PDA

View Full Version : Browns Creek trail

GreeNug
Feb 3rd, 2011, 07:39 AM
I uploaded a video of us trail riding sometime early last December. Very fun trail that is now under 10ft or so of snow, haha. We are dropping down the trail this time but I think climbing it is even more fun. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVk1SE860PI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVk1SE860PI

JonJon
Feb 3rd, 2011, 08:07 AM
Fun looking trail. Where is this at?

mrlopez
Feb 3rd, 2011, 09:33 AM
Just a bit of snow, nice

GreeNug
Feb 3rd, 2011, 10:11 AM
Fun looking trail. Where is this at?

Whisky Falls area :thumbsup:

Just a bit of snow, nice

I will be uploading another tonight where we got lost a few times due to the thick snow. It gets hard to see the trail for a while.

aaw749r
Feb 3rd, 2011, 02:07 PM
That looks like so much fun.
I'm going to look at a plateable dirt bike this weekend, I need a deversion from my routine and some non-work related exercise.

JonJon
Feb 3rd, 2011, 02:14 PM
I'm going to look at a plateable dirt bike this weekend, I need a deversion from my routine and some non-work related exercise.

Sweet! :thumbsup:

poach
Feb 3rd, 2011, 02:23 PM

Now you're talkin'...

GsxR1000Ryda
Feb 3rd, 2011, 03:09 PM
that looks like so much fun.
I'm going to look at a plateable dirt bike this weekend, i need a deversion from my routine and some non-work related exercise.

do it!!!

aaw749r
Feb 3rd, 2011, 03:12 PM
05 ktm exc-525

montibank
Feb 3rd, 2011, 03:24 PM
Nice...

Keep em comming - this is about as close as I get to riding till end of summer. :(

mrlopez
Feb 3rd, 2011, 03:56 PM
05 ktm exc-525

Oh yeah bring it

GreeNug
Feb 3rd, 2011, 04:06 PM

I agree with everyone else, DO IT!. Haha.

I am picking up a dual sport also, soon as the tax man returns some of my damn money. What do you man no itemized deductions accepted until Feb. 14th?? Grr :wtf::bs:

05 ktm exc-525

Excellent woods bike and trail machine for connecting single track but the service intervals would kill me.

Well... now I'm not sure on an 05' but I know the newer ones need a lot of wrenching.

Nice...

Keep em comming - this is about as close as I get to riding till end of summer. :(

A lot of wrenching.
Ha-ha sorry Mike. Are you waiting for parts or funds for parts?

I am looking for an 06' or 07' Husqvarna TE610 myself :D and I'm keeping my green sticker CRF for tight woods riding. :nana:

JonJon
Feb 3rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
Well... now I'm not sure on an 05' but I know the newer ones need a lot of wrenching.

You got that backwards.

aaw749r
Feb 3rd, 2011, 05:02 PM
If I like it (and what another unrelated party has to say about taging it) I'll put a deposit on it this weekend and pay for it in full and pick it up as soon as my current project is complete. That should be at the very end of the month.

mrlopez
Feb 3rd, 2011, 06:39 PM
If I like it (and what another unrelated party has to say about taging it) I'll put a deposit on it this weekend and pay for it in full and pick it up as soon as my current project is complete. That should be at the very end of the month.

Doesn't come with sumo wheels by any chance!! :)

GreeNug
Feb 4th, 2011, 08:38 AM

Congratulations Ray and best of luck, I hope everything works out for you.

Another video up, this one starts out with my friend putting his foot down in a river crossing, Doh, and then is just a rocky steep climb out. I believe this was filmed Thanksgiving weekend, I was having computer problems for a bit and couldn't get them edited up before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iv9IVzqX-0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iv9IVzqX-0

mrlopez
Feb 4th, 2011, 08:54 AM

Another video up, this one starts out with my friend putting his foot down in a river crossing, Doh, and then is just a rocky steep climb out. I believe this was filmed Thanksgiving weekend, I was having computer problems for a bit and couldn't get them edited up before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iv9IVzqX-0

Look a bit gnarly but fun.

aaw749r
Feb 4th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Doesn't come with sumo wheels by any chance!! :)

No, no sumo wheels. I'm gonna just run the knobbies, this is mostly for trail riding. I get too agressive with the traffic for my own safety and the blind corners in the hills bother me when we "play" on the sport bikes. Sport bikes are for the track for me.

chromefonica
Feb 22nd, 2011, 11:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iv9IVzqX-0

I was gonna take some video of Miami a couple weeks ago. Got my helmet cam up there and everything.... and then the batteries were dead. Lol

GreeNug
Feb 23rd, 2011, 11:58 AM
I was gonna take some video of Miami a couple weeks ago. Got my helmet cam up there and everything.... and then the batteries were dead. Lol

Ha, I did the same thing on Sat.

We headed up the hill for some snowboarding and I was happy to get some snow footage finally. Had the camera all charged up, cleaned off the memory card so I had the full 16gb at my disposal and then hauled off and left the damn memory card in the card reader at home. Doh!

Haha next weekend.

montibank
Feb 23rd, 2011, 01:31 PM
Ha-ha sorry Mike. Are you waiting for parts or funds for parts?

I am looking for an 06' or 07' Husqvarna TE610 myself :D and I'm keeping my green sticker CRF for tight woods riding. :nana:

Funding for parts - but the taxman did me good. I have enough to pay for about half of the repairs. Soooo might get it repaired a little earlier than expected. I am hopeful for the end of March or early April.

~

Michael

GreeNug
Feb 23rd, 2011, 05:55 PM
Funding for parts - but the taxman did me good. I have enought to pay for about half of the repairs. Soooo might get it repaired a little earlier than expected. I am hopeful for the end of March or early April.

~

Michael

Right on - congrats on getting the bike fixed!

The taxman did me fairly well also, I need to change some stuff up and claim more dependents or something after buying the house.

Still haven't received my federal yet but my state return was good enough to put my dual sport savings fund into an area where I could make an offer on a low mileage 2006 Husky TE610. The guy accepted the offer and I drove home with the bike, Yaye :D.

I guess the moral of the story is hurry up and fix your dual sport, there is some riding to be done, Haha.

Obligatory, on the way home in the back of the truck shot.

GsxR1000Ryda
Feb 23rd, 2011, 05:57 PM

The taxman did me fairly well also, I need to change some stuff up and claim more dependents or something after buying the house.

Still haven't received my federal yet but my state return was good enough to put my dual sport savings fund into an area where I could make an offer on a low mileage 2006 Husky TE610. The guy accepted the offer and I drove home with the bike, Yaye :D.

I guess the moral of the story is hurry up and fix your dual sport, there is some riding to be done, Haha.

Thats a sweet looking bike man, Congrats!

JonJon
Feb 23rd, 2011, 07:05 PM

Nice! Let's do some riding!

montibank
Feb 23rd, 2011, 07:35 PM

LMAO ... I had one of those for the CBR but I cant find it on my phone :confused:

Nice git... Yes yes the motor is out and on the bench... Hope fully ride soon.

~

Michael

mrlopez
Feb 23rd, 2011, 08:34 PM
LMAO ... I had one of those for the CBR but I cant find it on my phone :confused:

Nice git... Yes yes the motor is out and on the bench... Hope fully ride soon.

~

Michael

Can I bring mine, I want to powercoated my frame :D

montibank
Feb 23rd, 2011, 09:22 PM
Can I bring mine, I want to powercoated my frame :D

I wish I had some money burning a hole in my pocket... I would love to powder coat my frame while i have it all pulled apart.

I'll help you pull yers apart ... I got some spray paint if you want to go for the indian festival of color look.

mrlopez
Feb 23rd, 2011, 10:18 PM
I wish I had some money burning a hole in my pocket... I would love to powder coat my frame while i have it all pulled apart.

I'll help you pull yers apart ... I got some spray paint if you want to go for the indian festival of color look.

nahh I don't want to be bikeless yet lol

montibank
Mar 2nd, 2011, 11:04 PM

Hah found it! I stowed it on facebook...

Hopefully KTM motor to a shop (still undecided which) this week.

MikeinFresno
Mar 13th, 2011, 04:19 PM
and all of this trail wil be closed soon with the new TMP, what a shame

GreeNug
Mar 13th, 2011, 07:49 PM
and all of this trail wil be closed soon with the new TMP, what a shame

What is the new TMP?? :confused2: Trail Maintenance Program? (I wish huh, haha) With the state as broke as it is I wonder how they are going to enforce any new trail closures?

Hell they closed Clear Creek too but I know folks are still riding out there.

I was under the impression that SoCal Edison owned most of the land in that area and didn't mind people riding there, but I don't really know?

montibank
Mar 13th, 2011, 08:52 PM
With the state as broke as it is I wonder how they are going to enforce any new trail closures?

They stated that (while all but winking at the crowd) in very plain english at the last town hall meeting about it that I attended. No money to enforce.

Having said that the last three times I have gone riding I have encountered a ranger lol. I think the guys in trucks are still out - but the guys on drz's might be a thing of the past?

~

Michael

MikeinFresno
Mar 14th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Travel Management Plan, Fs is closing 90% of the trails locally and half the dirt roads. It is a nation wide deal too, all of the national forests are doing this road update. Most of the forests have had big loses, a few have done OK. Depends upon who is the local Rnager it seems and what their own personal agenda is, green or pro use.