Riding Saturday - dawn till ???

Required equipment/prep:

Knobbies
License Plate
Well maintained machine

Tension your chain
Recent oil change
Fluids topped off
>35% tread on your tires (it will be a slick mess)

Sack (lunch :evilgrin0013:)

Destination: No thanks - best hashed in the saddle
Departure:

Leaving from fresno (most likely from the starbucks at Herndon and fowler but might change (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Starbucks&aq=0&sll=36.842022,-119.675832&sspn=0.019783,0.045276&ie=UTF8&hq=Starbucks&hnear=&ll=36.838347,-119.68111&spn=0.009394,0.022638&z=16) north east corner)
Early (to be hashed later)
Summary of last similar rides results:

Had a blast
Wife had search parties poised to search for me
Slept on a rock with no camping gear in 20 degree weather overnight
What I will do different this ride:

Not eat a TON of curry the night before
Ok the plan isnt to sleep on a rock - but it is a distinct possability, ride your own ride, and don't say I didn't warn you. Know your own limits.

More info here: (Will be updated as details evolve - Currently not a whole lot to see (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16163800&postcount=8683))

~

Michael

JonJon
Jun 14th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Dang, work Saturdays. This sounds like my kinda ride too. :(

freeriders98
Jun 14th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Man I want a dual sport. That sounds freakin awesome!!!

tr1200
Jun 14th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Wouldn't be the first time for sleeping on a rock, eh Monti?......I'm still witing for parts from Dan at Moto-X-Otica, any day now. I'll be riding street on Saturday; 245-Yokhol Valley-Springville-190.

Have fun-
Tom

montibank
Jun 14th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Seems to be a re-occuring theme :)

Yet I keep commng back for more.

mrlopez
Jun 14th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Darn Mike daughter weekend :-(

montibank
Jun 14th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Darn Mike daughter weekend :-(

Gah!

mrlopez
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Gah!

Yeah Gah!! The only guy willing to go all the time and you don't give a heads up, :evilgrin0013: :popcorn:

montibank
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Yeah Gah!! The only guy willing to go all the time and you don't give a heads up, :evilgrin0013: :popcorn:

Posted right after I found out i was cleared, been s busy layely pre-planning is become a thing of my past. I love planning well Ahead ... Just cant get it done lately.

JonJon
Jun 15th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Hey Mike, what roughly is your route/plan for this day? Are you planning on camping out somewhere, or was that just something that happened to you in past trips? Maybe there will be a way I can get outta work around noon and meet you guys somewhere up in the hills. Also willing to bring my sleeping bag incase of an over-nighter. :thumbsup:

svbrady
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Hey Mike, what roughly is your route/plan for this day? Are you planning on camping out somewhere, or was that just something that happened to you in past trips? Maybe there will be a way I can get outta work around noon and meet you guys somewhere up in the hills. Also willing to bring my sleeping bag incase of an over-nighter. :thumbsup:

im thinkin about hitin whiskey falls on sat .

svbrady
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:00 PM

ranger said its still snowed out, same guy told me miami was closed, miami dosent close,,guess i go explore some more trails at bretz mills

GreeNug
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:06 PM

+1 :word:,

Myself + 2 others are heading that way on Saturday morning as well. Damn snow had better be metled by now eh, Haha.

montibank
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Well piss on it.

I misunderstood. The dualsportin guys wanna go out sunday, im not a big fan of sunday riding (going in to work barely able to move is not my idea of a good time).

Almost would rather hit the woods on Saturday - but I haven't ridin with em in so long, somewhat torn on what to do. :confused2:

JonJon
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Bah, screw it. I'm goin to Hollister Monday instead lol.

montibank
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Bah, screw it. I'm goin to Hollister Monday instead lol.

Have you been on Renz yet? If not you gotta try the challenge loop - if it isn't challenging enough for you, you aren't going fast enough. :evilgrin0013:

JonJon
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Have you been on Renz yet? If not you gotta try the challenge loop - if it isn't challenging enough for you, you aren't going fast enough. :evilgrin0013:

Haven't been to Hollister in about 4 years. Where this is at, because I really wanna try it. :D

montibank
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Haven't been to Hollister in about 4 years. Where this is at, because I really wanna try it. :D

Its clearly marked. Just ask the ranger to point you in the direction of the Renz property. Challenge loop they say takes 1.5 hours (but it can be done in like 45 min really) think of it as a enduro course since essentially that is what it is. Great fun - might be a little dusty.

