PDA

View Full Version : Low speed turning skills

JollyGQ
Mar 4th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Sorry if this is a repost. Found it on another forum I frequent...This guy is freakin AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9twUAi1Q4o0

mrlopez
Mar 4th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Well it was just post like 30mins before you did I guess you and Poach must hang on the other forum

GsxR1000Ryda
Mar 4th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Yup! They call him "Sticky"!

JollyGQ
Mar 4th, 2011, 05:25 PM
crap....lol.

mrlopez
Mar 4th, 2011, 05:34 PM
crap....lol.

Crap happens lol So you riding tomorrow ?

SXV 550
Mar 4th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Well it was just post like 30mins before you did I guess you and Poach must hang on the other forum

What other forum?????

JollyGQ
Mar 4th, 2011, 06:15 PM
svrider.com

JollyGQ
Mar 4th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Crap happens lol So you riding tomorrow ?

Nope...got kid duty tomorrow. Plan on balancing my TBs with my newly made manometer and takin the kiddo to the batting cages and park. Hopefully I'll have a chance to get out on Sunday, but weekdays are usually better for me.

You got plans? Where ya goin? I really enjoy that Powerhouse and wanna take the road that tees off at the powerhouse to see where it goes.

VintageRider
Mar 4th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Nope...got kid duty tomorrow. Plan on balancing my TBs with my newly made manometer and takin the kiddo to the batting cages and park. Hopefully I'll have a chance to get out on Sunday, but weekdays are usually better for me.

You got plans? Where ya goin? I really enjoy that Powerhouse and wanna take the road that tees off at the powerhouse to see where it goes.

That road goes to the top of the 4 lanes.

wildbear
Mar 4th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I have just a little trouble on courses like that. LOL :popcorn::rolleyes:

JollyGQ
Mar 4th, 2011, 08:40 PM
That road goes to the top of the 4 lanes.

Is it in good condition like powerhouse/auberry? So that road is the Auberry turnoff at the top, huh? cool. One guy I met said it goes up and meets a bridge and something about a market that sells delicious chicken...I got lost after he told me the second turn..lol. I've also wanted to take Tollhouse from 168 to see where it goes.

I have just a little trouble on courses like that. LOL :popcorn::rolleyes:

I've spent my life on cruisers, so learning that a bike can lean that far is still hard for me. I'm getting better though.

Jetstream01
Mar 5th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Wow. That was amazing! I'm also amazed at the grip that bike gets. They are using slicks aren't they? I can't really tell.

JollyGQ
Mar 5th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Wow. That was amazing! I'm also amazed at the grip that bike gets. They are using slicks aren't they? I can't really tell.

yeah, they look like slicks when he's waiting to start. Also, you see he's using his toes as curb-feelers through the turns. I would love to learn to handle my bike like that...would definitely make me feel more secure.

VintageRider
Mar 5th, 2011, 05:49 AM
They are using slicks aren't they? I can't really tell.

It says he is using BT 003's

sincalirider
Mar 5th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Its more the bike than anything else:p

SexyOnMySV
Mar 5th, 2011, 05:52 PM
svrider.com

Only the best forum out there:) Wait....I didn't see an SV in your profile. Why are you lurking out there:confused2: LOL

JollyGQ
Mar 5th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Only the best forum out there:) Wait....I didn't see an SV in your profile. Why are you lurking out there:confused2: LOL

Really? LOL. Have you looked at my avatar by any chance? :D

SexyOnMySV
Mar 5th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Really? LOL. Have you looked at my avatar by any chance? :D

:rolleyes:
Sorry my SV Haver friend:)

LOL....must have ready someone else's. The image looks skewed. At a quick glance, it almost looks like a Yamaha.

SVs rule! BTW....love the silver frame.....the 2004 is a sweet bike...mine's yellow!

Isn't there a BARF forum for SVR? I know they have a SoCal one. I'm on the standard and SoCal....although I don't really post anymore.

JollyGQ
Mar 5th, 2011, 06:48 PM
:rolleyes:
Sorry my SV Haver friend:)

LOL....must have ready someone else's. The image looks skewed. At a quick glance, it almost looks like a Yamaha.

SVs rule! BTW....love the silver frame.....the 2004 is a sweet bike...mine's yellow!

Isn't there a BARF forum for SVR? I know they have a SoCal one. I'm on the standard and SoCal....although I don't really post anymore.

I have more pics of it in my album. My ID on SVR is the same as here so you can see pics in my garage on that site as well. I dunno about BARF...just recently learned what BARF was...lol. yeah, I love my SV. I'm pretty loyal to Suzuki anyway because I've never had any issues. I've had 2 other bikes - Intruder 750 and Sa***e 650 - both were at least 10 years old when I got them and I sold them with 50-70k miles on each, still running strong.

I gotta look up where you're at...we'll have to hook up for a ride sometime.

mk2mike
Mar 5th, 2011, 07:29 PM
His bar set up helps a lot... can sit more upright to toss it around

SexyOnMySV
Mar 6th, 2011, 04:36 PM
His bar set up helps a lot... can sit more upright to toss it around

I hate slow speed...anything on my SV. Practiced on the MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) course on my ex's GSXR and did soooo much better. I think the gearing and power pulses of the V-twin make it a little more tricky. Constantly feels like my bike is going to stall. Strangely enough, I don't have the same issues on my SV650S (different gearing and somehow all around smoother).

People who can do those crazy courses amaze me.