):focus:... I have a lot of aftermaket up grades on myy bike ill post picks i am sure you'll aprecate it...

Se7en-Suns
Jun 11th, 2008, 09:52 AM
That would be cool! I have a couple so far; handlebars (LSL) and exhaust (Jardine).

GSXR888
Jun 11th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Welcome Shelby!! :D

CBR888