PDA

View Full Version : Miami Trails condition?

motojim500
May 12th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Does anyone know if the trails have been cleared yet? went two weeks ago the place is in bad shape, trees down on every trail.

JonJon
May 12th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Not real sure, but if you find out keep us posted. I need to make another trip up there soon.

GreeNug
May 12th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I know they did a trial appreciation day out there about a week ago but I didnít get a chance to make it out there unfortunately so I'm not sure how everything turned out. I am up for a trip to check it out though

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15795966&postcount=8333

I am doing a recon trip up into the whisky area to see if the snow has melted enough yet this weekend.

svbrady
May 12th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I know they did a trial appreciation day out there about a week ago but I didnít get a chance to make it out there unfortunately so I'm not sure how everything turned out. I am up for a trip to check it out though

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15795966&postcount=8333

I am doing a recon trip up into the whisky area to see if the snow has melted enough yet this weekend.

went to whiskey last week gate was still closed, about 2 ft of snow beyond the gate .melting really fast though

montibank
May 12th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Water pump seals replaced - countershaft seal/oring replaced. No leaks yet.

And I think I got my electrical worked out to a faulty voltage regulator... Wilson's had one in stock last I checked - gonna swing by and pick it up tomorrow.

I would love to do some reconnaissance - anyone called the ranger station to see if its legal yet?

***Update - Saturday is out, maybe (like 10% chance but I gotta live on that 10%) on Sunday after 1200.

~

Michael

Mr J Himself
May 26th, 2011, 04:20 PM
theres still some trees down, but its still good to ride at.....make your own trails around them :D

montibank
May 26th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Ranger station will give you trail conditions if you call...

Direct number: 559 877 2218 from 0800 - 1615 mon -> fri

svbrady
May 31st, 2011, 09:07 PM
trail conditions are awesome,trees are removed trails are groomed on most trails,all but the no no trails,theres still mudd, took me an hour to get all the mudd off bike.:D

JonJon
May 31st, 2011, 09:51 PM
trail conditions are awesome,trees are removed trails are groomed on most trails,all but the no no trails,theres still mudd, took me an hour to get all the mudd off bike.:D

Nice. I may need to hit it up tomorrow!

motojim500
Jun 4th, 2011, 08:31 PM
theres still some trees down, but its still good to ride at.....make your own trails around them :D

Mmtb and deadman blocked by trees no making your own trail. Are these trails cleared yet?

chromefonica
Oct 9th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Went to Miami Trails last thursday. Didn't work out too well. It was only raining a little bit, but there deep mud/water pits stretched across the trails everywhere. The trails were very slick. The road to get to the staging areas were very slick as well. Had to use 4 wheel drive just driving on the road because the front end would just push in the turns. Got soak n wet smashing through the puddles and it was 38 degrees up there. So rode until I couldn't feel my fingers anymore, which was about 30 min.

up in smoke
Oct 9th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Went to Miami Trails last thursday. Didn't work out too well. It was only raining a little bit, but there deep mud/water pits stretched across the trails everywhere. The trails were very slick. The road to get to the staging areas were very slick as well. Had to use 4 wheel drive just driving on the road because the front end would just push in the turns. Got soak n wet smashing through the puddles and it was 38 degrees up there. So rode until I couldn't feel my fingers anymore, which was about 30 min.

sounds like fun.

chromefonica
Oct 9th, 2011, 08:47 PM
sounds like fun.

Was fun until my hands got wet.

up in smoke
Oct 9th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Was fun until my hands got wet.

in wet conditions i will keep a 2nd set of gloves in my jacket pocket in case i fall and get my hands wet.

chromefonica
Oct 9th, 2011, 09:26 PM
in wet conditions i will keep a 2nd set of gloves in my jacket pocket in case i fall and get my hands wet.

not a bad idea