JonJon
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Its clearly marked. Just ask the ranger to point you in the direction of the Renz property. Challenge loop they say takes 1.5 hours (but it can be done in like 45 min really) think of it as a enduro course since essentially that is what it is. Great fun - might be a little dusty.

Sounds awesome. I'll be sure to bring my GoPro. :)

redwave
Jun 15th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Yo, Mo- ya dindt mention you were out for Sat. !! I wanna ride and live close to Whiskey. Who's with me?

montibank
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Yo, Mo- ya dindt mention you were out for Sat. !! I wanna ride and live close to Whiskey. Who's with me?

Like I said on adv... wish I could ride both days. Just can't do both.

Whatcha doing wednesday next week RWD?

montibank
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:34 PM

+1 :word:,

Myself + 2 others are heading that way on Saturday morning as well. Damn snow had better be metled by now eh, Haha.

:iagree:

redwave
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Yo, Mo-- this two site shat is forking confusing

Wed, ya like I said on ADV (this is getting phuuking tedious) Wed is good considering my limitation, preoccupations and massive hesitations not counting subtle unknown reservations and unknown maturations with willing confabulations and destinations

montibank
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Yo, Mo-- this two site shat is forking confusing

Wed, ya like I said on ADV (this is getting phuuking tedious) Wed is good considering my limitation, preoccupations and massive hesitations not counting subtle unknown reservations and unknown maturations with willing confabulations and destinations

Hehe ... Just ask GreeNug to git in on some Saturday action. I'll call you if it looks like I can sneak out mid week next week.

montibank
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Details for Sunday Riding:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16163800&postcount=8683

svbrady
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Well piss on it.

I misunderstood. The dualsportin guys wanna go out sunday, im not a big fan of sunday riding (going in to work barely able to move is not my idea of a good time).

Almost would rather hit the woods on Saturday - but I haven't ridin with em in so long, somewhat torn on what to do. :confused2:

go on sat dont be a winniy your not a big fan of sunday,will get you back into woods shape.

svbrady
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:42 PM
go on sat dont be a winniy your not a big fan of sunday,will get you back into woods shape.

redwave go check out conditions tomarrow dude,pm me your number and il let you no by tomarrow were im goin,you to greenug pm your number,,we goto get this dirt bike site toghether not just talk about it...i ride 2 3 times a month:word:

montibank
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:44 PM

Its been over a year since I have ridin with JP - I'm not being a good freind. :(

I will catch up you single track riders soon. Its summer - stuffs melting gates are opening, won't be long.

JonJon
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:53 PM
You guys better have a good enough time for those of us working. :D

svbrady
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Its been over a year since I have ridin with JP - I'm not being a good freind. :(

I will catch up you single track riders soon. Its summer - stuffs melting gates are opening, won't be long.

ok monti yer making me feel bad, but we do have an annual bald,brewer,swamp loop coming up:evilgrin0013:

mrlopez
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:25 AM
ok monti yer making me feel bad, but we do have an annual bald,brewer,swamp loop coming up:evilgrin0013:

:word:

montibank
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:07 PM
:word:

Im down fer that... Lets run it in reverse this time though :)

svbrady
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Im down fer that... Lets run it in reverse this time though :)

ya we just got to let the snow melt first,then we can plan it

GreeNug
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:20 PM
You guys better have a good enough time for those of us working. :D

Do the same @ Hollister on Monday if you end up going. I'm half tempted to call in sick and go with ya. I've never been there mid week, I'll bet it's nice without a crowd!

GreeNug
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:23 PM
We are meeting @ the Chevron in North Fork tomorrow Saturday 6-18 @ 7:30 for those that want to head up into the whisky area with us. :nana:

JonJon
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Do the same @ Hollister on Monday if you end up going. I'm half tempted to call in sick and go with ya. I've never been there mid week, I'll bet it's nice without a crowd!

