PDA

View Full Version : Where to ride (DIRT)

CalDirt
Jun 8th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Anyone have a list of places to ride locally in the Fresno area, on DIRT?

I used to maintain a list here:
http://www.caldirt.com/docs/riding_areas/index.htm

I had to stop posting because all the good places kept getting shut down after some knucklehead would ruin it by riding too close to a house, etc.

Just curious if anyone else has picked up the baton and ran with it to put together a single list of places.

I'm looking for something other than the usual suspects: Tulare, Porterville and Miami Trails. Tulare and Porterville are nice but the drive is not fun and being forced to wear long sleeves or stop and start riding on a track that you've paid to ride is not cool. And Miami is great technical riding but there are no jumps.

Anyone know of places where you can jump and just free ride, without being harassed?

I even bought property (17.5 acres) and then freaking Madera SD shows up and tells me I can't ride on my own property, on a Saturday afternoon, because some fool has their panties in a wad over the noise.

Why do they even sell off road vehicles in this freaking gustapo Nazi state? Tax revenue - that's why. Cali will gladly take our money, then use it to pay police to harass us.

Vote for me in 2012. When I'm president, the tree huggers will be rounded up, put on a boat, and sent adrift. :)

chromefonica
Jun 28th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Yeah... that site isn't much help anymore. I used to rida at Piedra a lot too. It got shut down for a couple of reasons. One was a change in ownership, and the other is because some people were too stupid to putt around and check things out before riding hard and a couple people have rode over that top part and oops, they fall off the cliff on the other side into the rock quarry and died from it.

I don't know of any private areas around fresno that are still open. There is a private track up in tollhouse that you can pay to get on. There was a spot in the old river out in hanford, but it is now submerged in water due to the abundance of rainfall and snow melt. Other than that I have no idea. There are a bunch of ohv areas in the surrounding mountains though.

montibank
Jun 28th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I even bought property (17.5 acres) and then freaking Madera SD shows up and tells me I can't ride on my own property, on a Saturday afternoon, because some fool has their panties in a wad over the noise.

:censored:

Utter horse puckey - you in city limits? If not fight that tooth and nail.

Stuff like that drives me nuts.

freeriders98
Jun 28th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Up in Idaho a buddies parents live in a subdivision that waited to long to get their HOA all set up. I think you only have 3 years, after that they can't make covenants. So a guy bought the empty lot next to him and built a little MX track for his kids. And this is a subdivision where the lots are only 1 acre. People are pissed but legally have no rights.

I want to develop a community like they have for lakes or airports. But have it based around an MX track and maybe a cart/sumo track. HOA dues would help maintain tracks and everything. I think it would work well and then you've got people who like the sound of dirtbikes at 8am on Sat.

JonJon
Jun 28th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I want to develop a community like they have for lakes or airports. But have it based around an MX track and maybe a cart/sumo track. HOA dues would help maintain tracks and everything. I think it would work well and then you've got people who like the sound of dirtbikes at 8am on Sat.

Let me know when I can move in. I'll be on all the tracks whatever hours I'm not working or sleeping. :D

freeriders98
Jun 28th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Thats my thought. I think there is plenty of money in motorsports. Think of the cost to have kids race somewhat competitive. Those people would buy a house in a motorcycle centered community. This is one of the many serious business ideas I have that I would like to see become a reality at some point. Will more than likely be in AZ, somewhere just north of Phoenix!!

My Dad had his plane at a guys house that lived in an airport community. Coolest place ever!!!!!!! You get to live in an area surrounded by people with similar interests. And your hobby is in your back yard.