PDA

View Full Version : Heading to the Desert

GreeNug
Apr 13th, 2011, 09:27 AM
This weekend, Saturday 4-16-11 to be specific. Just a day trip, I'm going to pick up a friend in Selma hopefully around 6 in the morning and will be returning the same day sometime in the evening.

We were discussing a trip out to cal city area for a ride to the Husky memorial but are now probably gonna stage in Dove Springs and head west for the hills. Let me know if you interested in going and I'll P.M. you my phone number.

We will be on plated dual sports and you might need a plated bike (not sure?) once we get west of the Dove Springs area and up into the hills a bit.

mrlopez
Apr 13th, 2011, 10:00 AM
This weekend, Saturday 4-16-11 to be specific. Just a day trip, I'm going to pick up a friend in Selma hopefully around 6 in the morning and will be returning the same day sometime in the evening.

We were discussing a trip out to cal city area for a ride to the Husky memorial but are now probably gonna stage in Dove Springs and head west for the hills. Let me know if you interested in going and I'll P.M. you my phone number.

We will be on plated dual sports and you might need a plated bike (not sure?) once we get west of the Dove Springs area and up into the hills a bit.

Ahwww man, already going to the Santa Cruz ride if not I would it like to join

montibank
Apr 15th, 2011, 05:12 PM
In ... er I think?

Got room in yer truck/trailer for how many dualsports/bodies?

The Mrs is letting me outa the box for saturday.:evilgrin0013:

montibank
Apr 15th, 2011, 05:15 PM
PM sent.

REDL1NE**
Apr 15th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Have fun mang! I gotta buy a dirt bike already.

GreeNug
Apr 15th, 2011, 05:40 PM
In ... er I think?

Got room in yer truck/trailer for how many dualsports/bodies?

The Mrs is letting me outa the box for saturday.:evilgrin0013:

I normally have room for 3 really comfy and 4 if we squeeze a little bit but I didn't renew the 5 year trailer tag for my moto trailer at the end of the month like I was suppose to.

Now am wondering if I would get pulled over for out of date reg. on the trailer? There isn't a sticker on it? Its a PTI tag or whatever they are called?

I take it you got your bike back together? I'll give you a call here in a bit.

GreeNug
Apr 15th, 2011, 05:43 PM
We have also decided to skip the Piutes due to not enough gas primarily and head out to Cal City area to stage and see if we can find the husky memorial. I here there is a few good trails out of and in that area?

svbrady
Apr 21st, 2011, 05:17 PM
how was the ride?

GreeNug
Apr 24th, 2011, 09:52 AM
how was the ride?

I had an awesome time, thanks for asking. We ended up staging out at Borax Bills and ended up riding into Randsburg for some lunch and gas. We were all on untested bikes and elected to just do a quick shakedown run. Next time I want to head up into the Piutes :evilgrin0013:.

We found a few good little trails but there was soo much out there! The whoops weren't too bad like I expected, all of the bikes made it back in mostly one piece, all in all an excellent ride.

Here is some helmet cam footage from in the morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFcCsSxlk3o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFcCsSxlk3o

svbrady
Apr 25th, 2011, 04:33 PM
looks like u had fun