Ya that's what my cousin told me. Said the place is pretty much deserted during the week. Can't wait. :D

redwave
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:07 PM
redwave go check out conditions tomarrow dude,pm me your number and il let you no by tomarrow were im goin,you to greenug pm your number,,we goto get this dirt bike site toghether not just talk about it...i ride 2 3 times a month:word:

Mission Accomplished: I have previewed Whiskey and it is pretty good straight up the main road with a few passable tree falls (small ones) a bit of snow 'bout 2 miles in. At 5 miles past the gate the snow starts to be a pain in the ass, so that's where I turned around- 3 miles from Brown's ditch. Now if you guys meant Whiskey Falls itself and points East I just didn't have the time. I like to loop over to central camp and then Beasore when the whole mess is clear but that doesn't look possible just yet.

svbrady
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Mission Accomplished: I have previewed Whiskey and it is pretty good straight up the main road with a few passable tree falls (small ones) a bit of snow 'bout 2 miles in. At 5 miles past the gate the snow starts to be a pain in the ass, so that's where I turned around- 3 miles from Brown's ditch. Now if you guys meant Whiskey Falls itself and points East I just didn't have the time. I like to loop over to central camp and then Beasore when the whole mess is clear but that doesn't look possible just yet.

your the man.thanks for the update

redwave
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:25 PM
No prob, glad I could help, and it was fun trying out my new back tire. Bald ones just suck so bad in the snow snot and powder- yeah pretty much all around they suck...

JonJon
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:08 AM
No prob, glad I could help, and it was fun trying out my new back tire. Bald ones just suck so bad in the snow snot and powder- yeah pretty much all around they suck...

:pound: word

montibank
Jun 19th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Mission accomplished... Will link pics and video soon.
Frigging DR well exceeded my expectations, had a blast.

montibank
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Pics here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16207603&postcount=8743
and here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16210490&postcount=8746
and here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16212044&postcount=8755

Fun fun fun... That damn DR is hilarious. I chased perry on his 525 all day on his ace ...

Fireroads its GREAT!!! It does fairly good elsewhere. Great for dualsporting.

mrlopez
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Nice Mike I defently need to go with you guys

JonJon
Jun 21st, 2011, 08:28 AM
Glad to see you had fun Mike! After a series of strange events, I got a really late start to my Hollister ride yesterday (3 o'clock), so I didn't really get to explore much. Spent most of our time there following my 6 year old cousin as he learned to ride his 50.

Got one short and slow video of a trail over there tho. Man the soil was dry and loose!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pBxWnCvwIU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pBxWnCvwIU

montibank
Jun 21st, 2011, 12:21 PM
Glad to see you had fun Mike! After a series of strange events, I got a really late start to my Hollister ride yesterday (3 o'clock), so I didn't really get to explore much. Spent most of our time there following my 6 year old cousin as he learned to ride his 50.

Got one short and slow video of a trail over there tho. Man the soil was dry and loose!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pBxWnCvwIU

Bet it was dusty as hell out there get choked out by any quads? When its like that it is just better to stop and let them get a good long lead then go later.

Did you make it up to Renz?

JonJon
Jun 21st, 2011, 12:31 PM
Bet it was dusty as hell out there get choked out by any quads? When its like that it is just better to stop and let them get a good long lead then go later.

Did you make it up to Renz?

I actually only saw 1 other group of people while we were there. My cousin was the only one on a quad, and I made sure he stayed behind me. Too dusty to be following that kinda nonsense.

No, didn't make it to Renz. Like I said we had a really late start, so only got to ride about 2 hours, but when we get a good rain in I'm going to plan a trip for up there. Keep your eyes peeled for that. :thumbsup:

Oh, and I made a lap around the vintage track on my little cousins 50 to clean the carb out for him after I sat and kicked it for 20 minutes. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr9ZU8OQDoE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr9ZU8OQDoE

poach
Jun 21st, 2011, 01:37 PM
Rider commentary/sound effects for the win...lol

JonJon
Jun 21st, 2011, 01:39 PM
Rider commentary/sound effects for the win...lol

:D

montibank
Jun 21st, 2011, 03:31 PM
That track is hard - did it on the 530, I think the kids on 50s go faster around it than I can. :evilgrin0013:

Gotta love the WHooo Hoooo! -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZKPdzIcWfs